Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on DOA D after all previews

Default Thoughts on DOA D after all previews

What are your thoughts on DOA D after all the preview videos and trailers you've seen so far?
    I know they are impressive but in terms of change from old DOA games what do you think?

this inlcudes: Ryu projecting out a fireball Ninpo (DOA 4 Ending), hitsparks, slow motion take down

*Is Hayashi ruining DOA series with DOA D?
    *Do you like all the changes so far?

In my opinion I know that the series is going through a drastic change especially seeing Ryu shoot out a ninpo attack. DOA D just feels so different to me, I do hope it does get too much changes that differs it from the `DOA` title.

DOA had always been about fighters using different martial arts skills from different parts of the world take on each other fist to fist.
    A 3D fighting game that uses weapon is Soul Calibur series, a fighting game that uses fist & fireball is Street Fighter. A fighting game that uses fist to fist as well is Virtua Fighter. Now don't get me wrong, change is always good and it is something I will pursuit and support!

Look at Mortal Kombat series, think about how many drastic changes it went through, all characters can now use weapons as well as fist. Again it's all about competition and SWOT. DOA D which might be using `fire ball` attack may change the overall feelings of the game, however it's practically a good sign!

Overall I'm impressed at what Hayashi is doing to the series and how far he has taken it! He is a person that should be known for adaptable mind and someone who seeks change to be better.
    If you compare DOA 1 to DOA 4, please tell me all the changes you can think off:
    *All characters using their own unique charge attacks (conceived from DOA 3 initially)
    *Various new technique from all characters especially Ryu teleporting
    *what else?

These is one of the reason I dislike DOA 4 because of the lack of change in the game and it representing a Next Generation Game. This was one of the reason why I had no choice but to make a `Leaked DOA 5 menu UI` picture, because I do not want DOA 5 to be using the same old Menu UI from old DOA Games. Now with the changes from DOA D, I shouldn't worry about DOA 5 using old contents anymore.
    http://tecmokoei-europe.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11096&dateline=128685  2721

BenjaminWiddowson Guest

Well, despite my respect and trust in the man. Hayashi seems to have proven himself to the people that were worried about his direction. DOAD is a perfect version of DOA to this point. they fixed many of the issues fans had always complained about(apparently, i never really had any issues) and implemented a few new surprises. But those surprises arent anything ridiculous, Ryu has been able to use ninpo and fireballs in his own games, Hayate and Reidou used them long before the DOA tournament started, and Ayane used one on KAsumi in 2. I always wondered why you couldnt use them in the game, but it never bothered me. Now that we can, it will be nice to see how its handled. So far, master and the other pros like it, im sure i will too.

Hayashi seems to be bringing more common sense to the direction. If the characters use fireballs in the cutscenes, that should be an accessible attack to the player, unless you proved a reason why they cant use them, which itagaki never did. Hayashi also seems to be listening to critic more than Itagaki ever did. Itagaki believed that the things TN did were perfect iterations, and critic would be taken in on teh next project. Hayahsi on the other hand wants to give people a chance to play the games we love, with the issues fixed. sigma and dimensions prove that.

you just can't let go can you?

I told you before to stop replying to my post man:/
    if you dislike someone stop hovering around their ass!
    If you really don't like someone you don't go after them in whatever they say and add a few hate to show your superiority.
    http://tecmokoei-europe.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11096&dateline=128685  2721

BenjaminWiddowson Guest

when he posts things like that its best just to ignore him, lol. as for what you said. i agree 100% people focus too much on the director sometimes. Itagaki was and is a good director, but so many people tend to act like hes the only perosn behind the games. Team ninja is a team of over 50 guys and girls. each person adds or lends a piece of their own vision and expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by verticalstand View Post
    @xino Huh? Not only was that rude and uncalled for, but it doesn't make any sense. I noticed you did the same sort of thing on the Platnium Games board.

You have some strong views, and clearly have put a lot of thought into making posts, as you did on the previous Tecmo board but you have to let others take part otherwise no discussion can take place.
    rude and uncalled for?

let me give you a better scenario:

*you are a cop and have been dispatched to stop a robbery in a shop
    *you enter the shop to find a masked robber shoot down someone with heavy jacket
    *You blame the masked robber and arrest him
    --
    Now this is the situation right here. You are already passing judgement on me without know wtf is going on.
    --

Now I'll play the scenario's backstory-
    *Heavy jacket man wanted to blow up the shop because he is a suicide bomber.
    *Masked robber who enters the shop saw what happened and heard the heavy jacket man threatening to blow up the shop, therefore the masked robber had no choice but to shoot the heavy jacket man.

So this is exactly what is happening here (no neither both of us are masked robber or suicide bomber in case you get mixed up), you are passing judgement on me because you clearly do not understand the back story here.

Did you know what happened at the Platinum Games forum?
    I'll explain:
    *Director is proclaiming all over Famistu Magazine that Anarchy Reign is a new genre. Soon he'll be doing the same with press media from US/UK.
    *In time to save his early embarrassment, I came in the forum and asked mod/admin to tell the director he is wrong about Anarchy Reign genre being new.
    *A loyal Platinum Game fanboy insulted me which was totally uncalled for
    *I defended myself
    So how am I the villain here?

so what are you talking about I'm doing the same thing at Platinum Games board?

Contrary to this topic, how the hell am I being rude?
    I'm telling someone I know to back off and you are telling me that was uncalled for.

You have some strong views, and clearly have put a lot of thought into making posts, as you did on the previous Tecmo board but you have to let others take part otherwise no discussion can take place.
    No one can argue with that BUT if you don't want to start trouble or **** someone off you back away from them.
    And I let people have their say, it's not my problem many wish to remain anonymous.

Enough people get the message, if you dislike someone you just leave them alone and do whatever they do.

I have haters online and I don't see them howling at my every comments like a scavenging fanboy, although there's this particular n00b who keeps leaving hate messages on my Ninja Gaiden 3 site. Though that's good because he's giving me hits.

Now Benjamin would not leave me alone:
    when he posts things like that its best just to ignore him, lol.
    you can see him trying to act like a smart ass. He's the one sending me an hate message on facebook. I mean if you really dislike someone you don't hover all over their ass like a fly. Finally if it's best to ignore me why are you replying to my topic???

@Benjamin

listen this is the last time I'll warn you.
    if you reply to any of my messages again, I'll reply back with insults and further embarrass you!
    I don't think you know the meaning of `Back Off`.

Now that kind of talk might be acceptable on other forums, but if you keep that kind of thing up here, its not going to go down all that well. I don't care who started it, or why it started, but I am here to end it. So quit it, or I'll make sure you do.

well is there a block button I can use?

From what I have seen . . . no, there is no block or ignore member option. So that just means that you are just going to have to be mature about this and not get involved in any troubles.

Team ninja is a team of over 50 guys and girls.
    Actually it's over 150 people now ^^

Xino/Benjamin - Please take it easy and be nice to each other. If you really have a problem then just don't reply to each other. We aren't interested in those types of things here.

BenjaminWiddowson Guest

Over 150? geez theyve grown in the past few years ahah.

as for being nice, i always am ^^! ... usually lol

Thread Information