Thread: Character Creation Appeal

Lightbulb Character Creation Appeal

As someone who's been doing playing Dynasty Warriors since DW2, and every one since then, I've found that when the games don't have character creation in them I definitely get bored with the game much faster. I was really disappointed that DW8 XL:CE didn't have this option. I know a lot of the Empire games had this option but not everyone has a Playstation anymore. I think adding this feature, along with the ability to actually move up the ranks in the army (starting with a lowly private and working up), would make the game exponentially more entertaining and improve the longevity of each game. DW8 XL:CE is one of the best Dynasty Warriors games EVER (in my opinion) but lacks the character creation that I so long for. To have my own character who fights through the battles to establish my own name and have the NPC's react to what I am doing made me love the series even more. I was sad to see it was not in the PC version of DW8 XL:CE. It'd be so great to have it back again. Thoughts?

Let's Go,
    Log1kz
    The Forever King(C)
    GT: Log1kz
    Twitter: Log1kzTFK
    Pro Games/Earnings
    Call of Duty 1, 2, 4, MW2 - $25,000
    Quake 3 - $10,000
    Total - $35,000

Character creation has been missing from main DW games for some time now. Like you said, its usually included in the Empires expansion.

The most recent Samurai Warriors 4 has it though, so perhaps it might make its way back to DW main series?

The question is, would doing so eliminate the need for Empires seeing as how some sort of special game mode would need to be present in the main game to warrant including character creation? For example, SW4 has Vagrant/Mercenary Mode which follows your CAW through the various regions in Japan, fighting and building relationships with the main characters in a sort of side quest mode.

I personally have been a fan of reducing the number of expansions and just including the Empires/CAW content in the main games in the first place, as in SW4. Makes the game feel more complete, IMO.

I agree with this a lot. I actually haven't had the chance to play SW4 yet but I'm excited to try it. I agree that reducing the number of expansions and including them within the original or just ONE expansion (where everything is included) would make the game much more enjoyable.
    The Forever King(C)
    GT: Log1kz
    Twitter: Log1kzTFK
    Pro Games/Earnings
    Call of Duty 1, 2, 4, MW2 - $25,000
    Quake 3 - $10,000
    Total - $35,000

Thread Information