Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4

Default Persona 4

This will be the last must buy game for the PS2.
    And I know a lot of people are with me on this.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

If it had a later release date it would have been the last must buy game for me, but since its release is before Mana Khemia, it's the second last must buy game for me (unless Mana Khemia 2 or Ar Tonelico 2 comes of course).

It'll be great to finally play it in march though.

I have no idea what this Mana Khemia is about... Maybe I should check it out... ... ... Okay, I'll pass on that. BUT if Dokapon Kingdom gets an European release, then P4 is the second last must buy PS2 game for me!

Still.
    Persona 3 was one of the best PS2 RPGs and knowing how Atlus doesn't like to change something that has proved to be good, I'm pretty sure P4 will be AT LEAST the second best PS2 RPG evar.

I ordered the US version and had the artbook for free <3
    I haven't play a lot though, but there is one thing that's great (and even greatest than great) : you can now control all your party ! In P3, I used to be desesperate in some battles because of my allies (but WHY Mitsuru lauches marin-karin instead of bufu when she can kill the monster !!! >.< ).
    But I think that the dungeons in P4 (at least the first) are too tight, there are only corridors.

I have to get back to that AI-business in Persona 3... I found the AI - for the majority of time - quite good. Sure it sometimes made some of my teammates do something that I probably personally wouldn't have done, but it's not like anything ever went drastically wrong.
    I think it's sometimes good to have AI controlled teammates in RPGs (if the AI is good, that is). It can be refreshing. I'm old and I'm tired and RPGs can be a lot of work, you know... So it's nice to have granny-friendly RPGs where the computer does some of the work for me.

yeah, the AI is not that bad, but, let's take an exemple (Mitsuru again). She casts bufu three times instead of casting directly mabufu. She loses MPs and increases the chance of missing. Or, when you haven't identify a monster but you know it has immunity against fire, your character doesn't mind and will cast agi... Or, when your character can kill the ennemy, but choses to cast a buff spell, and right after, the ennemy destroy your party... Like said in an anime : "I'm in despair !"

Persona 4 is amazingly good. Definitely buy it when you get the chance. They took everything that made Persona 3 good, then made it better.

I could rant and rant over and over about this game, but I think I'll hold back. I love it to bits. I started my second playthrough yesterday (I've had it beaten for a while)

I'm so glad I can control the party. P3 made me cry at the AI.
    1. Someone's love of Marin Karin.

2. The final battle of the Journey. I could set everyone to use healing (especially if we needed some) when the boss' moonlit gown or whatever was up. Yet everyone would just go up and attack him (except Aigis).

3. The Answer. I stopped using Yukari unless I absolutely had to. Ken seemed less stupid . I could have Yukari set to healing, she could have full SP, and everyone could be dying, and all I'd get out of it was "[WAIT] Jeez, there's nothing I can do!". Someone pointed out to me that it seemed like she only ever healed status effects if she was suffering from them.

......I ranted about P3 instead. Agh... Anyway, The AI for P4 is a lot better, but I just like controlling my party.

Although, the one thing that P4 was not an improvement in every way over P3 (FES version) was costumes. WHERE WERE MY COSTUMES!?

Plus..

tarukaja + power charge + God's hand = Death. I love you Chie.
    Though Mind Charge + Megidolan was quite nice too.

Also Outi- I loved Mana Khemia. But I'm also a GUST maniac, so I might not be the best source. I'd recommend it, but that's just me.

GUST? Hooba jooba wha?

GUST are the ones who made the Mana Khemia, Atelier Iris and Ar Tonelico games. And I'm also a GUST maniac, though lately because I've been trying Atlus games like P3 I've also started to become somewhat of an Atlus maniac, and from what everyone says about P4, it'll probably make me more of an Atlus maniac.

Thread Information