Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    I'd add more actual characters rather than adding pilot creation. There are a lot of characters that can still be included from UC alone, not to mention the other timelines and, since DWG is more oriented towards the fans of the shows, it makes more sense to add them.

If you don't like someone's voice or appearance, avoid using them as characters. Movesets depend on the mobile suit and not the pilot, after all.

And how can you not like Camille? His is a man's name, for he's a man!

Same as above: more actual suits makes more sense since many were left out, especially the non-UC ones.

They could, however, add a way to customize a suit by altering its palette and/or adding emblems/accessories, like the infamous Zeta w/ Zaku head from ZZ.

Don't worry--Ginns (grunt suits from the SEED timeline) have been shown among the other mooks, so SEED (and others) will probably have an Official mode, too.

100% agree. When yuo play several Gundam games, you quickly realize how the usual "main" ones are used in every game, while the more interesting ones are always left out!

This is a Warriors game, so it would only make sense to see anything from G, really: Shining, Maxter, Dragon, Rose, Bolt, Spiegel, Nobel, Rising (pretty much EVERY suit in G is melee-based) or melee-specific suits from other shows, like Sandrock, Deathscythe (Hell), Forbidden, Abyss and so on.

The division in ranks is silly in DWG2 since the weakest suits hardly even have a chance to damage bosses...they should be weak, but enough to be a challenge instead of suicide.

Eh, this is the Warriors series. I'm already amazed they actually used all the original voices (when available) in DWG2.
    Kamille annoys me the most, in DWG1 the person who voiced him came across as sounding like some very young child who had wet himself, the cry of 'Arrgh!' in anger over killing Jerid was enough to make me wish that anime got better writers for such characters.
    It's war, crying over it while being part of the chaos solves nothing. Amuro's voice tends to grate because he sounds either bored or like he's got his beam sword rammed up somewhere painful.

I've foound a lot of anime tends to have character expressions down to either 'Huh?' 'Wat?' 'I'm annoying, hug me' 'I shouldn't have had that curry last night'. It fairly puts me off all kinds of anime, Gundam especailly due to the same poorly considered expressions and character personalites that tend to be the same characters with new names and slightly differnt appearances, but the same behaviour as many others before them and after them.

With the Warriors games, while I enjoy the smashing of many opponents for anger management purposes to be entertaining, it can be hard to fully enjoy the games due to a lot of terrible voice overs and plot holes so big that you could fit all of those over sized mobile suits from DWG2 in them and still have too much of a plot hole.
    Add to that some terrible music at times that makes it hard to focus on what's going on because you keep expecting some kind of over sized plush cat to appear on screen and do something very weird.
    Or for someone to appear on screen and go crazy from the bad music.

I like being able to create in games, something which is very rare, so I keep hoping for a pilot creation and Gundam creation mode so that the player can have the chance to be creative, but with limits so not to make some kind of God like Gundam.
    I wouldn't mind making a Gundam that has a finishing move of smashing some opponent's head off their knee before smashing them into the ground head first and kicking them away.

I'm likely going to get DWG3, but I'm disappointed at the lack of a pilot creation mode to go with the mobile suit editing mode.
    I'm also disappointed that they've gone with an online mode again, hardly anyone plays DWG2 online as it is, such a mode is useless and pointless in the era of the FPS genre hogging online gaming for the most part.

Still it's nice to see that they've listened to the fans of the games and added in some Gundams that people have been hoping for.
    Though I have no idea on the majority of the Gundams and pilots, anime just isn't my thing, and all of the Gundam series as a whole aren't shown in the UK.
    "He who runs away will live to fight another day" "Aye, and he who runs away runs into my waiting sword. So much for that theory"

Quote Originally Posted by the_bebop View Post
    They need to put Rau Le Creuset in the Providence Gundam in these games. As far as I can tell Rau Le Creuset is the only character in any Gundam series that is completely Insane.
    Most cyber newtypes are insane, too, ranging from not quite normal (Rosamia) to completely crazy (Katejina).

But yeah, Rau is the main villain in SEED, so he ought to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by ReinaHW View Post
    Kamille annoys me the most, in DWG1 the person who voiced him came across as sounding like some very young child who had wet himself, the cry of 'Arrgh!' in anger over killing Jerid was enough to make me wish that anime got better writers for such characters.
    It's war, crying over it while being part of the chaos solves nothing.
    I see. I must say I love Camille for his over the top antics (like randomly removing his helmet in outer space just to prove a point) and the fact that everyone in Z has punched/slapped/kicked him at least once because of that.
    He does come out as annoying to most people, though.

I've foound a lot of anime tends to have character expressions down to either 'Huh?' 'Wat?' 'I'm annoying, hug me' 'I shouldn't have had that curry last night'. It fairly puts me off all kinds of anime, Gundam especailly due to the same poorly considered expressions and character personalites that tend to be the same characters with new names and slightly differnt appearances, but the same behaviour as many others before them and after them.
    Yeah, anime tend to use the same old archetypes over and over...it gets boring after a while.

With the Warriors games, while I enjoy the smashing of many opponents for anger management purposes to be entertaining, it can be hard to fully enjoy the games due to a lot of terrible voice overs and plot holes so big that you could fit all of those over sized mobile suits from DWG2 in them and still have too much of a plot hole.
    Add to that some terrible music at times that makes it hard to focus on what's going on because you keep expecting some kind of over sized plush cat to appear on screen and do something very weird.
    Or for someone to appear on screen and go crazy from the bad music.
    That's a common trait of several Warriors game IMO, especially the voice acting part (I switched to JP voices in Orochi 2 and they're not much better, either). Then again, I've grown accustomed to bad voice work in these games =P

I like being able to create in games, something which is very rare, so I keep hoping for a pilot creation and Gundam creation mode so that the player can have the chance to be creative, but with limits so not to make some kind of God like Gundam.
    This. Out of every Warriors game, I like the most the ones with a good creation mode. Creating different characters and playing asthem increases a game's replayability a lot IMO.
    For games based on a series, though, I'd rather have more actual characters than making my own.

Anyway, if you want character creation in a Gundam game, I suggest you try Gundam Battle Assault or Gundam Assault Survive. They're different from DWG under many aspects, but they feature a nice creation system: for example, in GAS you pick gender, voice, face and hair, then you can get a normal human, newtype, cyber newtype, coordinator, extended, Gundam Meister or tech god (they can all pilot different robots) and, finally, you can choose their skills and specials (like "attack up when low on HP").

Still it's nice to see that they've listened to the fans of the games and added in some Gundams that people have been hoping for.
    Though I have no idea on the majority of the Gundams and pilots, anime just isn't my thing, and all of the Gundam series as a whole aren't shown in the UK.
    Actually, many Gundam shows have never left Japan to begin with (ZZ, Turn A, Victory and so on). And of those that made it to America, less than half made it to Europe =(
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

I'm enjoying DWG2, it's pretty good, though some things are disappointing - the very short lived offical mode for example, only four characters, even with additional stories, isn't enough and the mode is over all too soon.

The mission mode is fun, but it could do with improvements for DWG3, I hope they've made a lot of improvements for the upcoming sequel, like a better friend system and randomising the pilots you battle since I seem to be fighting characters like Shinn and others, I think they're from Destiny, not sure since I've never seen that series.
    But their banter is tiresome after the first thirty times.

A creation system would be nice so that the player can have a chance to balance out the characters, there are too many male characters who tend to be the same character in terms of behaviour - the serious, dour adult, the hyperactive child, the emo teen who hates war but fights anyway, the crazed lunatic and Master Asia who really, really annoys me, along with Dull Moan, sorry, Domon.
    "Gundam fight, ready, go!" "I just kicked your backside around the place and now you're getting ready to fight?"

I would like the chance to create more female characters with a good choice of voices that can give better character than 'damsel in distress' 'hyperactive' 'bitter' and 'boring'.
    How about someone who's a combination of various personalities? Like someone who's exprienced with battle, but at the same time once she's in battle she's giving off all kinds of remarks and funny comments like - "Oh look, I got your nose, your arm, your leg...Need glue to put all that back together?"

No achivements for the online mode, please! No one plays DWG2 online as it is, the online mode for that game was clearly a waste of time and effort that could have gone into making the single player even better.
    Why not just scrap the online mode completely and strengthen the single player even more? Since it isn't FIFA/Halo/COD and any other war time shooter than it isn't going to be noticed, it's a waste to add such a mode if it isn't going to be used.

Better descriptions of the series shown in the games for those outside of Japan would be helpful, since so many of the Gundam series don't get released outside of Japan, the ones that do are heavily edited and don't show the full story, then for anyone who lives outside of Japan they're being provided with characters and pieces of story line that don't make any sense.
    So vastly better descriptions would be really nice and helpful in understanding the motives of the characters and their part in the story.
    "He who runs away will live to fight another day" "Aye, and he who runs away runs into my waiting sword. So much for that theory"

Post DW Gundam 3: Content Download

Hi
    It been awhile I have found some addition information for DW Gundam 3
    The Contents Download for Musha Gundam, Musha Gundam MK II & 1000 Shot-Down Mission are 100 Yens (around £0.79/80MS Points or Promotion Code to obtain it for free)

The Official Website updated:
    GNX-Y901TW Susanowo (Graham Aker/Mr. Bushido) Price are now 600 Yen (around £4.76/480MS Points)
    Last edited by JJW199; 05-01-11 at 08:57 AM.

That's a pretty good price for the DLC !

I Agree about maybe it will show as content download we find out about the results next mouths@

I have wanted for europe koei Tecmo put a date to launch the game in Europe.

Hopefully it will released around May/June/July (after the released of Dynasty Warriors 7)

I have played Gundam Musou 3 yesterday and it is epic and fun with the impact Pink explosions after defeating a emery that cause addition shot-down scores using charged moves or SP Attack (expect ace pilots but do get hit by pink explosions)
    I have defeat 3 Mobile Amour Boss: Phyco Gundam, Phyco Gundam MK II & Big Zam (can be use for partner strike) but this time to make huge damage to the Amour, the charged attack (hold a button for a charge attack) had been removed to make it harder! I have tested Musha Gundam & Musha Gundam MK II the moves are the same from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (expect of the team/overdrive SP Moves) I will not tell the rest because I may spoil it for everyone until the released date for the US/European Version but the Emergency Dash (N.E.X.T Dash) will come in handy and in the right time to pull it off.

I know you all can't wait to play it!!
    Last edited by JJW199; 06-01-11 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks for the impression. I wish the didn't remove the Charge-up Attack myself as that added some nice finesse to the controls.

me too the charge to target point makes it flitch (I mostly using wing zero using Hyper SP Moves with Overdrive equipped to defeats all Mobile Amours)

Thread Information