Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: ManaAlchemist's Vectors

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Not really. You can do them in programs like Photoshop. Programs like Inkscape are just more adapted to vectors though so they turn out better in it or something like that at least.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Okay so vector art just pretty much means... Drawing over an already existing picture... self-drawn, drawn by someone else, photo, or whatever?
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Whow, I wish my drawing/editing skills were THAT good.
    This is absolutely amazing, I have a friend who draws as good as this however she doesn't have anything in order to add colour after scanning into a computer!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outi View Post
    Okay so vector art just pretty much means... Drawing over an already existing picture... self-drawn, drawn by someone else, photo, or whatever?
    Yeah that's pretty much it. So you can vectorize anything as long as you're eyes can see the lines good enough (which can be really hard to see in some cases) or can redraw the area in the program good enough to make it look like the original.
    Last edited by ManaAlchemist; 11-02-09 at 07:43 AM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightRijax
    Well to put it simply you take a picture and redraw all the lines which takes the longest time, and then you just color it. It's really that simple but also time consuming.
    So thats what vectoring is? I wasn't too far of with what I thought it was. I think I tried that once at school, so I really believe you when you say its time consuming...

    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightRijax
    i thought that i might show some here and at the same time ask if someone has any screenshot they want me to vectorize for them because i might do it when i have time.
    Are you still willing to try that?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrismZeo View Post
    Are you still willing to try that?
    Yeah, I'm always willing to try to vector something new (at least if i like the motive, because i don't want to vectorize some sick stuff).

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightRijax View Post
    Yeah, I'm always willing to try to vector something new (at least if i like the motive, because i don't want to vectorize some sick stuff).
    ok, got ya.... absolutely no Silent Hill monsters. No problem, it was nothing like that!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightRijax View Post
    Thanks. I used to use Photoshop but then i changed to a program called Inkscape because people told me it was better suited for these kinds of things, and now i agree with them. And for some reason i think the lines got somewhat pixelated in photoshop, but i have no idea if that's just my imagination or if it really is like that.
    I don't think it's just your imagination. Some stuff I did on photoshop ended up being really pixelly

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Well here's my latest work (which i've been working on for quite a while to get the eyes good enough, though i'm still not really satisfied with them):


    Larger version here:
    http://chaosrijax.webs.com/Kaori04.png

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    It's good (as usual ), but I find that something is a little... odd. Her left arm is partially hiden by her hair, and it gives me a impression that something's wrong :s And, it's just my opinion, but I would like your drawings more if the girls were more... covered lol (for exemple, the leg of the last girl).
    btw, good work^^

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •