Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Atelier Totori

Default Atelier Totori

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

The sequel to Atelier Rorona, set 5 years after the events of Rorona, in which she has a new apprentice alchemist (The Main Character) Totori, whom lives with her father and younger brother. Her goal is to find her mother, an adventurer who went missing years ago.

The game boasts much improved HD graphics (Fully 3D), an improved battle system after taking player complaints into consideration, a steeper difficulty curve and an Adventurers License system to access new areas to gather ingredients.

Released in Japan on June 24th 2011

Already looks better than Rorona, I have to try and get the good ending for it at some point. Gust are getting better at visually appealing 3D graphics I have to say, I wish Ar Tonelico looked as nice as this.
    Last edited by Emerald Emblem; 13-05-11 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
    Released in Japan on June 24th 2011
    2011 eh? : P

I can't wait for Totori to get released here~ I think I read in an interview somewhere that part of the reason Rorona took so long to be released in the West was because Gust was really focusing on technically improving Totori over Rorona and AT3.

Quote Originally Posted by Celedin View Post

I can't wait for Totori to get released here~ I think I read in an interview somewhere that part of the reason Rorona took so long to be released in the West was because Gust was really focusing on technically improving Totori over Rorona and AT3.
    The proof is in the screenshots, shame Ar Tonelico Qoga was made a little too early for this proper HD treatment.

Yeah, I hope we see another RPG from Gust that looks as good as Meruru does.

I imagine Totori will be announced when NISA does their summer announcements in a few months, probably along with the first of the imageepoch titles and maybe ClaDun 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post

The proof is in the screenshots, shame Ar Tonelico Qoga was made a little too early for this proper HD treatment.
    Well it's as was said in an interview Siliconera did with NISA, when they asked about why Neptunia was localized fast compared to Rorona:

Quote Originally Posted by NISA
    There are good reasons for this discrepancy. When we work together with any developer, their schedule for programming availability needs to be taken into account as well. With Rorona, Gust was really busy overhauling their engine for Atelier Totori in Japan. With Hyperdimension Neptunia, Idea Factory happened to have an opening as soon as we were done with the edit on our end. That’s the gist of it.
    But anyways i found Atelier Rorona to be beautiful and really awesome, and Totori & Meruru seems to be even more epic.

But didn't someone at NISA say that Totori should be released in the US around fall? I kinda think i read something like that a while ago, and i certainly hope that it'll be out before the year is over here.

And am i the only one who's jealous of the awesome limited Atelier paperweights japan has gotten (and will get)? :P
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh totori .... man i still gotta finish rorona *sigh*
    unfortunately its being borrowed right now so i couldn't do it even if i wanted

but that aside i hope nisa get this soon....
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

The NISA Press Event is next Friday (The 13th.... o___o)! Fingers crossed for Totori!

The NISA Press Event is next Friday (The 13th.... o___o)! Fingers crossed for Totori!
    heres hoping ....
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

Those screenshots look amazing. Definitely would love those paperweights!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

The funny thing is that Meruru looks 100 times better than Totori. They've most certainly improved with their engine and the game itself has drastically improved over the original Rorona where they improved on pretty much all of the negative aspects of the gameplay.

I'm told that there's three games being announced next Friday from NISA, two are 'expected' and 1 is 'unknown'. Totori and Cladun 2 are more than likely the 'obvious' ones though there's a bit of speculation over their third title. I've heard a rumour that it may be Neptunia 2 getting a release around the same time as Japan but I doubt this is true. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thread Information