Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 236

Thread: Atelier Totori

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Seems like it. It's quite expensive too...

    Good link, thanks. :>
    Expensive? And here i find it to be very cheap. :S
    You guys are cheating with the low prices you got for games in your countries.

    Though I really want to get it right now, I still don't want to buy it until I hear any confirmation that it really just will be digital only.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Okay then, it's expensive for the UK. x)

    Be sure to get it before the 17th of April if the don't confirm by then. That's when the creepy bonus DLC won't come with it anymore.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Totori Plus was a big surprise, kinda came out of nowhere considering nothing was mentioned of it for a Western release.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Well looking at the "release" page for Atelier Totori + here on TKE (http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/news...STATION-STORE/), it kinda seems like it's confirmed as a digital only release.

    Dunno if this is the case, but to me it kinda seems like most JRPG fans are some kind of "collectors" and usually prefer physical releases, so I'm guessing a digital only release really was a bad choice. But at the same time, most fans of the Atelier games probably also already have the PS3 game, and might not bother with the Vita version, so in that way, a digital release might really have been the only way to release it at all.

    But oh well, at least we got it. Dunno if i got the money for it right now though (kinda depends on if the Horizon PSP game gets released in march as was said earlier), but I'll definitely get it as soon as I can.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    321

    Default

    I see little point in getting it, I think my PS3 copy is more than sufficient.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Pros

    It looks brilliant on the Vita & you can zoom in
    New costumes
    Dungeon added

    Cons

    Often hangs on the looting screen
    The only touch function is on the world map, and poorly done (imo). The backwards camera is confusing for my Western brain dammit.
    New artwork is offensive (so are all the costumes so far, actually...)


    I'm actually happy with it though, there's something nice about playing it on a handheld. When you're on a bus or something that feels like the perfect time to do the requests ect too since it seems like less of a waste of time.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Worlds edge
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    At least it has dual audio but the 0 advertising/marketing for this is pretty disappointing, especially after the Ayesha fiasco. The game just magically appeared today with absolutely nothing announced..
    Oh lighten up man and play ayesha it wont hurt ..... much

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Pros

    It looks brilliant on the Vita & you can zoom in
    New costumes
    Dungeon added

    Cons

    Often hangs on the looting screen
    The only touch function is on the world map, and poorly done (imo). The backwards camera is confusing for my Western brain dammit.
    New artwork is offensive (so are all the costumes so far, actually...)


    I'm actually happy with it though, there's something nice about playing it on a handheld. When you're on a bus or something that feels like the perfect time to do the requests ect too since it seems like less of a waste of time.
    Hmm just to get this straight All it comes with is costumes and dungeons?
    *sigh* i was kinda hoping for a little more more bosses, more characters perhaps? I assume those dlc charaacters come as standard as well...
    Well no matter i'll get it a little later, and stick to default costumes. Something about those new costumes makes me feel uneasy
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Oh yeah, the DLC characters are packed in (Ceci, Cory, Iskel). All that's new is you can use the touch screen for the world map. The "new" dungeon which as actually just the last one from Rorona (Orthogalaxen). Costumes/accessories. Some new and shameless art (fan service).

    http://sgcafe.com/2012/11/atelier-to...-ps-vita-port/ It says here you can tap the screen to navigate the menus but so far that hasn't worked for me...

    The DLC costumes are just wrong, but it's nice to have them since they're rare. They only came with the first print run of the game in Japan, and only come with the game here until April 17th.

    Edit: Finally know what the rear touchscreen is for in Totori, it was mentioned to have a function, but it sounded like it was for the world map? Anyway, if you tap the back screen around the middle Totori will react to it in one of several different ways.
    Last edited by Rosalyn; 24-03-13 at 11:31 AM.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Worlds edge
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    Totori Plus was a big surprise, kinda came out of nowhere considering nothing was mentioned of it for a Western release.
    yeah like this right?


    Lol




    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Oh yeah, the DLC characters are packed in (Ceci, Cory, Iskel). All that's new is you can use the touch screen for the world map. The "new" dungeon which as actually just the last one from Rorona (Orthogalaxen). Costumes/accessories. Some new and shameless art (fan service).

    http://sgcafe.com/2012/11/atelier-to...-ps-vita-port/ It says here you can tap the screen to navigate the menus but so far that hasn't worked for me...

    The DLC costumes are just wrong, but it's nice to have them since they're rare. They only came with the first print run of the game in Japan, and only come with the game here until April 17th.

    Edit: Finally know what the rear touchscreen is for in Totori, it was mentioned to have a function, but it sounded like it was for the world map? Anyway, if you tap the back screen around the middle Totori will react to it in one of several different ways.
    Oh i see that dungeon with the iron giant guy totori already had its own ver of that the tower thing if im not mistaken
    April 17th huh well but why make it a limited time though?
    oh i hate that rear screen if possible i'll disable its use if the option is given
    Last edited by Black_Dragon; 24-03-13 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Adding gif
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Just for the sake of keeping them rare, I suppose? Or maybe it's purely to encourage people to buy it, and buy it now...yeah, probably the latter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ATELIER RORONA ANNOUNCED FOR EUROPE
    By Insp. Chin in forum News & Updates
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-09-10, 08:05 PM
  2. Atelier Rorona pre order bonus
    By gaiking2003 in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-09-10, 11:03 AM
  3. Atelier Rorona- the first Atelier game for the PS3
    By entropy-cipher in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-10, 05:10 PM
  4. atelier games
    By gaiking2003 in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-10-09, 01:07 PM
  5. Atelier Annie DS
    By Leady FF ^^ in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-09, 04:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •