Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Agarest: Generations of War Zero

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    Lost Odyssey is probably my favourite RPG from this gen. Tales of Vesperia is also a given. Star Ocean, Nier, Resonance of Fate and Eternal Sonata are available on PS3. I think that just leaves The Last Remnant that I can recall without having to get up and look at my stack of games. Though The Last Remnant is available on PC too and I'd recommend getting it there since you can't go 2 minutes without hitting extremely low frame rate/lag on the 360. Not sure if that's worth it for you, I never had the option of a PS3 Eternal Sonata and SO4 when I purchased my 360 so the choice was clear at the time, especially since I really wanted to play Tales of Vesperia.
    Nier PS3 - absolutely loved it.
    Eternal Sonata, Resonance Of Fate & Star Ocean PS3 - I've played a little of each and I mean a little as there's always been something else to play that I've got stuck into.
    Last Remnant I always thought it was going to get a PS3 release but it never happened so it would have to be 360 if and when I get one.
    The only game I've played on my pc is Dynasty Warriors Online but I just can't get into games on my pc. No idea why but I just can't.
    Lost Odyssey as always intrigued me and so as Tales Of Vesperia, although after playing Tales Of Legendia PS2 it kinda made me wary off playing another Tales game as it just seemed to go on and on and on. Saying that though Eternal Sonata reminds me of a Tales game.

    I'm guessing Agarest Zero is getting a 360 release.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    ManaAlchemsit: I know what you're saying about cheating however I don't class it as cheating well not really (ok maybe to a point), it's not like you're sticking one of those awful cheating devices like Action Replay or Xploder in your machine and altering the codes. It's official DLC from the company and hell it makes those constant battles fly by much faster but again it does make the game too easy. With so many games to finish before another rpg release treat yourself to the dlc

    Well PSN store permitting that is!
    Well i guess you have a point, but still, it feels somewhat wrong to not at least complete it once without having to resort to download extra items and such. But for Agarest I'll probably make an exception when the psn store is back, and when I'm done with Ar Tonelico Qoga.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    Lost Odyssey is probably my favourite RPG from this gen. Tales of Vesperia is also a given. Star Ocean, Nier, Resonance of Fate and Eternal Sonata are available on PS3. I think that just leaves The Last Remnant that I can recall without having to get up and look at my stack of games. Though The Last Remnant is available on PC too and I'd recommend getting it there since you can't go 2 minutes without hitting extremely low frame rate/lag on the 360. Not sure if that's worth it for you, I never had the option of a PS3 Eternal Sonata and SO4 when I purchased my 360 so the choice was clear at the time, especially since I really wanted to play Tales of Vesperia.
    Well there's also Infinite Undiscovery and Blue Dragon for Xbox 360, but i didn't really find them that good. In IU the story wasn't really pulling me in, and at someplace i just couldn't find the way to proceed, so I've been stuck there ever since. Blue Dragon was okay, but not really very exiting either. Only reason i completed it was that I more or less only had that and Eternal Sonata for the 360 then, and I had already done everything in ES, and completed it several times.

    But for 360, the most interesting games according to me have been Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata and Magna Carta 2, though I don't know if I'd say that it would be worth getting a 360 for them.

    Back when I got my 360, I only got it for ES, and I thought it was worth it since i really liked it, but now that it's available for PS3 too, I don't know if i can say that anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    Nier PS3 - absolutely loved it.
    Eternal Sonata, Resonance Of Fate & Star Ocean PS3 - I've played a little of each and I mean a little as there's always been something else to play that I've got stuck into.
    Last Remnant I always thought it was going to get a PS3 release but it never happened so it would have to be 360 if and when I get one.
    The only game I've played on my pc is Dynasty Warriors Online but I just can't get into games on my pc. No idea why but I just can't.
    Lost Odyssey as always intrigued me and so as Tales Of Vesperia, although after playing Tales Of Legendia PS2 it kinda made me wary off playing another Tales game as it just seemed to go on and on and on. Saying that though Eternal Sonata reminds me of a Tales game.
    Well Tales of Vesperia is awesome, but from what i played in Legendia, I'd say they're pretty different, though Vesperia is definitely somewhat long.

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    I'm guessing Agarest Zero is getting a 360 release.
    Only in the US though. Here in europe it'll be exclusive for PS3.
    Last edited by ManaAlchemist; 29-05-11 at 06:30 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I know what you guys mean about the DLC 'cheating' - I downloaded all the Cross Edge DLC before I played it and now I've got all these weapons and such. I guess that'll mean it'll be a quicker playthrough to get to the sequel though. Always good to see some love to Nier too ; )

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    I'm guessing Agarest Zero is getting a 360 release.
    Like ManaAlchemist said, it's only on PS3 in Europe. Ghostlight isn't a 360 publisher (yet) so they can't release that version here.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    Well there's also Infinite Undiscovery
    Heh, despite the fact that I'm an avid RPG gamer who puts god knows how many hours into each game I think Infinite Undiscovery was possibly the only game I've played that I stopped playing after about an hour of gameplay. I just didn't find it appealing at all.. I'll have to play it again some time since I last attempted to play it around 2 years ago, I think.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Just got a reply from Ghostlight through twitter, and this is what they said about the picture at the bottom of the Limited Edition:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight
    @ManaAlchemist Good spot! Actually it is the reverse side of the inlay. We liked the pic and wanted to include it somewhere in the packaging

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    From my experience with Ghostlight they're pretty much like Koei in the way that they respond to fans. Good guys!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    From my experience with Ghostlight they're pretty much like Koei in the way that they respond to fans. Good guys!
    Yup! Distributors like them are definitely the best. And we were definitely lucky that Ghostlight listened to the fans back when the first Agarest was coming out, since they changed the cover with the bad 3D render of Leo, to the cover with many characters.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    Yup! Distributors like them are definitely the best. And we were definitely lucky that Ghostlight listened to the fans back when the first Agarest was coming out, since they changed the cover with the bad 3D render of Leo, to the cover with many characters.
    That cover is awful! It made it look like a cheap beat em up! So glad they changed it. Power to the fans!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Yeah, I'm glad they changed the cover art too but I think there can be a danger from listening to the fans too much if they get end up getting greedy ;p.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    124

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Warriors war
    By Chaos92 in forum The Fun Area
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-13, 04:58 PM
  2. Agarest: Generations of War
    By Onislash in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-12, 10:21 PM
  3. Agarest Senki Zero for Europe
    By ManaAlchemist in forum Other RPG Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-10, 02:42 PM
  4. God of War III
    By zhaoyun456 in forum Non KOEI Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-10, 01:44 PM
  5. Gears Of War 2
    By Chaos Dragon in forum Non KOEI Games
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 14-10-09, 11:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •