Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 7

Just got the game, am playing Wei story mode and did some conquest just to sample the game in 2 player co-op mode.

First impressions seem good. My only gripe is why the story mode does not support a 2-player co-op. I still can't decide if I prefer the new mode to the old system. The story flows much more having to play each level with a particular character but my question is this. Once you complete a story mode and attempt to do it again do you still have to use the particular character for the particular stage or are you given a choice?

Also does anyone know if 4th weapons (or something similar) are available and how to unlock them?

After playing some of Shu's story mode I am pleased, it feels like a natural step forward for the series, thank goodness you changed most of the character's designs back from what they looked in 6 (One of the reasons I didn't buy 6)

Quote Originally Posted by legalle View Post
    Just got the game, am playing Wei story mode and did some conquest just to sample the game in 2 player co-op mode.

First impressions seem good. My only gripe is why the story mode does not support a 2-player co-op. I still can't decide if I prefer the new mode to the old system. The story flows much more having to play each level with a particular character but my question is this. Once you complete a story mode and attempt to do it again do you still have to use the particular character for the particular stage or are you given a choice?

Also does anyone know if 4th weapons (or something similar) are available and how to unlock them?
    There are special and signature weapons that you can unlock, but only on Conquest Mode. You can either do Legendary Weapon Battles to unlock them, or you need someone with the skill Smithing (Zhuge Liang has it) to buy them from the weapon dealers in the towns. But you have to be quite far in Conquest Mode to get them. Hope this helps

i've got the platinum trophy. realy nice game

I have to say though, some missions annoyed the hell out of me, I always ended up dying near the end of the campaign and have to start back at the beginning, it can take time to get to the final points of a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by veryape_213 View Post
    i've got the platinum trophy
    Congrats.

Finally started to play online co-op last night properly as I only tried it a couple of times before. I'm really sucked in now! Also downloaded some all of the available costumes. Seeing the original costumes in HD is great too! I always remember the original DW being quite blocky so it's nice to see them in the glory of HD!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

I've maxed out the skills of all the Shu and Wu officers, most of Jin and about half of Wei's and Other Officers. This is really quite the grind, but I got nothing else till Arcana Heart 3 arrives at the end of the month so plenty of time left.

EDIT: Platinum GET!!!
    Last edited by Emerald Emblem; 10-06-11 at 04:09 PM.

ive done all of the achievements ages ago. it was a great sucess.

I'm still plowing through Conquest mode, got a quarter of the map left to do then time to grind to max out characters and what not!

Great game definitely one of the best Warriors games.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

I've just seen the news on facebook about Xtreme Legends being confirmed for Japan which'll probably mean an overseas release! Apparently Guo Jia's gonna be playable as well as it having Co-op with any character in story mode. They've also said that legend mode's coming back, which was my favourite mode in D5XL, I loved the open endedness of it, so it'll be awesome if they can expand even more on that idea. Can't wait for it to come out!

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/images/mag...7xl/guojia.jpg

Thread Information