Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 3

Dynasty Warriors 3 was my first ever game. I completed everyones Musou mode except Huang Gai's (who I just never got round to doing).
    Guan Du was my first ever battle, which I played as Zhang He. I spent so much time playing this game.

DW6 is the best ever! althought my game will lag dunno y... but the latest graphics... man they are super awesome! I like Lu Xun best! he's so cute! The songs rev up my spirit to join the battle... I seldom play games like this ( okay mayb this is the only war type game that I play) I keep failing to kill Lu Bu and my brother always has to help me slay him. Any tricks to kill Lu Bu? I haven even passed Easy level yet.... I'm such a noob.... care to give me some tips? and also where to download the songs?? please....

Quote Originally Posted by wuluxun View Post
    DW6 is the best ever! althought my game will lag dunno y... but the latest graphics... man they are super awesome! I like Lu Xun best! he's so cute! The songs rev up my spirit to join the battle... I seldom play games like this ( okay mayb this is the only war type game that I play) I keep failing to kill Lu Bu and my brother always has to help me slay him. Any tricks to kill Lu Bu? I haven even passed Easy level yet.... I'm such a noob.... care to give me some tips? and also where to download the songs?? please....
    Welcome to the forum.

The best and most easiest way to beat Lu Bu is the old trick. Get down to red health and run around waiting for your musou to fill automatically. Use it, then run around waiting again. Rinse and repeat. It might be boring, but it's a great method when first starting out in the game.

You can get the songs from KOEI Warriors ( http://www.koeiwarriors.co.uk ) Though you have to be a member to access.

Dynasty Warriors 3 was sooo fun! My brothers and I almost got everyone's last weapons, we only needed Zhu Rong's and someone elses D=.

I loved Jiang Wei in that game, and Da Qiao looked sooo cute! It was also funny in the Nanman campaign when Da Qiao was Xiao Qiao's liutentent, when it should really be the other way round, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    I had no idea that Nu Wa was in it! I honestly thought WO2 was the first time she had appeared. The same with Fu Xi!
    Xing Cai is the old Nu Wa from DW3 (at least in 5 she was), Fu Xi on the other hand never had anyone take his stead and Personally i think Fu Xi looked best in DW3 but Nu Wa looks best in Wo2

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sun View Post
    I rather earn my weapons then find them in crates.
    you gotta earn those crates dontcha?

personally i disagree with you but i can understand why you say you dont like it, i personally think Koei made a good game with 2 and then built off of that to make something greater (DW5, Wo2, not DW6)
    Last edited by CJZ; 09-09-09 at 09:47 AM.

Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends was the first DW game I owned, and only the second I had played (DW2 being the first at my friends house). I soon got DW3 as well, and I love these two the most.

I only read the first few posts on page one, but I agree with much of it. DW3 is by far the most challenging of all the games- even in DW5 Chaos mode, its easy to complete the stages, whereasI have never been able to successfully complete a single stage on 'Very Hard' on DW3 XL.

I like the fact that characters share the earlier weapons- it makes it much easier, but i dont like that you have to wait for the horse to fully stop before you can dismount.

The music and sound effects is better, the storylines are good and the Musou modes aren't as repetitive as DW4 and DW5.

I would like it if they did a DW3 remake for PS3 with updated costumes, but everything else the same.

This is by a LONG way my favourite Dynasty Warriors game for a number of reasons.
    - Most importantly is the variety of attacks and your control over the character. In DW3 there are a number of different combos you can perform and i know that this is the same in DW5 and i think DW4 (I don't have this), however, I much prefer the combos in DW3. If i had to pick one major problem with DW6, it is the fact that there are practically no moves to perform apart from constantly hitting square or trianlge with the occasional circle. Also i HATE that renbu thing. I don't want to be rushed into constantly fighting enemies just so i can increase the very small variety of attacks by a little bit, i enjoy having a look around areas for health or items or exp or a nice new horse etc. I love how the better the weapon, the more attacks you can perform is in DW3 instead of that stupid renbu.Before this turns into a rant about DW6 instead of a rave about DW3 i'll stop this point.
    - The maps - Oh god i LOOOOOOVE the maps in DW3 from yellow turbans to Wu Zhang Plains, they are all absolutely AMAAAZING. The problem with new maps is that they over-complicate them with loads of wierd ways in and out of places. I have often found myself spending some long boring minutes trying to find my way out of a castle in the later games. This brings me on to my next point...
    - Simplicity - the simplicity of DW3 is one of the major reasons for this being my favourite DW games and one of my favourite games of all time (maybe even THE favourite).

There are alot of things which make me love this game so much which i just can't put my finger on, however one of them is probably because this was the game of my childhood so if people can't understand my love - it would be because of my bias.

NOTE: I have been rambling on about this game so if you find it hard to understand something i have written, it is probably coz i have been an idiot.
    also, i've probably forgotten alot of things i might post another comment later which i'm sure everyone wil LOVE.

@MrAverage:

I think with what DW6 has done with finally giving us cliffs and a more non-flat terrain, this is a step in the right direction.

Sure simplicity is a key point, I know what you mean by not allowing yourself to find a way through an annoying area to help your commander, unless it's for Yi Ling where the stone maze is made for this for instance. But you must remember it's about time the series has made a change and taken advantage of the later console capabilities. It makes all feel more fresh and less bland with each stage able to give a unique touch. And besides in DW6: Empires you could even jump up some designated areas, so it's not as dire and helpless as one would think - they're likely thinking around the level designs and thinking of alternatives to make your time more fun and with less hassle. Although considering the fact of being challenged which is important in the later era events like Wu Zhang Plains.
    Last edited by LittleDragonZ; 08-07-10 at 09:20 PM.

DW3 will always be the best in my eyes.(with DW6:Empires a close second because it was a massive improvement from the normal series version and also because my playing involved mostly my created warriors)

Ever since I first played it years ago, I still do loads to this day.

The maps were top class

The music fit them perfectly

The attires were great(and still my personal favirotes)

It's challenging no matter who you face, Officer or Crossbow.

Everyone has their own personal storyline(I love the 3 levels they always had at the beginning. I was annoyed you couldn't play them on free mode)

And my personal favourite of this game is that your character was always involved in the opening level scene which always meant that you were a true key part of that battle.(I wish they still did this on the more recent ones because something small like that would make a battle feel more important)

I never bought 6 untill Empires came out because I just hated it because they "completely" revamped it.

I'm still fine with the the voices and the battle field because they haven't changed but it's the completely revamped character looks (Meng Huo, Liu Bei, and the worst in my oppinion, Yuan Shao and Sun Shang Xiang(too much revamp there thank you especially their voices) the weapons, the combat, and for me personally, getting rid of good characters when they normally aim to add more.

I thought they would this year have added Nu Wa, Fu Xi, Taigong Wang, Himiko and Sun Wukong(his outfits selectable on CAW, which made me think why couldn't of they just added them) because of Warriors Orochi 2 and new characters like Cheng Pu and Han Dang who deserve to be characters.

But instead they got rid of Pang De, Da Qiao, Jian Wei(who i know they're now brining back), Meng Huo(at the time), Zhu Rong and Xing Cai and the best in the whole series, Zuo Ci.

Those characters are all important in different battles, 1 way or another.

And Zuo Ci, Jiang Wei, Pang De and Zhu Rong were the characters I used all the time in other games.

I think they need to go back to making the series like Series 5, all they needed to do was increase the graphic level.

Graphics seem to be all that most designers care about these days.

i just refound my love for this game started again and i am rather obessessed with Yuan Shao. This one is defitely the best, the best levels, good outfit designs etc. And I love the sharing weapons
    if they remade this it would make me sooooooo happy

Thread Information