Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ling Tong

Default Ling Tong

Pretty much my favourite character in the whole series

The first thing that really got my attention about him was his weapon in DW5...the Nunchaku...and then when I started to play as him, I really started to like his story and personality, I like his relationship with Gan Ning...and how its just one big contest between the two

I didnt mind his change in DW6, he looked pretty damn awsome, and his weapon wasnt all that bad...so I was really excited when I saw that he got a new version of his older weapon...but so far, I still havent been able to use those new weapons -_-

Anyway...enough from me...I'll be quiet, other people can talk now

Hmm... I've said this before I think, but I don't really enjoy the guy much. I don't really know why to be honest, I guess he just doesn't appeal to me. Though like every character, I'd do his story and get his weapons to complete the game.

Cao Pi was my favorite addition to DW5. He's Zhao Yun's evil twin of course!

Ling Tongs nunchucks were what made him my second favourite character in DW5 (Cao Pi was my favourite). I just loved the moves he could perform. So I was dissapointed when Koei changed his weapon in DW6
    Last edited by Captain Ashton; 29-08-09 at 02:12 PM.

Ling Tong is awesome. He has alot of funny quotes and good moves including his C3 in DW5. I do enjoy the new Ling Tong because of his tri charge attack. I am not saying that I digged the weapon change because I love the nunchakus but the poleaxe does give him more range in attacks then the nunchakus ever did. He seemed to have matured alot since DW5 with the attitude and voice as well. There isn't much interaction between him and Gan Ning this time around unless you played the Special because you might miss how those two argued all the time even though they were buddies like I did.
    http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/Quanji/Fanbars/JLZ.png

I think I also liked Ling Tong more with the nanchaku as his weapon. It made him more of a stand out character, particularly with his insane weapon speed, the amount of hits you can get in a short period of time is great.

Personality wise he is always interesting, he has a little bit of flare and charisma about him, of course rivaling himself somewhat with the even more charismatic Gan Ning.

A good character overall, but not a personal favorite.

i did really prefer the nunchaku but when i think about it his new weapon is 1more likely and 2 i think it sort of suits him and his personality.
    but i really like the first few things he says in the first clip of Gan Ning. he's so funny
    i dont lie, i bend the truth

the only unchangeable thing is that things change.

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/stupidity/0.gif

When he was first introduced in DW5, I liked him straight away. With the nunchaku as a weapon he attacked FAST as hell. In WO 1&2, he also attacked quickly, making him deadly.

However, I dont like his DW6 weapon, well he was a clone. I do like the weapon he has in DW6 Special, I got to use it in Strikeforce. In Empires I'll be able to use him on a home console.
    SW3 Friend Code: 3395-7139-6283

The first time i played Ling Tong i was like "his weapon is awesome" the Nunchaku was a pretty amazing weapon. I thought that he had one of the best weapons in the game. I was disappointed when they gave him a spear or whatever in DW6, but in DW6 empires, his new weapon is awesome.

Good job Koei

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 16-08-09 at 07:57 PM.

Ling Tong was by far my favorite characters in DW5, i liked his personality and his weapon. The numchucks were awesome. When i saw him in DW6 with a spear and a weird new look i got soooo mad. But his DW6E was really cool

Ling Tong was not my fav character but he had my fav weapon (Nunchaku) besides Cao Pis long sword in DW6E i too was also mad in DW6 when they changed his weapon to some spear

but overall Ling Tongg will always be th Comedian of DW series

Thread Information