Thread: ATELIER AYESHA: THE ALCHEMIST OF DUSK OUT NOW

Default ATELIER AYESHA: THE ALCHEMIST OF DUSK OUT NOW

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk is available now in stores. For more information about Atelier Ayesha, please visit our community page on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ateliergames
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa.jpg 
Views:	35313 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	1804  

So i discover there no japanese voice in the european version of atelier ayesha, I'll NEVER BUY a game from TECMO KOEI again.
    English voice are AWFULL, and the game lose ALL interest let NIS edit game from europe, they make better work than tecmo koei.

the English voice distorts the game, I'm REALLY REALLY angry again this.

the only good licence game on ps3 become to be bad because some editor make bad job. i regret i'm not import the game from us.

this is the ONLY atelier game without japanse voice. only NIS understand they fan (please NIS teach them what is a good JAPANESE RPG localisation)

and more, the trophee are still in japanese and some english voice are missing.

french forum seem dead too
    Last edited by keiku; 09-03-13 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keiku View Post
    So i discover there no japanese voice in the european version of atelier ayesha, I'll NEVER BUY a game from TECMO KOEI again.
    English voice are AWFULL, and the game lose ALL interest let NIS edit game from europe, they make better work than tecmo koei.

the English voice distorts the game, I'm REALLY REALLY angry again this.

the only good licence game on ps3 become to be bad because some editor make bad job. i regret i'm not import the game from us.

this is the ONLY atelier game without japanse voice. only NIS understand they fan (please NIS teach them what is a good JAPANESE RPG localisation)

and more, the trophee are still in japanese and some english voice are missing.

french forum seem dead too
    First of all, I don't like it either that there's no japanese voices. But why are you blaming Tecmo Koei? If you want to blame someone blame the developer GUST, they are the ones who decided that there would be no dual audio. Secondly NIS America are the ones who's done most of the work on this title, like dubbing, so they are to blame if you find the english voices bad.

Also, Tecmo Koei has forwarded lots of requests for the japanese voices to GUST, so in the future, they might be added as DLC. And most likely, there'll be dual audio in future titles to not **** of so many people again by not including it. So don't go around saying "only NIS understand their fans", when they are the ones who's done the localization of this game, which you find so terrible. Tecmo Koei has pretty much just handled the distribution.

I don't have the game yet, so I don't know what's the deal with trophies, but NIS America are probably the ones who missed translating them, and yes, NIS America only did a partial dub for the game, so that's why it's missing some voice acting.

So really, I recommend that you don't go blaming companies, when it in fact isn't their fault.

Also all the forums here are kinda dead, so it's not only the french parts.

why i blame tecmo koei simply because in north america NIS are localised the game (with japanese voice)
    tecmo koei who localise the game in europe don't keep the japanese voice.
    it's not GUST but TC who decide to remove japanse voice.

if TC let NIS localise the game for europe we have japanese voice too.
    GUST was buying by tecmo koei.
    Gust is now tecmo koei.
    they have japanse voice but don't inclued them in the game when it release the game for europe. NIS for the US game keep japanese voice(i suppose thay don't have contract for the european loclisation from TC)

in forum of nis they said to me he they do nothing for the localisation of european version.

You seem to be wrongly informed, as the US version lacks the Japanese voices as well. The two versions are identical.

why i blame tecmo koei simply because in north america NIS are localised the game (with japanese voice)
    tecmo koei who localise the game in europe don't keep the japanese voice.
    it's not GUST but TC who decide to remove japanse voice.

if TC let NIS localise the game for europe we have japanese voice too.
    GUST was buying by tecmo koei.
    Gust is now tecmo koei.
    they have japanse voice but don't inclued them in the game when it release the game for europe. NIS for the US game keep japanese voice(i suppose thay don't have contract for the european loclisation from TC)

in forum of nis they said to me he they do nothing for the localisation of european version.
    Just so you know, the european version of the game is exactly the same as the american. None got the japanese voices.

What was said on the NISA forums by the user "Ringwraith" was the following:
    "Also, NISA has no input other than doing the localisation work, the publishing and therefore the decision about having Japanese voices or not is TK's responsibility."

Which means, NISA did the localization (translating, dubbing, editing and all that), while Tecmo Koei America published/distributed the game in America. And Tecmo Koei Europe published/distributed the game in Europe. He/she didn't say that NISA hasn't done anything for the localization.

Also Tecmo Koei America and Tecmo Koei Europe are not the as Tecmo Koei Japan. Sure they are branches of TK Japan, but still far from the same. And yes, Tecmo Koei Japan bought GUST, but that doesn't mean it was their decision to skip the japanese voices. GUST still exists as a developer with most of their staff intact (as far as I know at least), and even if they now are owned by TK, still have the rights to decide certain things. So it's still very likely that they are the ones who decided to not include more than one audio track in the game for the international release, rather than Tecmo Koei. At least that's how I've understood this case from reading what TKE employees have said.

But yes, it could also be TK who decided it, but it's very unlikely when you look at how almost all games they've release outside of japan has had japanese voices, and some of the few that did not have japanese voices, like Dynasty Warriors 7, have later gotten it as DLC.

One reason GUST/TK might have decided to not include the voices though might be because of the costs they have to pay to include them, or it might be that they just didn't develop the game in a way where it was possible to include 2 audio tracks (though this I believe to be very unlikely).

But yes, it seems this was localized badly, but not just because of TK. Pretty much I'd say that if you want to blame someone, blame TK Japan, GUST and NIS America together for messing up the release in different ways. But don't blame Tecmo Koei Europe at least, as pretty much all they've done as far as I know is market and distribute the game in Europe.

ok i understand, can you send me a link for a japanese forum of tecmo koei ?
    if you can do nothing because it's not your fault ,i would leave a message on their japanese forum.

ok i understand, can you send me a link for a japanese forum of tecmo koei ?
    if you can do nothing because it's not your fault ,i would leave a message on their japanese forum.
    Sorry, all I know is that this is Tecmo Koei's japanese site:
    http://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/

I have no idea if they even have any forum, but it should be there somewhere if it exists.

blahblahblah

half a year went by and there's still no original voice track patch.

my copy of the crippled game still is unplayed and I consider my money and time wasted.

a mail has been sent to close my account and erase this message.
    Last edited by steencr4ckd; 07-08-13 at 11:52 AM. Reason: . . .

Thread Information