Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 3

Dynasty Warriors is excellent to play ^^ Plus this game was translated in French & voice acting is in French too (Apparently there're also a Chinese version too, maybe there're German/Italian/Spanish version too)
    (By the way, how fun is Sun Jian's & Zhou Yu's French voice in this one XD)
    Now the graphics looks bad, but when DW3 was released, it was good And the difficulty level is good too, we enjoyed a lot playing DW3, our first DW.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    It took me ages to unlock Nu Wa and Fu Xi, no idea why. And I never had the internet back then. I remember suddenly seeing them in the select screen and me rushing to my brother lol.

I prefer Fu Xi's design in DW3, but prefer Nu Wa's in WO.
    Must give DW3 a proper go after i've finished with DW5Empires!

:0

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    @Gabranth, yeah, did you know you could jump in one of the towers in that VS stage? It's the one closest to the walkway.

I played the map in the spiked ring also quite a number of times, the 1VS1 against my brother. It's a shame it wasn't any bigger.
    Can't say I did, but i'll do it on the next time i play the game. Ah yes a very good map I used to play it quite often too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qing Long View Post
    Now the graphics looks bad, but when DW3 was released, it was good And the difficulty level is good too, we enjoyed a lot playing DW3, our first DW.
    I agree, its probably the most difficult one and the graphics aren't too bad for the second DW released on PS2.

but the worst problem for me was probably the VA's I didn't like them too much and most of the (officer-slain) quotes we're the same, even Lu Bu said something too generic.

Lu Bu's was something like ''Impossible... I...''

I like unique deaths personally like Taishi Ci's at He Fei and Xiahou Yuan's at Mt. Ding Jun. His death made a huge thud when he fell backwards lol. I feel that deaths where they just fall on their front are just a little too dull in my opinion.

Voice acting wasn't an issue for me at the time. I had no real say because I was young and quite inexperienced at that point of time to discuss them. I was more interested in them just having cool voices and just really just having fun to tell you the truth.

No LDZ I don't mean that quote, I might have explained wrong. I mean the quotes when you slay any enemy officer, in DW3 most of the quotes are the same and include "Enemy/Officer" and "Defeat" Lu Bu for example is: "I defeated and officer".

Yeah I liked Taishi Ci's death too, one of the part of the game I liked was also the Fan Castle, Pang De for a generic was very challenging and the level itself wasn't too easy.

Well I played DW4 first and was used to their VA's and battle quotes, so for me it was a big difference. But still is/was a great game.

Oh sorry, I didn't read the brackets in your last post? I see. And yeah, you're right

Yeah, Fan Castle was quite tough, it always has been really. Though 3's was such a small map, so was 4's I guess. 5's and 6's were great big maps though. Wonderful stages, really.

I personally went from DW2 to DW3.

I believe that Dynasty Warriors 3 was the most historically accurate and fearless of the series, historically accurate as most Musuo modes were generally based on the reality of characters stories and fearless as they would actually kill off character properly.

DW3 was my personal favorite, twas the one that got me into the lot, although I played the very first DW game on the PS2 billion years ago but it was 3 that set the bar for me, then I got 2 and so on..I'm considering buying 3 again for the memories

DW3 was a good game I brought the XL first then DW3. Just before I got 6, I started playing DW3 from the beginning again it was a cool game. Graphics not so good but who cares. If you want graphics but you want the light heartiness of 3 then buy 5.

I have noticed that they're are different versions of 3 out there.

i started from DW2 with only a handful of stages, to go from DW2 to DW3 OMG it was amazing shame they just havent made huge jumps like that since then. The amount of battles trebled and the amount of characters doubled it was gr8.

It was perhaps the most challenging dynasty warriors probably because archers were lethal making a good nanman armour vital in later levels.

Thread Information