Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lu Bu

Default Lu Bu

hands down the baddest mother around!!!!!.....except i really didnt like the weapon change as much

I don't like Lu Bu...he is too overpowered. Okay,the good thing about this is that you have better chances on Chaos with him. But that's it. He is very strong as an enemy,nearly unbeatable...but as an ally,he sucks like every other officer,too. (ok,except Zhang Liao at He Fei or so)

I REALLY don't like what KOEI have done to Lu Bu's weapon in DW6. I ALWAYS played as Lu Bu in previous DW games, also, like Cao Cao said, yes, he is too overpowered!

I´d never liked Lu Bu very much but in the end he is the best one to fight on Chaos. And like the guys befor me said he is overpowered!!
    But i really must say one thing...

his hellebard looks cool

I prefer him and his form/music/moves in the older titles, DW2/3 and 4. Especially his killer first charge in DW3. I liked his appearance much in 4, and since then I've just grown a bit bored and uninterested in him to be honest. Though glad Koei did try and revive him in 6 with his new look, however it didn't pull off because of his lack of reach compared to his previous. As being the best and one of the top 5 should be his speciality by default. Still, his moves are very flashy and that's where the Renbu has its strength.

Nah, Nah, he's fine!
    And matches historic accuracy too!.....strength wise anyway
    but i think they did a good remake job tbh XD
    "There is still a 5% chance I suspect you of being.....
    So DON'T think your off the hook"
    Jacobar

FaN cLuBs:
    Deathnote Fan Club-Founder
    My Cosplay Devart profile. Please have a look

Well, Lu Bu was classified as the single most powerful warrior in all of China so obviously he wasn't intended to be a weak character.

I don't agree what they did to Lu Bu on WO and WO2. Lu Bu making more appearances especially on first stages (Wei-2 as an example) made him a 'regular' enemy and not the feared overpowered Lu Bu from DW Series. Tadakatsu on the other hand appears on very few stages, mostly on Dream Stages.

Sames as LDZ I prefer the classic-looking Lu Bu, he was clearly twice harder and stronger than any other general, DW4 and DW3 Lu Bu are my favorites, appearance I prefer the one on DW6, maybe with an Halberd other than the classic one would look better.

@Gabranth: I agree about him being in too many stages, it's kind of overdone and makes him feel less of a threat. In the older titles I replayed Hu Lao to mainly fight Lu Bu, I guess it gave him more purpose and made the event more special then it's considered today.

The only Lu Bu I liked was the DW3 as he didn't brag about his strength of anything and wasn't powered up he just went "your going to die scum" and then promptly beat the crap out of you even if you were pumped out you usually struggled.

The others attitudes I don't like at all they go to much into how strong he is and really he isn't even with low levels I don't have much problems with him and the only reason he's strong is because of those power ups he has whether being a commander, the red aura from DW6 or the musou rage from DW5 and they make anyone who has them strong not just him so take those away and he's rather easy to beat.

Actually playing him is alright though his KO quotes annoy me bar his DW3 one.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

That's a good point. His personality wasn't blown out like it's in DW5. It goes with my above post and him always bragging about his strength and how he's going to kill you, again.

Thread Information