Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings

Default Lord of the Rings

My favorite trilogy of all-time at present. Star Wars was when I was a kid.

I love all three films, have the special editions and have seen them all +10 each, easily. I liked the battle at Amon Hen in FOTR, Helms Deep's moment where Gandalf arrives in TTT and the Rohirim charge outside Minas Tirith in the last film. My two favorites are Aragorn and Merry.

Yeah, I dig LotR too.
    I just don't like what they did with Gimli in those movies. Sure he's a bit of a comedian in the books too, but they made him just a joke in the movies. Plus it pains me that he's the only one in the movie who's fighting moves lack any credibility... Gimli doesn't have ONE SINGLE fight scene in the movies that looks like his attacks could actually do some damage... except maybe the scene where he breaks his axe when he tries to destroy the ring.
    And it's sad 'cause... HE WIELDS AN AXE! How hard can it honestly be to hit a guy in the face with an AXE and make it look it's gonna hurt real bad!?
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Quote Originally Posted by Outi View Post
    Yeah, I dig LotR too.
    I just don't like what they did with Gimli in those movies. Sure he's a bit of a comedian in the books too, but they made him just a joke in the movies. Plus it pains me that he's the only one in the movie who's fighting moves lack any credibility... Gimli doesn't have ONE SINGLE fight scene in the movies that looks like his attacks could actually do some damage... except maybe the scene where he breaks his axe when he tries to destroy the ring.
    And it's sad 'cause... HE WIELDS AN AXE! How hard can it honestly be to hit a guy in the face with an AXE and make it look it's gonna hurt real bad!?
    Actually, I think he has one. Where Helms Deep's wall breaks and the Uruks flood in, Gimli jumps down and takes them on. He doesn't do a terrible amount of damage though because he's slow, and so Aragorn charges forward with the reserve elves behind the wall.

But still!
    You too admit that most of the time Gimli looks like he actually has no idea how to wield an axe!
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Hmm... to be honest I don't know. I've seen in scenes him using it well.

Do you like Gollum? I like the convo he has with Sam when making his stew in the second film. Stupid fat Hobbit.

I love Gollum, for me he was one of the coolest character, we only know in the last movie who he was really and I like his double identity.

I agree with you LDZ I find nothing strange on Gimli O_o but still because he is ginger he is also one of my fav!
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Legolas would be my man crush if I ever had one

I agree with what Outi say about Gimli, his attaks in Helm's Deep were like only making noise hitting the Uruk's armours and nothing more, maybe his best fight was against the cave troll in Moria, I thik his few appearences is cuz of John Rhys Davies has some kind of skin alergy to the latex things he had on his face for the dwarf's nose and also he had the heaviest armour of all character, over 40 kg, and also that big axe.

Also about Gandalf which is my best character, I find him to do only crappy magics after he turn into white. I think being white means better powers and all that but while he plays as Gandalf the Grey he has more magic actions. Anyways he's still my fave and Ian McKellen is the best actor ever.

Gandalf is one of my favourite too, T-T I was so sad when he sacrified himself to kill the balrog!!! (But the Balrog was so well made!)
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

the film is great but its soo long lol

Thread Information