Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 7

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    It's all down to personal taste in the end I suppose. I mean I geneally feel that DW7 is amazing but I know not everybody shares my opinion.
    It's like my favourite DW title on the PS2 is DW5 but most seem to like 3 or 4 the most. I think for me with DW5 it was just the sheer amount of stories for every character (48 I think it is). Yes it's easy but crank the difficulty up if so.
    DW7 and DWStrikeforce are my fave PS3 DW titles, oh and DWGundam 3 and Fist Of The North Star too, lol! The story telling in DW7 is excellent. The cutscenes for example now make you actually feel for the characters.
    Maybe for now you should just wait for the price to drop then buy it rather than pay full price for a game that you're only gonna play the story mode. I do think you'll like Conquest mode though, then again maybe you won't.
    Why not rent it out first instead?
    It's funny you should mention DW5 since that is my least favourite PS2 DW game! I much prefer DW3 + 4. The graphics weren't great in 5 although i did like some of the new attacks but they removed the throw attacks they added in DW 4 and most importantly there was no versus! Yeh i think I may wait for price to drop but even then i'm still not sure. I'm not really in the habit of renting games I wish they had just released a demo instead. I think DW3 was the only one to get a demo and thanks to that I got one of my favourite PS2 games. So far I have none of the DW titles for PS3 since none of them seem to interest me.

This game can get repetitive quickly, the game is to slow paced in my opinion. I preferred DW6.

I really enjoyed DW7, at first I was simply blown away by how visually pleasing the game was. I kind of found story mode a bit too lengthy (there were points where I was wondering just how many more stages are there before I finish this kingdom) but I did enjoy the chance to speak to soldiers and allies.

Conquest mode is a nice idea but I would have preferred Free Mode and perhaps some sort of friendship / bond / event mode based on that rather than the mass grind-fest that is conquest...

However, I do think this is a step in the right direction for the DW franchise, I'm looking forward to the next offering~!

Quote Originally Posted by Dah_Panda View Post
    I really enjoyed DW7, at first I was simply blown away by how visually pleasing the game was. I kind of found story mode a bit too lengthy (there were points where I was wondering just how many more stages are there before I finish this kingdom) but I did enjoy the chance to speak to soldiers and allies.

Conquest mode is a nice idea but I would have preferred Free Mode and perhaps some sort of friendship / bond / event mode based on that rather than the mass grind-fest that is conquest...

However, I do think this is a step in the right direction for the DW franchise, I'm looking forward to the next offering~!
    I have to agree with you a lot, I think the story was good, and that Conquest Mode looked promising but was actually a little dissapointing, and yes I think the future may be bright.

Yeah the story telling is great in DW7 however I really didn't like the fact that you had to play with a particular character in any particular level is the story mode. It killed most of the fun for me of doing each character's story mode. The fact that the story mode didn't have a co-op feature didn't help either. Conquest mode didn't do much for me either. Had it been more like empires I will prolly have loved it but as it was the battles just felt tiresome. I appreciate a lot of people liked the new direction the game has taken and in all probability it will keep following this format but personally I much prefer the way Gundam 3 is going. Yes it's very repetitive but its fun unlocking so many characters and suits and levelling everything up.

i cant bored DW7 the voices, the gameplay all the stuf is great btw i dont have any problem with the slow paced increasing stats (though i would prefer to be a litle quicker).

Talking

Having no PS3 or X360, I had to get the PSP-only DW7 Special, which is only in Japanese...

However, now that I've almost beaten every mode, I can say it's one wonderful game.

First of all, I like how KOEI have been experimenting with different gameplay formulae since DW5 and DW7 clearly borrows the good parts of the games that came before it!

The thing I liked the most was the weapon system: every character is free to use any two weapons, but there are weapons he/she just can't use that well, as well as a preferred weapon type that gives him/her an additional attack. Also every weapon has its own perk, like the chakram being hurled forward when switching weapon or the spear allowing C4 and C6 charging. That was a great idea, though I must say I wish these perks were more varied (most of them are based on weapon switching) like they were in Strikeforce (like the staff being able to change its element).

I also really liked how, instead of additional characters from each army, we got a whole new faction with its own story mode and all. Jin is pretty much my favorite kingdom now, kicking Wu to second place: its turquoise color looks good and really screams "we're Wei only we're not really Wei", its characters look mostly fresh and varied and its leaders are really enjoyable, if anything because they're a big departure from the (IMO) boring Liu Bei, Sun Quan and Cao Cao.

There are some things that just didn't click with me, though: first of all, some new weapons are a bit too out of place for me: Guo Huai's arm cannon/machine gun/bayonet thing really looks off in the ROTK context, while Ma Dai's paintbrush kind of clashes with his personality (unless he was some sort of painter in the book?) and overall looks like a Samurai Warriors thing.

I also have no idea why Xiahou Ba is considered a Jin warrior when he clearly hates Jin (spending the whole Jin storyline as a foe) and would be more suited to Shu or Wei. At least Zhuge Dan was a Jin officer before he decided to go and join Wu.

Speaking of modes, I know I'm in the minority but I love Conquest mode.
    First and foremost, it's a Free mode with no pretenses to historical accuracy, and whose stages do not require unlocking via Story mode. It's not a "replay X stage with Y character" but, rather, a way to play something new every time due to its randomized enemies and allies.

Then again, allies aren't completely randomized as it's possible to buy a bodyguard in towns and/or unlock an ally and later "equip" them as a fixed companion. In the same way it's possible to have a mount that ranges from the classic horses to a bear, with a tiger, wolf, panda and hawk thrown in the midst for added variety. You can't get much better than that.

Conquest mode also gives you characters before you can even unlock them in Story mode so there's that, too. Each character has 2-3 personal stages that serve as some sort of Legend mode and give a basic story, so even minor people like the Qiaos get their very own scenarios without being forced into Story mode.

Speaking of Story mode, I really liked how it had fun little stuff like catapults and, uh, gatling turrets? as well as a "before battle" moment where you can speak with NPCs and buy new stuff.
    The PSP version allows you to change your character in story mode, too, but I certainly can feel for the poor guys who played the PS360 versions and were stuck with Xu Slowasshu during the battle of Chi Bi!

Battlefields are more accessible in general now that stairs make it easier to climb up a cliff (without having to run around the whole map) and rivers can be crossed without a bridge. I wish it was possible to interact with the map to a higher degree, like setting up ambushes and burning down bases like in DW5XL's Destiny mode, but I really can't complain with what I got!

My one suggestion for future DWs would be to stick with what we have, i.e. no more characters -maybe one or two additions for Jin- and more focus on giving each warrior his/her own weapon (which, in turn, would mean more weapons for everyone to choose from and more variety).

That being said...why isn't there a DW7 subforum? DW6E was released a while ago, shouldn't the more recent games get their own section?
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

I love DW7, conquest mode is the best but i don't get why there is never any players online, it must be DWonline, it's taking all the players away from 7

Thread Information