Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

I still have no memories lol (when I said I remember the name, I was talking about Sailor, Moon, Sailor Venus, Sailor ... etc. lol)
    Name translation is probably one of the worse things int the anime world
    exemple (even if I don't like it) : Captain Tsubasa, in France, the main character is called Olivier xD

edit : I just found a site with the episodes disable in streaming, maybe I'll watch them (after my homework >_> )
    Last edited by Shika; 15-02-09 at 02:53 PM.

HAHAHAHHA yeah why. I bet it's a matter of Frenchized things, they might think we won't like it if it's not french lol, while the best to do is just to keep the japanese names!
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Quote Originally Posted by Gischie View Post
    Yeah the "Club Dorothee" translated ones :
    _ Sailor Moon, Usagi Tsukino (うさぎ 月野), Bunny Rivière (why river?)
    _ Tuxedo Kamen, Mamoru Chiba (地場 衛), Bourdu (l'homme masque with a really french stupid name Bourdu, honestly who has a name like this?!)
    _ Sailor Mercury, Ami Mizuno, Molly
    _ Sailor Mars, Rei Hino,, Raya Hino
    _ Sailor Jupiter, Makoto Kino (まこと 木野), Marcy Maurane
    _ Sailor Venus, Minako Aino (美奈子 愛野), Mathilda
    _ Sailor Uranus, Haruka Tenoh (天王はるか), Frédéric (a real confusing name because in french both sex could be named Frederic)

My Fav :
    _ Sailor Pluto, Setsuna Meioh (冥王 せつな), Sylvana ou Sévèrine Meio
    _ Sailor Neptune, Michiru Kaioh (海王みちる), Mylène Kaio
    _ Sailor Saturn, en civil Hotaru Tomoe (土萠 ほたる), Olivia Williams

P.S. : I wonder if they will change Sailor Pluto as now Pluto is not considered anymore as a planet.
    LOL What a surprise!! Didn't know you're a fan of Sailor Moon too. I never missed an episod, when I was child, watching the Club Dorothée ^^

You forgot one Sailor : Sailor Chibi Moon, her name was translated as Camille in French (Sailor Moon & L'Homme Masqué's future child)
    I agree with your comment about Bourdu name lol XD

I watched the series since the starting until some episode when Pegasus Story ("Hélios") (It was after Saturn's Story)

My favorite Sailor were : (a bit with chronology in fact XD)
    Sailor Mercury, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Saturn & finally Sailor Moon XD (lol you copied me, Gischie! Just kidding, I just think it's because those characters get an interesting story)
    Blog Officiel de TECMO KOEI France

http://u.jimdo.com/www32/o/s79eea1ce...humb/image.jpg

Sorry for my bad English, please, forgive my mistakes and
    /or feel free to correct it, thank you ~

Of course I copied you, you're the best lol

I'm happy that you're a fan of that anime when you were a kid too and yes I forgot that cheeky monkey Sailor Chibi moon lol ^^, I never saw the Pegasus one, how is it?

And you're right, about your fav characters, it's because of their story, it's more interesting than the others
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Sailor Moon was my first anime. I thought it was kind of like Power Rangers in an anime form with all girls. The opening song is the best!

Sailor Moon was my first anime as well. I use to love that show including the theme song as well. I miss it that it's not on the air anymore. D:

It's not on the air, but it's ont the internet^^ lol
    Or you can buy the manga, I don't know if there are many difference between the manga and the anime ?

lol Thanks Gischie, but no I'm not the best lol. The Pegasus one was good too, it's just after Saturn's story, Sailor Chibi Moon become more important in this Pegasus part in the story but in this Pegasus part, Pluto, Neptune, Saturn & Uranus aren't in. They only come back in the Final part of the serie which I'ven't seen XD

There's a French Opening song, it wasn't bad to hear too lol ^^

Well, yes, Shika, I read the manga too, & there're some "big" differences, anime is good for all public, manga is a bit more harder to read, it's more for teenagers, (more violence in manga) I prefered anime though manga isn't that bad. (By the way, totally forgotten I have SM mangas XD)
    Last edited by Qing Long; 17-02-09 at 08:50 PM.
    Blog Officiel de TECMO KOEI France

http://u.jimdo.com/www32/o/s79eea1ce...humb/image.jpg

Sorry for my bad English, please, forgive my mistakes and
    /or feel free to correct it, thank you ~

HAHAHAHAHHAHA the french Opening with Bernard Minet!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHfLWIlrR_I (who can forget it, it was so cheesy lol)

@ Jsun: yeah for me, it was the same, but also as Dragon Ball Z has a massive success at France, I always though that it was for boys and Sailor Moon for girls lol
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Оhoho! I saw it when I was 8 years old! Now I am 16 I saw all seasons of this anime! Very interesting^^

Thread Information