Thread: Reasons why Razor's edge wasn't bad... wasn't perfect either.

Default Reasons why Razor's edge wasn't bad... wasn't perfect either.

I did like razor's edge for the following reasons.
    1. It was more difficult
    2. It looked better
    3. Dismemberment returned.
    4. More weapons.
    5. More abilities (like the concentrate to heal)

What should have been added.

1. More stealth. (The game should have felt more like the opening of the movie NINJA ASSASSIN)
    2. Finding health items just like ninja gaiden 2.
    3. More route options.
    4. Ryu should be able to shake off enemy holds. (The most annoying part of the game was not being able to do that).
    5. Ryu should have a dragong on his costume or a tatoo of a dragon on his back.
    6. QTE buttons should have displayed in dynamic style.

Well Team Ninja I hope this helps in making a better Ninja Gaiden next time. Pls do not let us down again.

*nods* i getcha
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

I agree with everything aside from more stealth if you want more stealth play Shinobido 1 or 2.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

No Itagaki, no more Ninja Gaiden simple as that ~_~

Main problem with the game is no vigoorian flails, two handed sword and tonfas personally (and i hate the kusari gama). And no health items kinda sucks when you are stuck somewhere but i guess that promotes having better skill and using your ninpo effectively.

I think the best part of the game is the reduction of rocket spammers and how they die easily (over NG2 at least). They were just a nuisance mostly (especially in NG2 trials where you'd end up avoiding other mobs just to kill off all the rocket guys first so they aren't in the way for around 5 mintues).

I Have the Wii U version, seems like finding a clan battle is impossible... game needs frame skip so slow-motion doesn't happen when frame rate drops.

If they release those weapons as DLC i will happily pick them up.

KrisFrosz133 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by darkRavenX_ View Post
    I did like razor's edge for the following reasons.
    1. It was more difficult
    2. It looked better
    3. Dismemberment returned.
    4. More weapons.
    5. More abilities (like the concentrate to heal)

What should have been added.

1. More stealth. (The game should have felt more like the opening of the movie NINJA ASSASSIN)
    2. Finding health items just like ninja gaiden 2.
    3. More route options.
    4. Ryu should be able to shake off enemy holds. (The most annoying part of the game was not being able to do that).
    5. Ryu should have a dragong on his costume or a tatoo of a dragon on his back.
    6. QTE buttons should have displayed in dynamic style.

Well Team Ninja I hope this helps in making a better Ninja Gaiden next time. Pls do not let us down again.

I agree with the things you have on this list except for tattoos. Ryu is a traditional person who came from a respectful village and the last thing he'd need is a tattoo. Besides, it will be so out of character in my opinion.

A few things that annoyed me the most aside from the difficulty are the following:

1. The lack of healing items: I was very confused in the first level to not find any elixirs or herbs as I progressed. The part where we fought the spider tank, I felt even more confused thinking I had missed all the item chests before fighting the boss. Team Ninja should have retained the healing system in Ninja Gaiden 3. Although it's cool to introduce new features, this is definitely not the best one. Finding and using elixirs is part of the series and I kept pressing the D-Pad in NG3 thinking I could heal and change weapons. It's second nature to do so for me. Don't do that, Team Ninja.

2. No Rachel: This one hurt me the most. As a fan of Rachel, I was VERY disappointed that she was not in Ninja Gaiden 3. Why not? She was there from the very beginning when she first met Ryu in Ninja Gaiden (2004), so I don't see any reason why Team Ninja would not have her. Every Ninja Gaiden game should have Rachel in my opinion, even if it's a small role (preferably a bigger one).

3. Setting is too urban: The first Ninja Gaiden is still my favourite; part of the reason is because it has that mystical and spiritual qualities to it. The music, the environments, the enemies, the Nimpos: they each have a special element to it that made the game unlike anything I had ever played before. It was a real escapism. Ninja Gaiden 2 was somewhere in the middle but 3 completely threw me off. It felt like playing Call of Duty with a Ninja DLC. Some levels were off setting and did not feel like Ninja Gaiden at all. Even the user interface and loading screen felt too high-tech; not fitting for a Dragon Ninja.

Aside from these flaws, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is still fun and entertaining.

I hope Team Ninja will learn from their mistakes and make future Ninja Gaiden games better. And please, don't forget Rachel. Look how sad she is in this picture. Rejected, unwanted and forgotten.

2013-08-07-114617.jpg

Thread Information