Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid

Default Metal Gear Solid

My personal favourite series (sorry DW your second).

I was thinking, wouldnt it be amazing if they could add the same type of story they have in Metal gear in a dynasty warriors game. I mean, they wouldnt always be fighting i would love an oblivion style game, except with the controls and models and way of fighting in the DW series, across all of china and instead of playing as an officer you start off as a lowly footsoldier, a bit like in battlefront except you can work your way up and eventually command men and make the type of decisions as you do in empires. That would be my best game ever if that were possible

Welcome to the forum Senjaru!

I've only got MGS4. Bought it because of its praise and have approached somewhere near the end, I think. Great game, but it has real length movies, that's my criticism. I've heard it's to tie loose-ends with though.

I need to get back playing it, I haven't since a few weeks ago. Got distracted by another.

Omigod! MGS is like my favourite game series of all times! .D
    I've got all the games except MGS1 and the PSP spin-offs... in other words, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid 4.

I can't even begin to choose which is my favourie MGS game... They all have their individual strenghts.
    Last edited by Outi; 08-02-09 at 08:37 PM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

MGS series is one of my favorite games of all time, I played them all expect 4th title.

The first one and second one are very much the same gameplay with a few extras added, such as the FPS view, they we're very nice games, VR missions is nice for both starters and experienced players on how to use weapons, learn new tactics on how to use AI to advantage, etc.

The third one was really great i loved every second of the game, we have much more freedom and all the bosses are on huge background were you aren't forced to fight them head-on and can use landscape to your advantage and beat them in various ways, my favorite Boss on MGS was The End.

Special missions/modes and Movie Editor's(name wrong?) were two of the best additions on these titles, The song Snake Eater was a nice song too.

Oh! The End is probably one of the best bosses of any video game EVAR!
    A sniping versus match in a huge forest area is like my MGS wet dream come true!

Also, the Crying Wolf fight in MGS4 is similar to the fight with The End... It could have been almost as awesome, but the surroundings in the MGS4 sniper duel isn't nearly as interesting as in MGS3... Although... the blinding blizzard effect was kinda awesome.

Sure, best game of ever. The only bad thing is that it's too short... Maybe if it was longer, MGS wouldn't be the same?

The best saga ever indeed, I have all 3 first ones and I can't have enough of them. I'd like to play the 4th one too, need to buy the game and PS3 but I'm not rich. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by AXOMME View Post
    The best saga ever indeed, I have all 3 first ones and I can't have enough of them. I'd like to play the 4th one too, need to buy the game and PS3 but I'm not rich. T_T
    Oh please, you can get the 80gb PS3 for something like 400€ now.
    I bought my 60gb PS3 a year ago and I paid close to 900€ for it!
    You don't need to be rich anymore to get a PS3. It's cheaper than a decent quality digital camera these days!

See? 80gb PS3: 379,00€

You won't get a decent camera for less than 400 euros!
    And which does a gamer need more, a camera or a PS3?

Just buy the damn thing!
    Last edited by Outi; 11-02-09 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs View Post
    Sure, best game of ever. The only bad thing is that it's too short... Maybe if it was longer, MGS wouldn't be the same?
    I agree MGS titles, at least the first 3 were a little short on story, but if you include European Extreme difficulty, collecting tags, Ga-Ko frogs, Boss Battle mode and my personal favorite; Completing the game without 0 Kills and 0 Alarms, the game takes quite a while to be completed and proves to be a challenge to any player.

Quote Originally Posted by Outi View Post
    Oh please, you can get the 80gb PS3 for something like 400€ now.
    Please keep it on-topic, this isn't a PS3 discussion topic.

But to answer your post, not everyone can afford/spend 400€ on a console, there are various importants priorities in life other than gaming.

I wasn't implying that everyone should have an extra 400€ in their wallets at all times... It's not like I could afford to pay 900€ for a console back then either. I just pretty much didn't eat for 2 months... I'm just saying that now you wouldn't have to quit eating for more than 2 weeks to save enough money for the PS3.

but anyways... yeah... whatever... mgs3 rulz... i hope you can all forgive me for being such an anarchist. i knew it was wrong of me to post a comment about PS3 in a discussion about a PS3 game... 'cause it's not like ps3 games have anything to do with ps3... mgs2 rulz 2... i <3 raiden

Seriously, though...
    Allowing the members at least SOME freedom of speech isn't going to turn this zoo into an jungle. But if you start dealing out warnings right and left like that, this place might end up turning into a shelter for castrated sheep...

I urge the next poster to get back on topic ASAP. I'd do it myself, but right now I can't really say anything more about MGS...

Thread Information