Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 7

I think in terms of the focus on the story, this obliterates the rest of the series for sure. I've seen the majority of fans think so highly of how enchanted it is.

Gameplay-wise isn't such a feat, but it's still moving forward.

I'm on my third story which is Wu's and lastly will be Jin. Afterwards I'll play Conquest Mode and if I get around to it, will do the stories again.

Currently on my third story which is Wei. Really enjoyed them both so far. I hate to say it but I think I may be defecting to Shu, lol! Loved playing as Zhuge Liang, Guan Suo, Jiang Wei and Zhao Yun!
    Don't a little on Conquest Mode just to see what it was like but then thought I'd do the story modes first then concentrate on Conquest.

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

I finished Chang Ban as Shu last night. It's probably my favourite version of the levels there's been because in the earlier versions you had to babysit a bunch of people, which I found really annoying. Also switching character half way was pretty awesome, I love how it just goes from cutscene to gameplay.

I'm liking the character growth in this too, does anyone know if seals, weapons and upgrades carry over to conquest or is it just for the story mode?

well im new to these here forums but i was on the american site since 2008 and have like 650 posts there even though im british XD
    anyway i frekin love this game i completed the story modes within a few days and am now haking away at conquest cant wait for dlc

Finished Shu's story the other day, really enjoyed it, although if I hear the word "benevolent" again I think I might explode . Just done Hefei as Wu now and if I'm honest I'm kinda enjoying their story more but Shu's was still awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by StratocasterEv View Post
    if I hear the word "benevolent" again I think I might explode . .
    My thought's exactly
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    My thought's exactly
    Me too, all I can think of now is being benevolent..... But I love this game, i'm on Jin's story now, I did the other three, and I think the story is brilliant

And I love nearly all the characters, Ma Dai, Jiang Wei and Zhuge Dan are up there though, they're so cool.

First time I came to these forums for nearly a full year.

Got the game last Wednesday... completed it. XD Well i need to max out all bonds, get all the seals, wallpapers, voice clips and weapons, but aside from that./

Story mode is the best yet in this game. By far. I never thought I would like having the character I control dictated to me, but as everyone can near enough use every weapon it doesnt change things really. Its amazing.

Conquest mode is ok, but I finished all stages now, so I wont find much new here.
    SW3 Friend Code: 3395-7139-6283

The thing with the weapon switching is that I found out to be a bad move from them for the main title. I'm still now not actually wanting to use it much simply because I want/ed to wait to unlock the actual character/s using the weapon to give a more unique feel.

I wouldn't want to use Zhang He's claws a lot before using him himself for instance, it would take a chunk of something new away apart from looking forward to the EX Attack and both musou moves. Which is why I've not done that, so the feature has been pretty much useless in my mind.

And as for the story by far the biggest flaw for me was them choosing the character per stage like they did. I mean I really like Xiahou Dun, but I'd much rather give screen time to Xu Huang at Fan Castle (having him arrive late :P). Also, all those newcomers yet so many get no say on the story. That's ridiculous. So it gives a reason to play Conquest Mode, but there's no cut scenes or anything which adds to a character's depth and them being more memorable/enjoyable legendary battles.

Just finished Wei and started Jin now. Really enjoying the story mode still, I agree with LittleDragonZ about not using the new characters enough in the story because even though I'll probably try them out in conquest I'll more than likely stick to using my favourite characters mostly like Guan Yu and Ling Tong. Some of the newbies do look really cool though.

Thread Information