Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Tactics 1 & 2 discussion

Smile Dynasty Tactics 1 & 2 discussion

The best boardgame-like strategy games I've ever played, how about you? Let's talk about it here.
    I like playing as the SHU kingdom story. The officers are great from the very start of the story and learn very strong and devastating tactics. Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are the best officers to use in my book and always lead the attacking force. Lu Bu's story is harder than the rest, as trying to employ more officers other than having Zhang Liao and Gao Shun in your army, is near impossible. Tell me all about YOUR experiences and foughts of this game series. Don't forget, there's improvements to be made, so tell me what you think.

Yes i have played the 1st one and i found it quite easy the 2nd i never finshed it
    The improvements well... (not reall an improvment more of a suggestion) Make Tactics avalible for all consoles not just ps2. Make the board a bit bigger and be able to play as all armies and i think i was strugging on lu bus story too and i eventualy did it

Will they make DT 3?

I want one ... anything from that era released by koei would be... welcome (and not only releasing it to consoles... not everyone has ps2/xbox360 (costs too much for me))

I'm mixed with Dynasty Tactics as I liked the stories in the first DT espcially Cao Cao's with you not attacking Yuan Shao at Guan Du or hiring Lu Bu instead of killing him but I did prefer the gameplay in DT2 with the chain tactics and capturing officers. I wouldn't mind another DT with those 2 element combined as I think that would be a brilliant TBS game.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

I wish they did make DT3. I wonder if it would include create a warrior mode?...

oh, that would be nice too

I got near the end of 1 play in DT one but never finished.
    I have 2 but never played.
    I really liked the fact that KOEI used what they learned here in ROTTK XI giving each troop type some moves based on whether your officer is goodwith that type.

I am no expert (in fact, you are way ahead of me) but I know that you do have to beat each campaign at least once to unlock the possibilty of the respective true ending (in your 2nd playthrough), so that sounds about right to me.

Uh I was just checking my email and had notification on. RotTK11 is NOT a deeper game, the AI is as bad as it gets (conforming to the usual RotTK standards) but is a very good RotTK in terms of everything else.

Dynasty Tactics Series are amazing. I really adore Guo Jia and Lu Ling Qi. The story has quite an interesting plot too. Oh Chibi..

Thread Information