Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Agarest: Generations of War Zero

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    142

    Default

    So many unfinished games with sequels coming out... o____o I'm still on the first generation in the first game, there's so many battles between event scenes!

    That LE sure is nice though...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celedin View Post
    So many unfinished games with sequels coming out... o____o I'm still on the first generation in the first game, there's so many battles between event scenes!

    That LE sure is nice though...
    There are a lot of battles in between events. However I have to say I downloaded some of the DLC which has made it a bit too easy but kinda helps you breeze through those battles if they start to annoy you.

    Zalwis I would've much preferred an artbook instead of the T-shirt too but again as you said it is one of the better looking t-shirts that you normally get. Still would've preferred the artbook though. I'm a sucker for artbooks.

    ManaAlchemist I've sent them a couple of messages in the past via their website or even via a tweet and they always respond. Although they haven't yet about my question to ask if they're bringing Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP over to the UK.

    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    There are a lot of battles in between events. However I have to say I downloaded some of the DLC which has made it a bit too easy but kinda helps you breeze through those battles if they start to annoy you.
    Oh really? I downloaded the free DLC a while back but I haven't played it since. What does it do?

    I would have preferred an artbook for the LE as well. Give me a artbook and soundtrack and I'm happy XD

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    ManaAlchemist I've sent them a couple of messages in the past via their website or even via a tweet and they always respond. Although they haven't yet about my question to ask if they're bringing Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP over to the UK.
    Not keen on importing eh? ;p

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celedin View Post
    Oh really? I downloaded the free DLC a while back but I haven't played it since. What does it do?

    I would have preferred an artbook for the LE as well. Give me a artbook and soundtrack and I'm happy XD



    Not keen on importing eh? ;p
    DLC: There's weapons, Money, Party Points, basically makes your characters stronger. I honestly can't remember what I did and didn't download to be honest.

    Importing: If the game doesn't get a physical release in the UK then I'll more than happy import. Also it depends on what edition theydo too. If the U.S. get a Collector's Edition and UK doesn't then I'll go for the U.S. one.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Kind of reminds me of MagnaCarta 2. The game itself was enjoyable but the DLC basically gave you the best weapons in the entire game at the very start so there's zero challenge whatsoever throughout the game. I never understood the point of such DLC, to be honest.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    Kind of reminds me of MagnaCarta 2. The game itself was enjoyable but the DLC basically gave you the best weapons in the entire game at the very start so there's zero challenge whatsoever throughout the game. I never understood the point of such DLC, to be honest.
    Isn't it kinda like that in most games by Compile Heart/Idea Factory? If i remember right i think it was like that in Cross Edge, and Trinity Universe, but I've never gotten those DLC since I've seen it as pointless cheating.

    Though as i used up most of my party points from the first generation in Agarest on Leo (which was very stupid) i maybe should try to get some more through DLC, so that I can finish it before agarest zero. Though before that, the PSN store needs to come back.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    Kind of reminds me of MagnaCarta 2. The game itself was enjoyable but the DLC basically gave you the best weapons in the entire game at the very start so there's zero challenge whatsoever throughout the game. I never understood the point of such DLC, to be honest.

    I know this is off topic but how was Magna Carta 2? I loved the first one but since i don't have a 360 I can't play it. In fact the first one is actually one of my fave rpgs shockingly bad voice acting aside that is.


    ManaAlchemsit: I know what you're saying about cheating however I don't class it as cheating well not really (ok maybe to a point), it's not like you're sticking one of those awful cheating devices like Action Replay or Xploder in your machine and altering the codes. It's official DLC from the company and hell it makes those constant battles fly by much faster but again it does make the game too easy. With so many games to finish before another rpg release treat yourself to the dlc

    Well PSN store permitting that is!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    124

    Default

    It was surprisingly good actually. Story is cheesy at points but still good, characters actually show development and grow closer to each other, visuals are nice and while the combat system has a unique idea it does get a little stale after a while. I think I picked it up new for £20 ages ago and still put on a good amount of hours into the game so if you can pick it up for the same price of less then I'd certainly say go for it.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    It was surprisingly good actually. Story is cheesy at points but still good, characters actually show development and grow closer to each other, visuals are nice and while the combat system has a unique idea it does get a little stale after a while. I think I picked it up new for £20 ages ago and still put on a good amount of hours into the game so if you can pick it up for the same price of less then I'd certainly say go for it.

    That would be one of my main reasons to buy a 360 I think plus I'm sure there are plenty of other RPG's that I'd like on the 360.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Lost Odyssey is probably my favourite RPG from this gen. Tales of Vesperia is also a given. Star Ocean, Nier, Resonance of Fate and Eternal Sonata are available on PS3. I think that just leaves The Last Remnant that I can recall without having to get up and look at my stack of games. Though The Last Remnant is available on PC too and I'd recommend getting it there since you can't go 2 minutes without hitting extremely low frame rate/lag on the 360. Not sure if that's worth it for you, I never had the option of a PS3 Eternal Sonata and SO4 when I purchased my 360 so the choice was clear at the time, especially since I really wanted to play Tales of Vesperia.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Warriors war
    By Chaos92 in forum The Fun Area
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-13, 04:58 PM
  2. Agarest: Generations of War
    By Onislash in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-12, 10:21 PM
  3. Agarest Senki Zero for Europe
    By ManaAlchemist in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-10, 02:42 PM
  4. God of War III
    By zhaoyun456 in forum Non KOEI Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-10, 01:44 PM
  5. Gears Of War 2
    By Chaos Dragon in forum Non KOEI Games
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 14-10-09, 11:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •