Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 3

DW3 was the first Dynasty Warriors game i ever bought and played. It may not be my favorite but i like it a lot because it still made me become a fan of the series.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 15-07-09 at 02:29 AM.

Dynasty warriors 3 have the most enjoyable and great battles!!!The graphics are the bad thing.The soldiers are powerfull and make use of their nice moveset!(I like chalenges and strong soldiers in hard mode is the perfect challenge!)Fu Xi and Nu Wa were good!But they dissappear until warriors orochi 2 released...

I JUST purchased this one again brings me some great memories

I still have the game and play it on the odd occasion, I just remember going through and trying to get all of the 4th weapons. Those challenges were fun. Though some are so obscure you start to wonder how people ever find them.

I still have this game, I'm always going back to it, when I have nothing to do. But, I don't play it alot anymore, since it's boring to me. I only play it, if I'm really bored, but I'm not that bored anymore, because I can find something else to do if I'm bored.

Dynasty Warriors 3 wasn't so bad.
    The AI was really challenging.
    The OST was cool.
    But the voice acting was terrible. xD
    Last edited by Raging_Dragon; 26-07-09 at 03:23 AM.

Of all the DW's.. DW3 is still the best, it makes me wonder what is wrong with the warrior series developers for ruining the series so badly. After 3 it has been a road downhill with the AI going cookieland and more and more of the good stuff (read: challenges and rewarding subquests for secret items and 4th/5th weapons) getting nerfed untill now in DW6 are completely gone. Even in DW6 empires ( i just bought it one day ago) now the weapons are gone.

I wonder what will be in DW7. Maybe it will only have the square button and maybe even jumping gets taken out and replaced with teleportation or something since the series gets more and more ridiculous anyway. :/

In DW3 at least lu bu was a no go, and you would have a sense of afraid when you got up to the high general of the opposing army, i remember i always did.

It was a good thing that they could heal aswell. The only thing i hated about the early DW's was the dissapearing of troops/officers/generals within troops.
    For the rest, koei could not hope to ever create such a great game anymore if they keep doing stupid cuts.
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

Quote Originally Posted by Mousou hat View Post
    Of all the DW's.. DW3 is still the best, it makes me wonder what is wrong with the warrior series developers for ruining the series so badly. After 3 it has been a road downhill with the AI going cookieland and more and more of the good stuff (read: challenges and rewarding subquests for secret items and 4th/5th weapons) getting nerfed untill now in DW6 are completely gone. Even in DW6 empires ( i just bought it one day ago) now the weapons are gone.

I wonder what will be in DW7. Maybe it will only have the square button and maybe even jumping gets taken out and replaced with teleportation or something since the series gets more and more ridiculous anyway. :/

In DW3 at least lu bu was a no go, and you would have a sense of afraid when you got up to the high general of the opposing army, i remember i always did.

It was a good thing that they could heal aswell. The only thing i hated about the early DW's was the dissapearing of troops/officers/generals within troops.
    For the rest, koei could not hope to ever create such a great game anymore if they keep doing stupid cuts.
    I completely agree with you. Though SW1 and 2 were both decent games, there's still the chill of it going downhill. Or kind of up and down because Gundam 2 was a vast improvement over 1. So saying all this, it's not always improving and improving which it should if technology is expanding and new consoles are arriving. However, most games nowadays are not as rewarding to buy like in the past because of the lack of effort and downloadable content coming into it. It's not all KOEI though, most companies I think except like Square-Enix only really think about the money-side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    I completely agree with you. Though SW1 and 2 were both decent games, there's still the chill of it going downhill. Or kind of up and down because Gundam 2 was a vast improvement over 1. So saying all this, it's not always improving and improving which it should if technology is expanding and new consoles are arriving. However, most games nowadays are not as rewarding to buy like in the past because of the lack of effort and downloadable content coming into it. It's not all KOEI though, most companies I think except like Square-Enix only really think about the money-side of things.
    I agree 100%, its because its all about profit and competing with one an other.
    Games get less gameplay, so people are pushed to buy a new game sooner.
    So the less fun and addicting a game is the better for the corporation.

There was a time i played Samurai warriors 2 (after playing samurai warrior 1XL a long time, since SW1 the original wasnt anywhere to be bought in my country untill like a year ago or something) and i had high hopes for koei, was really hyped as far i could call my self a big time fan, would buy any warriors game and i did.. untill i bought DW6 and i couldnt believe how bad the game was....... and now i bought DW6 empires.. because people said it was alot better than DW6 .. and they are abselutely right.. but its just.. i can hardly think of a word to describe..except for 'stupidity' that now the weapons are cut.

There is abselutely nothing to play for anylonger. I think koei has done a job well done in the race to sell as much individual # as possible uncaring of if it pleases the fans. I dont see myself as a fan anymore now, ive started to literally hate koei games after this, there is just a single hope for koei left in my book and thats SW3. It better come to PS3, it better have gettable (read:earnable trough in-level missions) weapons, horses and items. It better have Japanese VA (in europe too yes, that i live in europe doesnt make me english) and it better not have changed the combo system. Cause if even one of the above is not present or changed, then that will be the last time i buy a game from koei and will definately advice everyone that i know to stay very far away from koei games by experience of it being wasted money since the games simply do not return the fun/gameplay for the price you pay for it.
    This might sound extremely harsh, but i feel being treated extremely harsh since DW6.

Some people might say 'you dont have to buy the games' But as a real fan you have an expectation of the franchise.

I hope so much that koei will get the message and start thinking about 'why exactly did dynasty warriors/samurai warriors get so popular, why did DW3 was so succesful and fun? :/
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

The one thing i like in 3 is it honestly is more relisitic and also the maps are better designed ^^.

Thread Information