Thread: Ninja Gaiden 2 Plus [No Japanese Audio!]

Thumbs down Ninja Gaiden 2 Plus [No Japanese Audio!]

Why Team Ninja, why did you have to do this to me...
    The english Dub is horrible, why not include the original audio instead!

Someone please tell me they can do a patch to fix this issue,
    playing this with english voice just turned me off from playing it properly...

I just heard about Momiji english voice
    and im crying now about my money being spent on it >.<

Stop dubing every game! dam game industry!
    do like Corpse Party! leave original voice there!
    its too painful i paid something to have to play in low volume, as it bleeds my ears!

I dunno if this is the case, as I have no idea how much space there is on a Vita cartridge, though they don't seem to be that big and if there's only space enough for one voice set in NG games, they probably went with english just because of Sony America. They have this stupid rule about games needing a english dub to get a physical release. Or at least that's what I've heard, so I'm guessing it's their fault in this case.

Hell, even Ninja Gaiden DS had japanese sounds (dunno if there's any talking in it, but the grunting and stuff is by the japanese voice actors at least), and several previous games (on non-sony consoles) have had the japanese voices while there was no english voices. So I believe TK understands that most NG/DOA fans prefer the original voices, and if there is any reason at all why it only has english voices, it's probably because of space limitations and Sony America requiring english voices sadly.

Corpse Party was a digital only release because they didn't dub it, but that's still better than using a bad dub like with the NG Sigma + games.
    But if you really want the game with the japanese voices you could import the asian version (and i don't mean the japanese version, but just the asian version) as it's in english with the japanese voices.

Tecmo Koei staff doesn't seem to be that common here though, so you should probably try to request japanese voices on their twitter or facebook accounts as it should have more effect there than here, though sadly I'm guessing there won't ever be japanese voices for the Vita NGS+ games.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    I dunno if this is the case, as I have no idea how much space there is on a Vita cartridge, though they don't seem to be that big and if there's only space enough for one voice set in NG games, they probably went with english just because of Sony America. They have this stupid rule about games needing a english dub to get a physical release. Or at least that's what I've heard, so I'm guessing it's their fault in this case.

Hell, even Ninja Gaiden DS had japanese sounds (dunno if there's any talking in it, but the grunting and stuff is by the japanese voice actors at least), and several previous games (on non-sony consoles) have had the japanese voices while there was no english voices. So I believe TK understands that most NG/DOA fans prefer the original voices, and if there is any reason at all why it only has english voices, it's probably because of space limitations and Sony America requiring english voices sadly.

Corpse Party was a digital only release because they didn't dub it, but that's still better than using a bad dub like with the NG Sigma + games.
    But if you really want the game with the japanese voices you could import the asian version (and i don't mean the japanese version, but just the asian version) as it's in english with the japanese voices.

Tecmo Koei staff doesn't seem to be that common here though, so you should probably try to request japanese voices on their twitter or facebook accounts as it should have more effect there than here, though sadly I'm guessing there won't ever be japanese voices for the Vita NGS+ games.
    Xseed is a small company so obvious with psp at end it went digital,
    but believe me they wouldnt dare Dub that game cause the voice actors are too much famous for them to Dub the game lol...
    (without mention the costs to Dub that, would be far more expensive than include original one)

Eitheir way gess im stuck since i pre ordered here in europe, anything imported outside stays in Portugal customs anyways... so screw those dumb***s
    unless my friend in Japan sent me from there, cant buy anything outside Portugal trough online stores, specialy United Kingdom or China.
    Hopefuly ears just wont bleed as some say from Momiji voice...

Quote Originally Posted by Otase View Post
    Xseed is a small company so obvious with psp at end it went digital,
    but believe me they wouldnt dare Dub that game cause the voice actors are too much famous for them to Dub the game lol...
    (without mention the costs to Dub that, would be far more expensive than include original one)
    Actually, sometimes it actually costs the publishers more money to include the original voices, than to dub it. It all depends on the licensing fee's. But in a case like this were it's TK who release the game both in and outside of japan, it shouldn't be any problems with money as they own the sound anyways. And "famous" actors sadly doesn't matter to most publishers, in fact they probably only make it more expensive to keep the original voices. And just look at how some of the more "famous" voice actors in Corpse Party have appeared in the "Tales of" games, but they still have only been dubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Otase View Post
    Eitheir way gess im stuck since i pre ordered here in europe, anything imported outside stays in Portugal customs anyways... so screw those dumb***s
    unless my friend in Japan sent me from there, cant buy anything outside Portugal trough online stores, specialy United Kingdom or China.
    Hopefuly ears just wont bleed as some say from Momiji voice...
    Wow, that really sucks. :S But yeah, I can only agree that it's really retarded to only release NGS+ games with a dub. And if Sony really is the problem, they just should have released it as a digital only game, because it would make the game so much more enjoyable. :/

already went to their twiter today + facebook, lets see if they ever even going to respond lol...
    actualy will keep reminding them each week lol...
    Last edited by Otase; 02-03-13 at 05:18 PM.

Thread Information