Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Koei games for a newbie

Dynasty Warriors 6/5 is good for newbie in my opinion but not good for those existed hardcore DW fans (especially for DW6). It's because DW6/5 has a good story telling and easy combat system, once you get to know more about this Three Kingdoms story, you can move on to SW2 which has a little bit more complicated system like stages with castle, 2nd floor, and some special attacks.

Then when you played both of those games and know briefly the story, the stages, get used to the map, special attack, running up to the castle in many floor, then you can move on to Warriors Orochi as it's a cross-over and have those things you learned.

DW5/6 - story and learn the basic system + story telling + decide whether you like it or not
    SW2 - more special attacks + stages + castle + story telling
    WO - Everything and what you need to learn is the Weapon Fusion, Weapon Upgrade + VS game play

So if you start everything in WO you might get confused and found it a lot complicated then simply just gave up the game like Jsun lol! That's just my opinion ^^"

First thing to learn in Warriors games: Sweeping the floor, clearing all the dirts out and be the hero. (Courtesy of Leady FF ^^)

exactly and DWG2 is the ultimate 'tidy-up your room now Chin!!' game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    I need to show you something in the office tomorrow! (not DWG2) but it's the game which you can have 50 KOs in 1 second for a super dash

DW Gundam is more for Gundam fans or fans from DW/SW who want to test it out. I don't think many would randomly pick it up.

To the topic creator, unless you love robots you won't like this, but perhaps only by loving the DW/SW series. And if you want to start with the Gundam series, number 2 is a huge improvement! So get that!

Anyway, I still think either DW6/SW2 is the best place to start. Warriors Orochi will throw you straight into the deep end and you'll get bored after a while without any fanbased power in you.

Yeah, no Gundam for me plz... I don't watch anime and I have this policy not to play anime games since I don't know what the hell they're about.

I'm going with DW6 'cause it's on the PS3 and 'cause you people said it would be a reasonably good place to start from.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

I strongly recommend Kessen II if you can get hold of it, it's a strategy three kingdom related game and by far the most unique.

I don't think Kessen II would tickle my fancy... .(
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

I need to show you something in the office tomorrow! (not DWG2) but it's the game which you can have 50 KOs in 1 second for a super dash
    OK awesome. I hope the snow will clear then so that I can see this!

Destrega and nothing else...

Just start with DW2 and play the first level and He Fei castle. Then play DW3 for a bit and skip to DW4: Empires or DW5: Empires. Avoid WO series like the plague. It's for fan girls.....and fan girls. Warriors Orochi is like a yaoi fan girl's dream come true.

I think the person who decided to make the WO series must have been dreaming about having a threesome or something with Zhao Yun, Yukimura Sanada, and some snake dude. It would explain the weird character system.

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    WTF especially if you pick Master asia? LOL
    no I adviced SW2 because it's fresh and also easy to play or DW6 because you have nothing to regret, you don't know the older version!
    Last edited by Gischie; 03-02-09 at 06:34 PM.
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Thread Information