View Poll Results: Add A before fight Strategy element with unit waypoints control?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Dynasty Warriors 7 should contain player made waypoints before battle as an option.

3 100.00%
  • No, Predetermined waypoints are fine with me.

0 0%
  • Neutral

0 0%

Thread: Battle system ideas for Dynasty Warriors series

Lightbulb Battle system ideas for Dynasty Warriors series

I cant tell you how i love Dynasty Warriors so much and Dynasty Warriors 6 has improved vastly with graphics and the renbu system that was added. Its gameplay and the sheer numbers of enemies and all that is happening at the same time bring me into the game as though im actually there and the number of user controlled decesions to make for yourself(eg. wheather or not to participate in an attack with allies or go striaght with your own game plan. The downside is, where is strategy? Sure you cant participate in the predetermined plans but whos going to be taking the other side in which clearly is a crucial spot to pincer the enemy but you know you cant do it alone, what if there was a way to guide the allied forced units into your own plant or strategy?

The one thing i feel that this game is missing though might be one others want as well. More millitary commanding like giving the gamer the ability to draw waypoints for his own forces before the battle! Imagine being able to to draw your own plans on the battle map with only information of what territories you own and using your head while still having those glorious story cutscenes to tell the story.

Give the gamer some kind of ability to actually tell which unit where to go before the battle starts and let them participate in their own stratigies such as their own way to defend he fei from Guan Yu's water at atack by positioning his/her allies where he may feel is necassary and crucial to defend or attack within reasonable control. Give them a way to start their own allies where they want the (eg: a base further down they control from the beggining) without giving them too much control like placing their soldiers in enemy territory right of the bat. I feel this will immerse the player even more in ancient chinas war torn era and may even add a more tangible strategy element rather than i have to follow a predetermined plan. This doesnt need to be added to all battles, this can even be added as a freemode feature or have special maps that require this.

Many times ive been a one man army but had no real sense of making progress as waves after waves of enemy forces appear with no reinforcements in sight. If my idea is somehow implemented it would give you a chance not to feel so alone, like you are part of an army that cares for the one human player who needs to make it through that particular battle.They would be guided with another feature during battle to temporarily assist and then be given a sort of cool down time period per unit or even ask an extra full unit defending to follow you and engage when you do, sort of like a real time strategy game but limited.

I know these ideas may seem underdeveloped but i urge Koei to take them in consideration and develop the best out of them

What do you all think? Do you think these as optional features will benefit the game like i do or does it completely alter what the game is in essence to what it always have been and should continue on its path( If any developers answer on their views about it i would be most ecstatic to hear opinions.

Sincerely,

A beginner C++ Programmer & MAJOR Dynasty Warriors series fan.

I quite like your ideas. In fact I've always dreamed of something similar. I also think that player should have the ability to switch between officers mid game. Don't know if it works or not but something I think about occassionally. I would also like a troop system implemented. What I mean here is that there is an actual finite of troops to kill. And this will have an effect on the following battle. This will give a solid reason to kill peons.

I honestly took one look at that wall of text and though i couldn't be bothered to read it.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

Quote Originally Posted by Superbuu3 View Post
    I honestly took one look at that wall of text and though i couldn't be bothered to read it.
    Yeah I know the wall of text is disheartening, but on the other hand one should always support ideas for future games. I also believe that the more details one gives the better the chance that Omega Force might integrate them or at least be inspired by them for future games. I think that is one of the main reasons to have a forum in the first place. After all who better to constructively criticize games than those who love them and play them?

I don't think the devs read anything here unless like 50 people responded to this thread saying it was an amazing idea. Which won't happen with that much text. Although you do make a good point.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

Thread Information