Thread: What you wish to see in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires or 9

Default What you wish to see in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires or 9

I am sure there are several threads like this what would you guys wish to see in the next dynasty warriors installments.

I would like to see:
    - Create-A-Warrior (in general)
    - New Characters:
    - Cheng Pu or Pan Zhang (Wu)
    - Hua Xiong (Lu Bu)
    - 1 Nanman officer (main weapon is stone pillar)
    - Xun Yu (Wei)
    - Zhou Cang (Shu)
    * Jin officers I'm not too familiar with
    * Also possible, some more unique NPC's (i.e Hu Che Er, Cao Mao are currently the only ones, there might be more)
    - Unique Nanman and Yellow Turban troops
    - Separate animals between Steeds and Animal Bodyguards
    - Actual Bodyguards (DW5)

So much win in this one post. I'd like to see more of the dynamic campaigns for sure.
    The Forever King(C)
    GT: Log1kz
    Twitter: Log1kzTFK
    Pro Games/Earnings
    Call of Duty 1, 2, 4, MW2 - $25,000
    Quake 3 - $10,000
    Total - $35,000

I'm personally hoping that the next DW game drops the expansions model altogether. I get that the XL games extend the life of the base game somewhat, but I don't really have that problem myself.

At the rate I play, I'd be halfway through the main game by the time the next expansion is released, while most other people have already completed it and are wanting more.

As far as Empires, KOEI added the Vagrant/Mercenary Mode to SW4, so no reason they couldn't do something similar here as well.

Online co-op would certainly be nice.

Here are my suggestions that I posted on Facebook. They're mostly big game length, depth and replayability related suggestions no individual small ones like "add dinosaurs".

So, I want to start with that people always say that Warriors games are repetitive right? It's not a problem to me at all, I just love to fight in this giant battles. But many other people have problem with that, and they play games like Diablo, Titan Quest, Path of Exile etc. So, why are they playing them when these games are just basically just clicking on a enemies while in Warriors games we have combos and other awesome gameplay elements? It's progression in these games. In them we have randomly generated weapons, armor and other items and of course we are gaining levels etc. So, that is making these games fun, the rewarding gameplay and progression. And in Dynasty Warriors 8 the weapon system is amazing! Just like in these games we have random weapons with random properties etc. and it makes it so rewarding to defeat a strong (or weak) officer and get this amazing weapon that we were searching for. Plus we are gaining levels and making our characters stronger. I hope you understand what I mean, because English is my second language and I'm not that good with it. Here are suggestions that are made in easy to read points:

- Expand loot system. Making more varied in looks and in stats weapons that are randomly generated that we can collect, and possibly other items like armor. That just would make fighting on the battlefields even more rewarding and fun. Plus it would add progression to the game which is pretty important and adds lots of more gameplay hours to the game.

- More combos! In DW8 combos are superb, but there's only 7 max and if it would fit the game why not make like a 10 max combos? It would make gameplay less repetitive when we could use even more combos. And make the last 9 and 10 like really powerful and we can obtain them only when we are very high level, like 40-50, so it would be really rewarding and not overpowered on early levels.

- More open battlefields! More open and realistic battlefields are just so fun! Here's an example: In the DW8:XLCE on steam there are two maps of battle of Xiapi and one of them is this "closed corridor" map, and the other is this amazing open battle and it is so fun to play on an open map like this, because we've got more tactical options, and it just looks more realistic and plays more realistic and fun.

- Keep and expand Ambition Mode! This mode is just so much fun and it feels that gap when we complete Story Mode in other games and there's just Free Mode left to do and in Ambition Mode we've got so much to do and it is just so fun and rewarding mode. And make it a little more optimized!! Because almost always our soldiers die like flies in that mode and morale almost doesn't work at all.

- More tactical gameplay in all game modes. Which means in Story and Free Mode we can capture bases and we see them on map and they influence morale etc. so we can strategically pick important enemy bases which help us in generating more soldiers etc. and we don't need to just hunt down all enemy officers all the time.

And about what you guys posted. I agree with separation of rideable animals and animal bodyguards. And with actual bodyguard system I don't really have a problem with current one, but I would love to see it expanded for sure, maybe up to 5 of them and able to select generic soldier-like bodyguards and making them into generals etc. And create a warrior, as much as I would love to have it It's gonna be only in Empires no matter what.
    Last edited by Patrykq; 26-06-14 at 12:16 PM.

And can they add a ninja outfit like the one from ninja gaiden for the male & female charaters

I've been thinking more about my last suggestion about making more tactical gameplay in all game modes and I just remembered a prefect example. In Dynasty Warriors 6 we've got an awesome base system that really gave us more tactical options. Bases were marked on the map if they belonged to the enemy (red) or our forces (blue) and they really felt like they were making the impact on the battle. For a short example: if we've captured or defended bases to the north we could feel more confident that that area would hold out for a longer time and our officers there would hold out for longer too and we could attack other areas on the battlefield, while having more confidence in our forces to the north. It was one of my favorite features in DW6.
    Last edited by Patrykq; 02-07-14 at 12:54 PM.

Some kind of duel system being circled by soldiers so you have to fight one on one or possibly multiple opponents alone.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

Quote Originally Posted by Superbuu3 View Post
    Some kind of duel system being circled by soldiers so you have to fight one on one or possibly multiple opponents alone.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Yet another awesome feature from DW6 that is missing in the sequels.

Thread Information