Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 3

Default Dynasty Warriors 3

My favorite out out the lot! I love the music (fave OST), stages, challenge, character designs, and it's really the game that got me DW obsessed. It improved by much over Dynasty Warriors 2 by adding in the characters, special items and weapons, adding voice acting in stages, etc. Though the music stayed very much the same except with the added levels of course.

DW4's darker theme shocked me a bit at first, but I'm glad it changed back to being colourful in 5 and 6. Similar to what I like in 3.

Anybody else love it or have opinions?

I really dislike DW3, I think it is the worse one ever. The characters voices are annoying and very unrealistic for the personas, the music is irritating - we're fighting in a battle, not in some doped up techno club. The graphics are blocky, and weapon system is rubbish. I rather earn my weapons then find them in crates. I know alot of people are going to disagree with me, but I really don't understand why and how people like
    DW3!?
    Redheads Are Hotheads

I don´t like DW3.
    Lady Sun sad everything and... yeah why does Koei took Nu Wa and Fu Xi out after that one? It´s absolutly not fair!

Well I love DW3 and it's my favourite of the series.

Okay compared to some of the new ones it had a lot of flaws but when it was released it improved a hell of a lot of stuff from DW2 and was a brilliant game despite it's flaws which you only really notice after playing some of the new ones and the only one that really gets me is not being able to pick up items while mounted the rest eh not really that bad.

Overall there are 3 major reasons I like DW3 over the others.

1. It's challenging- DW3 is the hardest and most challenging DW game in my opinion as it's the only game where I've gone "**** it's Lu Bu RUN AWAY" or actually seen a large block of troops and got worried hell whenever I see a group of about 10 crossbowmen I curse knowing I'm most likely going to be turned into a pin cushion. Which is why I like it the fact that even a basic troop is tough and quite nasty if your not careful unlike later ones when there just a minor nuisance and only generals really give me trouble or juggernauts.

2. It's funny- A lot of the cutscenes make me laugh as the fact all the characters will be able to do certain cut scenes e.g. attacking Hu Lao Gate with the ram each character will have a unique cutscene some of them are damn right funny like Xiao Qiao guarding the Chang Ban bridge or Guan Yu going to fight himself at Fan Castle.

3. The attitudes- Now this is something that annoys me about lots of the current characters which is there attitudes. Ma Chao and his justice addiction, Lu Bu and his might etc really annoy me but in DW3 none of that really exists and I like that makes me like the characters.

Of course DW3 does have problems like the voice acting but it's the first one with voice acting during gameplay not just in movies so I don't hold it against it and I actually do like some of them compared to new ones Lu Bu, the Qiaos and Zhang Jiao being the main ones though ones like Xu Zhu and Xiahou Yuan I'm glad they changed.

But overall I like it and it will still be my favourite of the lot unless DW7 blows me away some how.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

@foamy666: I agree, I think both Lu Bu and Ma Chao are not as impacting as they are now, with all Ma Chao's rant about justice in every situation and stage he appears in. Besides, IIRC, Ma Chao is just about avenging his fallen father in 3. Whereas without XL Lu Bu just is in one stage and it makes it more worthwhile, plus not needing to listen to him and how he's going to slaughter you all the time. I guess it's what happens when Koei think to expand a character's personality.

I too prefer the more mature Qiao voices, and appearance also.

Gan Ning's a total beast in DW3, thanks to his more controllable musou and insane power.

My favorite stage is the Battle of He Fei with all the fighting in the center, it being difficult and all the cool cutscenes.

Through my entire time playing Dynasty Warriors 3; I may have well been on crack... I can hardly remember any of it, I do recall the number of characters and personalities in it being absolutely astounding, the dodgy music, playing with paranoid friends, fighting over characters... Pfft. Not particularly good memories.

To be honest i've only ever played it a little bit as i got it around the time i got DW5.
    I had no idea that Nu Wa was in it! I honestly thought WO2 was the first time she had appeared. The same with Fu Xi!
    You learn something everyday!

It took me ages to unlock Nu Wa and Fu Xi, no idea why. And I never had the internet back then. I remember suddenly seeing them in the select screen and me rushing to my brother lol.

I prefer Fu Xi's design in DW3, but prefer Nu Wa's in WO.

DW3 was a great game, despise having much fails such as couldn't pick up items on horse, mounts don't appear on the map and in worst case; the huge damage arrows caused. x_X

DW3 is a great game, the soundtrack features some of the best themes ever shown on Warriors titles, Lu Bu was much more harder, the challenges and VS Mode's were great, I liked the officers fight the most, me and my friend always trying to get Lu Bu defecting to each other team.

Yeah, if a person were so into graphics and had played the latest, Dynasty Warriors 6 for instance. They may find it a bit hard to forget these kind of things such as not being able to dismount when moving. But I would advise to forget and just enjoy.

@Gabranth, yeah, did you know you could jump in one of the towers in that VS stage? It's the one closest to the walkway.

I played the map in the spiked ring also quite a number of times, the 1VS1 against my brother. It's a shame it wasn't any bigger.

Thread Information