Thread: Bonjour - some assistance please

Default Bonjour - some assistance please

Hiya guys,

I am working on koei.co.uk/fr at the moment and I need to add in some French Websites and Magazines for the MyKoei and My Tecmo surveys. Could you tell me if these are the best magazines and websites to pick please:

Magazines:

XBOX 360 Le Magazine Officiel
    CANARD PC
    CONSOLE PLUS
    Game Geek
    IG Magazine
    Jeux Video Magazine
    JOYPAD
    JOYSTICK
    Nintendo Le Magazine Officiel
    PC Jeux
    PlayStation Le Magazine Officiel
    PSM3
    RPG Magazine

Websites:

JEUXVIDEO.COM
    Clubic.com
    GENERATION-NT.COM
    GAMEKULT.com
    JEUVIDEO.FR
    MICROMANIA.FR
    JEUXACTU.COM
    PLAYFRANCE
    GAMEBLOG.FR
    JVN.COM

Thanks! If any of those arent good/relevant or there are other ones we should have let me know. We'll try our best to make you a good French website.

Wow ! So many of them, and I'm no longer interested in video games magazines :/ I can just tell you the ones I know as "famous" (i.e. those I know the name for a long time or often see it on web/events).

But, a good way (maybe) to see which ones are best known, you can go here. On the field next to "lancer la recherche" put the name of the magazine, and then look on the "tirage" column, it's the number of magazine they printed on average each month per year (you can check how they did each month by donwloading the details if you click on the green "PV"). Sadly, it looks like most them are here, but not all.

But when I look at the list, I know all of them except Game Geek and IG Magazine (but that doesn't mean they're small, it's just I don't know them)

For the websites now, the most important ones are Jeuxvideo.com and Gamekult.com. Jeuvideo.fr is well known too.
    Now I can't tell for the others, maybe they are too but I don't know.

What I can tell you is that clubic.com is more about computers, internet and technologies than games. And micromania.fr is the site of a video game store, so if you really intend to put it, you could as well add game.fr (it's the same Game that you have in UK) and also fnac.com (games, among books, movies, music, TVs, etc.).

But really I can't tell you about the others, I already saw them but don't know how big or small they really are.

I hope it will help you, and that other French forumers will tell you more about what they know^^

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    Hiya guys,

I am working on koei.co.uk/fr at the moment and I need to add in some French Websites and Magazines for the MyKoei and My Tecmo surveys. Could you tell me if these are the best magazines and websites to pick please:

Magazines:

XBOX 360 Le Magazine Officiel
    CANARD PC
    CONSOLE PLUS
    Game Geek
    IG Magazine
    Jeux Video Magazine
    JOYPAD
    JOYSTICK
    Nintendo Le Magazine Officiel
    PC Jeux
    PlayStation Le Magazine Officiel
    PSM3
    RPG Magazine

Websites:

JEUXVIDEO.COM
    Clubic.com
    GENERATION-NT.COM
    GAMEKULT.com
    JEUVIDEO.FR
    MICROMANIA.FR
    JEUXACTU.COM
    PLAYFRANCE
    GAMEBLOG.FR
    JVN.COM

Thanks! If any of those arent good/relevant or there are other ones we should have let me know. We'll try our best to make you a good French website.
    Thanks for asking French members' advice & good luck for this FR part ^^

Nice list and thanks Shika for the help

It has been a long time I didn't read a Video Game Magazine too.
    But I know many of these Magazines, the only one I also don't know is IG Game (maybe because it is a new one, just published in 2009)

Long time ago when I still didn't have Internet, my favorite French Magazine was GamePlay RPG (it is them who wrote a nice article about DW5 if I remember well), but this Magazine doesn't exist anymore, it has been replaced by others magazines and the most famous successor is Role Playing Game : http://www.roleplayinggame.fr/

For the Websites, there're the best ones in your list ^^ The only one I don't know is the last JVN.COM maybe because it is a new one or a website about Nintendo games.

As Shika said, the most famous are JeuxVideo.com, JeuxVideo.fr, Gamekult.com, JeuxActu.com and maybe PlayFrance & GameBlog.fr, I think.

And about store site, maybe one famous in the South is : http://www.jeuxvideoandco.com/ (though I think Micromania is already one the best game store here XD)

Best of luck for FR Website, we can't wait to see it ^_^
    Blog Officiel de TECMO KOEI France

http://u.jimdo.com/www32/o/s79eea1ce...humb/image.jpg

Sorry for my bad English, please, forgive my mistakes and
    /or feel free to correct it, thank you ~

We started localising parts of this site. You can see the progress on: http://www.koei.co.uk/fr if you see any mistakes issues please let me know. Please note at the moment we havent started localising the news stories, game text txt etc yet - just the main site text.

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    We started localising parts of this site. You can see the progress on: http://www.koei.co.uk/fr if you see any mistakes issues please let me know. Please note at the moment we havent started localising the news stories, game text txt etc yet - just the main site text.
    Oh ok, thanks for the link & letting us see the progress ^^ The French translation is well done, nice work! Thank you very much for translating the site in French

I didn't see any big mistake, there is the word 'Boîte' -in the section mykoei- that makes me wonder if it is correct or not, it is in 'Boîte' when I read 'Boîte ajoutée pour Kanji Shaker' (for example), it seems it is more like 'Page ajoutée pour ......' as it is more a page than a box that was added, I think. (well, it is what I understood ^^''' I thought the word 'Boîte' is strange there but it is only my opinion XD)

Then in the page Kanji Shaker for example, there are just 3 mistakes :
    on the site ---> correction
    utilisateurs nouveau ---> utilisateurs nouveaux (plural) but in good French, we would inverse and write 'nouveaux utilisateurs'
    mon collection de jeux ---> ma collection de jeux (collection is a feminine noun in French)
    tous les captures d'écran ---> toutes les captures d'écran (capture is feminine too)

Sorry again for late, hope that can help :s & Good luck at making it
    Last edited by Qing Long; 18-09-10 at 04:07 PM.
    Blog Officiel de TECMO KOEI France

http://u.jimdo.com/www32/o/s79eea1ce...humb/image.jpg

Sorry for my bad English, please, forgive my mistakes and
    /or feel free to correct it, thank you ~

Thread Information