Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xu Huang

Default Xu Huang

I was really a big fan of his back in his first appearance in Dynasty Warriors 3. I loved his design, moveset and voice. He was voiced by the same voice actor who did Trunks in DBZ. So when I saw his older more brute appearance in DW4 in a magazine I bought, my hopes got dashed a bit. I started to not be bothered by him at all and just became more interested in others. Same really happened in DW5, but in 6 his younger look, design and especially his voice, were excelllent. It was a big shame that he never received a unique moveset for himself though. I was really hoping DW6S would end up revealing this, but alas, it never... So that's what I'm hoping for in DW7!

I didn't bother with Xu Huang until DW6. I like his new apperance in DW6,his voice fits him perfect. He has the best Halberd moveset of the clones with his explosions in my opinion. Too bad that he hasn't got a story. I hope he will in DW6 XL,plus he will get his great axe back.

Somehow he replaces Pang De in Fan Castle. O.o I would rather like him to appear as a reinforcement.

Yeah, I guess they replaced him just to give him some praise, and to really make another target. And yeah, a reinforcement would've been funny, especially if he came with his ''Xu Huang has arrived!'' quote. With him always being late to the field and all.

Xu Huang has been one of my favourites throughout all the DW games...(Ling Tong wasnt until 5...I needed some favourites )

I just really loved his personality, design and moveset all the way through...I think he really looked the best in DW5...I was kinda dissapointed in DW6 when he didnt have the towel on his head though ^.^

LOL it's not a towel, it's a turban. And do you not like the replacement fluff? It's awesome!

I can see him needing to be more like Guan Yu's age, I guess that could be why it happened in 6? Guan Yu's appearance aged younger after all.

LOL, I was going to say turban, but I thought it might not be a turban and I would end up making an @ss of myself

I really liked the Xu Huang vs Guan Yu in DW3 Fan Castle

Yeah, that was cool, but the problem was that Xu Huang appeared to be much younger. They fixed it in 4 and 5, but have changed them both to a younger age in 6.

I wonder if they go through Guan Yu's route first, and whatever his appearance comes out as, they base Xu Huang's like so. Perhaps Koei have decided on something similar to this? I guess it may show again when DW7 is to come, we'll see.

He is one of my preferred characters in the games, particularly with his older style. He used to be a little more unconventional, but still had decent power and range and was real enjoyable to try master.

I do prefer his new character model and weapon in DW6 though, I just want the chopper (old Jump+Charge) attack back - it’s awesome to pull out in packs...or just for kicks.
    Last edited by Fayt; 06-04-09 at 04:05 AM.

I enjoy using Xu Huang as much as I can mainly because he is strong and a good crowd clearer. I love his "On the chopping block!" quote in Warriors Orochi when he uses his special technique.
    http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/Quanji/Fanbars/JLZ.png

Xu Huang is a good fighter I like his voice and moveset in DW6 and DW6 Empires

It's really a shame that they can't specialize the characters more, so that they get all unique moves and techniques ^^

Xu Huang would deserve it!
    I'm Zhang Liao! Flee now, if you wish to live!

Thread Information