Thread: Spammers are everywhere.

Default Spammers are everywhere.

There's no escaping them, ther'es 90% spammers on this forum and 10% us

I think I've taken care of most spam at the moment, but if you find any more you can PM me about it, and I'll take care of it. Sadly we'll probably never be completely rid of the bots though.

WHy doesnt the thing at the botttom block their posts ? why cant it block their sign ups

I think it's just the internet will be never rid of them

Quote Originally Posted by Korin View Post
    WHy doesnt the thing at the botttom block their posts ? why cant it block their sign ups
    Dunno, but I think it was installed after silvertounge and I cleaned up the gigantic mass of spam that had covered most of the forums, so one think it should be able to do something as they put it in at least.
    But at least the spambots don't spam this forum as often as they used to (they used to post several pages of spam in a matter of hours before), so that's enough for me at least.

I got spam PMs in my inbox like 4-5 of them, how bad was the spam on the forums? I wasn't here most of the time I was signed up.

But you got most of the spammers 'banned' and they keep returning even tho they are banned, but some sign up everyday but the new feature blocks most of the spam posts cause I don't see any spam posts anymore, was it really that bad?

Anyways , nowadays it's a giant circlejerk on these forums between the members who are left.

Quote Originally Posted by Korin View Post
    But you got most of the spammers 'banned' and they keep returning even tho they are banned, but some sign up everyday but the new feature blocks most of the spam posts cause I don't see any spam posts anymore, was it really that bad?
    The spam was actually horrendous, the amount of spam we had to delete and people we had to ban was high, very high and took an age to get rid of. It's nowhere near as bad as it was but some still does escape us. Best thing to do if you see any spam is to dm it to us.

All help is appreciated
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

what do you mean 'DM it to us' ?

But there's always bots on the forums, but hardly any spam posts anyways.

Thread Information