Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 5

I liked DW5E some of the dialogue was funny like when Gan Ning wants to call Lu Meng brother. lol.

I think the cut scenes help tell the story. I do like the way you get to edit the endings. Some of them are funny. The different routes and things were good but I preferred Dynasty Tactics 2 for that.

This thread is a tad older, but I agree with that silvertongue posted a while ago.
    I love the fact that there are so many routes to take, it kinda opens up the game in big way.
    That really is what makes the Empires titles awesome to play, I love how you for once can get a commanding position with your enemy army, it gives you freedom to ally/attack whoever you want, order units to defend/attack in battle etc. The strategic element added to the fun hackn' slash formula is a genius idea really.

KOEI are definitely onto a winner with the Empires variants, DW5 come a long way from DW4 as well by really opening up the pre-battle choices you had available, giving even more flexibility.

Just a quick question. I've always played the original and XL games, but I've never played an Empires game.

I know that Empires brings a little more stradegy into the game, but does it still have the same "hack n' slash" nature?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads591 View Post
    Just a quick question. I've always played the original and XL games, but I've never played an Empires game.

I know that Empires brings a little more stradegy into the game, but does it still have the same "hack n' slash" nature?
    Yes 100%, you should give it a try or just get DW6 Empires which is out this week
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads591 View Post

The actual gameplay, although it does have a few alterations, still plays almost exactly like the original games. The main aspects of the strategy doesnt really affect the way the fighting is done.

Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    The actual gameplay, although it does have a few alterations, still plays almost exactly like the original games. The main aspects of the strategy doesnt really affect the way the fighting is done.
    You said it so much better than I did.

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    You said it so much better than I did.

thank you. ive been trying to decide whether i should get 6 empires or not, but now i will definately look into getting it.

Thank you both

Default Dynasty Warriors 5

I love it, Jason Great stuff Do you still have contact with Andy Koenig? Andy should write a Dynasty episode guide, just like The Colbys. I love that Colbys episode guide

Well I know this is an old thread but here we go.....

Ok so I decided to play DW5 tonight as I've not played it for a while. Last time I'd played I'd finished everyone's Musou. I put the disc in, changed 4 memory cards and no data!
    It finally dawned on me that I transfered all the data to my 60gb PS3 when I had it which unfortunately died along with DW5 PS2 save data.
    I've just started it again but it's gonna take forever and a day to do it all again but it's my favourite DW game on the PS2 so it's gotta be done, lol!

Anyway just thought I'd share the randomness......................

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    Well I know this is an old thread but here we go.....

Ok so I decided to play DW5 tonight as I've not played it for a while. Last time I'd played I'd finished everyone's Musou. I put the disc in, changed 4 memory cards and no data!
    It finally dawned on me that I transfered all the data to my 60gb PS3 when I had it which unfortunately died along with DW5 PS2 save data.
    I've just started it again but it's gonna take forever and a day to do it all again but it's my favourite DW game on the PS2 so it's gotta be done, lol!

Anyway just thought I'd share the randomness......................

I liked the game DW5 myself, it's just that the music never really appealed to me, I found it easy because of the Musou Token, and the AI was pretty stupid. These were the things I complained about back in the day.

I loved the fact Zhao Yun's appearance improved, as with DW4 with his barbaric look I didn't really grow that fond of it.

Thread Information