Thread: Hyrule Warriors

Default Hyrule Warriors

Figured we could use a Hyrule Warriors thread around here

For anyone that hasn't already heard (unlikely) Hyrule Warriors is the latest collaborative game from KOEI Tecmo, featuring characters from Nintendo's popular Zelda franchise.

Exclusively for Nintendo's WiiU console, Hyrule Warriors takes the Zelda universe and mashes it into the gameplay system made popular by KOEI Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series.

You will be able to play as Link and many other never-before-playable Zelda characters in an entirely new storyline set outside of traditional Zelda canon.

This game will be published in Europe and the US by Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Amercia, respectively.

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) will release on the following dates:

Europe: September 19th, 2014
    North America: September 26th, 2014

So, anyone in Europe already get their copies of Hyrule Warriors?

I just pre-ordered mine and expect to get it by Friday when it releases in the US.

Finally started playing some Hyrule Warriors.

Game plays pretty smoothly on Gamepad. Only completed 3 stages of Legend Mode so far, using Link and Impa, but liking it already. Will give more impressions once I've played it a bit more.

Literally every character I like. It's really enjoyable to use actual new movesets all at once like this. Having done the Legend Mode which I'll have another go probably this coming week upon the DLC, I'm coming to the conclusion of the Adventure Mode which has been really quite lengthy.

Also to note now that the first DLC (apart from the Dark Link you get straight away from ordering all packs in advance) is coming October 16th called the ''Master Quest'' pack which'll contain a moveset for Link using his horse Epona. Plus there's going to be another Adventure Mode which is great news for people who will be coming to an end with the game's inbuilt one, so they can buy the DLC for that. There's also the free patch update on the same day which'll give the three villain characters Cia, Volga, Wizzro, all at no cost for this patch.

Thread Information