Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Agarest: Generations of War Zero

So just asking, what improvements have been made to Zero? I played the first game, but only got to the second generation before I traded it in. I bought the first game because of my weakness to anime style visuals, story wasn't too bad either, I just don't do well in strategy RPG's so if I get it will probably only play easy my first play through which is something I hate doing. Mind you constantly swapping heroines sucked because I loved Fyuria and her special scene at the end of generation 1 was just so awesome. <3.
    Last edited by Emerald Emblem; 22-06-11 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
    So just asking, what improvements have been made to Zero? I played the first game, but only got to the second generation before I traded it in. I bought the first game because of my weakness to anime style visuals, story wasn't too bad either, I just don't do well in strategy RPG's so if I get it will probably only play easy my first play through which is something I hate doing. Mind you constantly swapping heroines sucked because I loved Fyuria and her special scene at the end of generation 1 was just so awesome. <3.
    Well as i haven't played it, i don't really know how much is different, but from what I've read it's only 2 generations long, and the system is apparently more or less about the same as the first game, though with some enhancements.

Seems like there won't be so damn many battles between every event though.

The fact it's only 2 generations can only benefit the story in my opinion. Like I mentioned before Fyuria was by far my fav of the heroines I came across and I felt like the time was over before it truly began, I can see it benefit the dating sim aspect as well, back to generation 1 (The only one I managed to complete) The other 2 heroines were added so late on in the generation that they had to resort to a mass dating sim question time all at once to speed it along. I read that the dating sim aspect has improved so all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
    The fact it's only 2 generations can only benefit the story in my opinion. Like I mentioned before Fyuria was by far my fav of the heroines I came across and I felt like the time was over before it truly began, I can see it benefit the dating sim aspect as well, back to generation 1 (The only one I managed to complete) The other 2 heroines were added so late on in the generation that they had to resort to a mass dating sim question time all at once to speed it along. I read that the dating sim aspect has improved so all the better.
    Yeah, the first game felt kinda strange when it came to the dating aspects, kinda rushed or something, so 2 generations definitely seem like a better choice when it comes to that.

I just hope there will be a tsundere in this one similar to Fyuria.

So I traded in 2 games I platinumed and bought the first game and Uncharted 2. The Link system for the Prequel has given me a renewed enthusiasm to see the game through to the end, continuing from where I got to first time I had the game, right near the beginning of Gen 2.

Well I've pre-ordered. I was going to go through Ghostlights website for the T-shirt but shopto have the collector's edition minus the t-shirt for £29.84 so I opted for that. I can live without the t-shirt.

Need to get back into Agarest GOW again. Everytime I finish a generation I have to take a break from it. Not because I find it boring but I think it's the lack of exploration that makes me lose interest. Anyway I'm up to the 4th Generation now. The 3rd Generation seemed a little short compared to the others.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

I restarted the game on hard, seems CG's can be missed if you don't play on Hard difficulty. So I'm going through the true route on this playthrough, characters who don't have the DLC stuff are really struggling, might have to grind when I unlock everything from the 1st generation.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/05...an-fanservice/

For those who want to know a bit more about the new game. Also thanks for the heads up silvertongue, I have the game pre-ordered from the Ghostlight store but I may consider cancelling and getting it from shopto instead. The t-shirt is nice but a tenner in my pocket is nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/05...an-fanservice/

Also thanks for the heads up silvertongue
    The t-shirt is nice but a tenner in my pocket is nicer.

You're welcome and I agree!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Thread Information