Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interested in buying a KOEI game? Look here for views and help!

Default Interested in buying a KOEI game? Look here for views and help!

Basically here you can write your views on games from KOEI that might catch the eyes of a viewer who'll be interested. You can do it via a in-depth or just a bullet-point comment pointing out strengths, and even downfalls if you will.

Warriors Orochi series
    - Massive cast of combined DW & SW characters plus newcomers exclusive to the series.
    - Advanced combat system and levelling.
    - Made-up scenarios for fans wanting something different than what happened in China and Japan. Pure fanservice, really.

Dynasty Warriors 6
    - Great music tracks.
    - Kung-fu actions make the game move very fluid and faster paced than normal. It's very flashy.
    - More of a fictional outcome compared to DW5.
    - More in-depth background on each Musou Mode character, thanks to the movies.

There, I hope this'll give you guys a start of what I mean.

Ok Kessen 2

Bad Points
    Story is not the three kingdoms. Yes you have then same Characters in that they have roughly the same name and some don’t eg Sun Quan’s sister is called Sun Li.

Its a strategic based game in that have you have think ahead of the enemy and its not a 2 player game.

So if you want to know about the three kingdom period. This game is about a accurate as a man with a shotgun aiming a bird that 5000 miles away, and the bird is really small and cute, and the man is really nice and doesn't like killing things.

Good Points
    The story is very well done you can either Liu Bei or Cao Cao. You get points which allow you to use different attacks and stuff. The more you use that character. Some have magic which are awesome. I mean throwing rocks or big blocks of ice, on your enemy is pretty sweet. Magic moves include Lightening, Fireball, Gale, Meter Shower Ice Storm and Hail and they never get old. Plus they get stronger each time you use them.

The game sometimes splits into three giving you a choice. Each one is about a different character and/or event. So you can play as many times as you like and it never gets old. Oh and once you finish the game the first time there is a special level and ending that you didn’t see the first. Play this game twice as each side.

Controls are good as are graphics and music. This game is very good and can be forgiven for everything that's bad. Which is good because I like this game.
    Last edited by little_zhurong; 07-07-09 at 08:11 PM.

Alright let's see...

Kessen III
    - set in Sengoku era
    - let you play as the Oda Clan
    - has a great story with eye candy cut scenes
    - fun and deep gameplay
    - can customise your characters' outfits

Through years of playing many Koei's games, Kessen III is the best game Koei ever made IMO!
    <a href=http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb154/Khmer4life_proud2b/a0f9mv.jpg target=_blank>http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...d2b/a0f9mv.jpg</a>

Thumbs up

Can someone give me a reason to get Fist of the Northern Star and Troy?
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Dragon View Post
    The best part which Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage has in particular is the incredible moves. And what I found more interesting about the moves was that you were still unlocking them right until the character is maximized (through a levelling grid where you spend points on upgrades like Final Fantasy X's sphere grid). So there's the feeling of accomplishing and being rewarded which is vital to a video game.

Although if you're not a fan of the story because you have no clue (I'm guessing you don't) and that the pace is slower than your average DW, the techniques and styles were definitely worth witnessing.

Check out BlackKite's review here on KW: http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/hm-review.php

As for Warriors: Legends of Troy, both this and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll are upcoming and like Fist of the North Star has done, they share the same trait as being fresh franchises. So if you like your Dynasty Warriors, but want a bit of gore and mythical feel, these two newcomers will give you that. Be sure to check around looking at videos on YouTube and reading reviews soon if you're unsure.

Warriors: Legends of Troy has itself improved a lot over the stages of development as reported and is by KOEI Canada.

It depends on your tastes really. If you like Koei games and old school side scrolling beat them ups I think Ken is one of the only ones available on a PS3. The moves in the game are awesome and must be tried to be believed. However if you watched the game's trailer and wasn't interested I doubt you'll enjoy the game. For me Ken is not as good as DW/SW games but still good fun, fresh and different. All I can say is that I would love a sequel.

I haven't played Troy yet but from what I've heard it’s similar to DW/SW series but set in a European setting and looks more violent. My only gripe so far is that there doesn't seem to be many playable characters. But this is coming from a WO fan who likes a large roster.

My fanboyism over FOTNS:
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/...highlight=fist
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

My all time favorite game has to be Warriors Orochi 2.

It's got all the characters from DW and SW seriers plus some additional ones made for WO.

The select any three characters for any level is also massive fun.

2 player local co-op is wicked.

Levelling all characters to the max and getting their 4th weapons will take ages to do.

The only bad thing is that there is no WO3 for the "next gen" consoles. Shame.

I'd wish KOEI would make more PC games cuz 5 isn't enough to entertain PC gamer like myself.

Hey,

Could you give some advise? I totally loved Dynasty Warriors 3 but haven't played a DW game ever since. Now I want to play one again on the Ps3 and I don't know if I should get DW7 or DW7: Extreme Legends. They are similarly priced (28 euro) so I just need to know which one would be the better game. Normally I'd say Extreme Legends because it is the newest one, but I read in a review the following thing:

''Trophy issues aside, Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends does a great job at expanding the original title with a couple of extra modes, multiplayer support, new characters, new weapons and a few other things. The game can be played standalone, but I wouldn’t reccommend it, as without the main Story Mode the game feels incomplete – and if you haven’t already got Dynasty Warriors 7 I’d suggest you get that instead. The newly added features bring a bit of fresh life into the game for fans of the original, but the standalone game wouldn’t make a good starting point for new players. Essentially, if you enjoyed Dynasty Warriors 7, I’d reccommend this. If you haven’t played the original, I wouldn’t go for this first.''

Since I love the DW storyline I wouldn't want to miss that...

Which one should I get?

Thread Information