Thread: Guan Yu

end of time, looking into pillars of light

Default Guan Yu

Here is the 3 Kingdoms very own God of War.

He is easily my favorite character in the game. He consistently has a decent VA and better character interaction than most others. And he has a great moveset in DW6. He's much faster than before and is VERY strong. The only way I can think of to improve him is make him a bit more flashy (personal wish here) and have more interaction with Guan Ping.

So what do you think about Guan Yu?

I like him much more now in DW6 then I ever did before. Like we've agreed mate, his running speed due to the boost and whatever else has improved him quite a bit.

I'd say I'm not too overly fond of the three brothers's younger appearances. It took a while to get use to, but I guess if Koei wanted a change and wanted for us to see them as they would've been with a bit more spark, then that's okay to me.

I'm just liking this current Guan Yu overall. The first real time I can say I enjoyed using each brother without picking on the obvious flaws. I'd think the Renbu system (more flashier) should be thanked for that.

Before DW6...I didnt really care all that much for Guan Yu, but seeing his new looks, and using his new moveset with the renbu, got me to start liking him somewhat

His personality is pretty good...a bit bland for my liking...but thats just me
    Oh, he is also my brother's favourite character

Guan Yu is a good character. Though I didn't like his moveset in DW2-DW5,I like it in DW6. He has good range and is powerful. He has 990 of 1000 attack,what makes him very strong. I don't like his hair in DW6...it was copied from Guan Ping's in DW5...

I must admit that it's a pleasure playing as Guan Yu because he has such a solid moveset (at least in DW6).
    I don't really like big, tough male characters... especially not ones with beards and cold personalities... But I can't get around the fact that he's incredibly fun to play with.

I especially love his running power attack 'cause you can use that to pretty much ENTIRELY wipe out almost any group of enemies coming at you.
    Guan Yu is a real problem solver.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

i never used to like Guan Yu at all however in DW6 his appearence made me give him a go. i have to say his move set with the renbu is awesome but he is so bland and, in ways much like Lu Bu, always thinking aout battle and pretty much nothing else. (except keeing Zhang Fei out of danger) as much as that counts i cantdeny he's soo tough andpowerful
    i dont lie, i bend the truth

the only unchangeable thing is that things change.

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/stupidity/0.gif

Guan Yu has to be my favourite character in DW though I preferred his DW5 appearance to his current one. He was the first person I played as in a Dynasty Warriors game and he's the first one I levelled up to level 50 in DW6 so I think thats another reason why. Plus he has the coolest facial hair ever! I wonder if I could look like that after not shaving for a few years... :P

Default I agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by StratocasterEv View Post
    Guan Yu has to be my favourite character in DW though I preferred his DW5 appearance to his current one. He was the first person I played as in a Dynasty Warriors game and he's the first one I levelled up to level 50 in DW6 so I think thats another reason why. Plus he has the coolest facial hair ever! I wonder if I could look like that after not shaving for a few years... :P
    I also played as Guan Yu when I first played DW5. I played DW3, but I wasn't in to Guan Yu. I hated him in DW4, (no offence... but) he sounded African in that game. Set in CHINA! But I played him in DW5 and I beat his mosou in an hour and a half. Except from Fan Castle. I played on Hard mode, got stuck with Pang De. So I played as Ma Chao and beat his mode, and then beat Pang De's, and found an easier way to beat Fan Castle on Shu. So I won Guan Ping.

I have to say, Guan Yu is one of the best legends in history. Not only the game, but the history. He is a combo-my-bomb-o!

I agree with god like phonix i only started really liking and caring about gaun yu in DW6

Thread Information