Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: put dynasty warriors on steam

Exclamation put dynasty warriors on steam

please talk to valve into geting your dynasty warriors 6 onto steam it is a online gaming store anyone who can't find your game at a real store or even ebay can get your game to download digitaly on steam
    millions of people use steam so you will be making a lot of money geting your game into steam

http://store.steampowered.com/

the valve company owns steam talk to them

http://www.valvesoftware.com/

and btw why does this site have same or simlar stuff as steam forums..? it looks identical apart from steam is black or grey and this is white

haha, im not sure why we have a similar colour scheme to steam. We would like to get our PC games on Steam oneday.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    haha, im not sure why we have a similar colour scheme to steam. We would like to get our PC games on Steam oneday.
    I already emailed your email for dynasty warriors team about it and posted on suggestions/ideas forum about it on steam

Those are only publisher catalogues. They sell games from many many more companies including lots of indie developers. Not really sure why you wouldn't want to put your stuff on Steam, it's pretty much the best and most popular digital distributor running these days.

i told both steam suggestions/idea forum emailed the makers of dynasty warriors 6 and posted here on forums

! it will soon come in to existance! because i said so

One problem I have noticed with steam is the atrocious markup they put onto some titles. Also the way they port prices over for the euro is a joke. An example being a game costs $29.99, so they port it into €29.99.

I like steam and use it alot, but have noticed that its not the best for getting cheaper games on launch. Also I assume steam would want some sort of fee for hosting the content on their servers and ask for further amounts to setup a forum on their own server group. Still though if some Koei titles turn up there one day I will give it a look if the price is good

Their whole 1 dollar = 1 euro thing is pretty stupid, I'll admit, but it works both ways. There's games in the EU that are a lot cheaper then there's games in the US that are a lot cheaper etc. so it all works out in the end. And for launch titles I find Steam to be fine 95% of the time, they usually come with 10-20% off games if you pre-order and if you miss that then you can just wait a few months and grab the game in one of their awesome deals (daily, weekend, massive sales during summer/Christmas etc.) you'd end up saving a whole lot of money. The only thing you aren't getting is a physical product but I'd much rather have all of my games in one place anyway so it works for me.

And I highly doubt Steam take fees like Microsoft do or else you wouldn't see as many indie games as you do on Steam. This is also why they can't reduce the R.R.P. on games - they're set by the distributors that put their product on Steam which is why they can't simply reduce it whenever they want, at least not without going through a whole lot of hassle first. This is why there's so many sales to compensate for not being able to permanently change the prices, or so I recall reading on the Steam forums on the thread dedicated to this subject.

Yeah steam is great for its deals at random times of the year and the midweek madness and the such. The indie developers get a free pass until a certain number of sales apparently, then steam takes a 2.5% cut of all sales past a the magic number. Big developers and publishers though pay a flat fee to have the content hosted.

But Steam is by far the best digital platform for sales of any PC title easily better than GFWL which is tragically awful, and D2D is hit and miss with customer service and the prices don't add up there. Still though a few koei titles wouldn't go amiss on steam considering the huge number of accounts, they are missing a trick not getting some of their games on there.

I hate games on the PC and I'd much rather play them on my xbox or ps3 but it would make a great addition to steam (not just dynasty warriors 6 but all if not most of the PC games published by koei) and I'm sure someone out there might want to buy them but the thing is because we don't have much online capabilitys on most of our games a lot of people are going to want to torrent it illegally rather than just buying it like a normal person would =/

Thread Information