Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pirate warriors thread

Default Official Pirate warriors thread

Seeing as there isn't a section like there should be.

Anyway I've posted my experiences of the game here:

http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/...sions-spoilers
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

Well by now I've finished the "Main log" part of the game, and several of the characters modes in "Another log", and I'd say it's a very good game, at least for being the first One Piece musou game, though I'd also say that it could use a lot of polishing for sequels.

The combat is pretty much fine as it is, but what truly needs polishing is all that damn disgusting quick time **** in Main Log. Or preferably, get rid of that **** completely. I got the game for being a One Piece Musou game, not a quick time event game. Sure, the developers wanted it since they wanted to do something new from what they usually do with Luffy's abilities, but quick time stuff is just not fun. Just annoying. And preferably change the "events" on musou stages like when messengers appear when Nico Robin appears, as they are just annoying, or at least make the map more easy to read and make the "specified" enemy easier to see in a crowd.

Though for a sequel, if there ever will be one, I'd like it if they added the ability to jump on musou stages. Also, it'd be great if so much of the story wasn't skipped, and more balanced focus on the Straw hat crew instead of almost all focus on Luffy when it comes to story stages. Kinda sad that Brook and Franky just got like 2 stages or whatever they have. :/

Also more costumes for all the characters! Sure there are some DLC ones but not for all characters, and it's also sad that only Luffy, Zoro and Sanji got alternative costumes that you don't have to pay for. Hell I'd even be content if everyone had one standard outfit and one time-skip alternative one. Or actually it's enough if Nami gets her time-skip outfit. xD

Anyways, as i said, it's a very very good game for a first one piece musou game, but at the same time, I'd say that there are loads of simple improvements they can do to sequels. :P

I had the urge to play this game again, it seems a lot more enjoyable a second time through...first time I did get confused by some of the jumping bits last time though, I'd get turned around a lot. ^^;
    Is anybody else still playing it online? I already platted it once, so I started my new go on another account. Might sort of work towards a second plat if it keeps being enjoyable enough.

ANYWAY. I thought you might be interested to know you can exchange Namco Bandai points for ten dynamic One Piece themes now ~ http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/vi...ic-themes-pack

Aw I want those damn themes. :< Why do they have to be exclusive to that site? If i just had one more NB game to register i could get 'em, but Tales of Xillia and One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 will be released after this offer disappears, and NB doesn't really have any more good games out that come with the "register for points code".

But anyways, yesterday I started playing OPPW again cause I had watched some episodes of the anime, and felt like playing it after. Really love the effects on Whitebeards quake attacks.
    And i have to say, I want to play online, but most of the time I can't, because sadly, thanks to my sisters causing lag when doing whatever crap they are doing.

Aww...I take it you already have Tales of Graces F? You might like that if you were interested in Xillia.

Haha, funny we start to play again on the same day. The netcode for One Piece is really solid, you'd probably be fine if you wanna play. Let me know, and I'll PM you my alt accounts ID (since I'm playing One Piece on that one) :>

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Aww...I take it you already have Tales of Graces F? You might like that if you were interested in Xillia.

Haha, funny we start to play again on the same day. The netcode for One Piece is really solid, you'd probably be fine if you wanna play. Let me know, and I'll PM you my alt accounts ID (since I'm playing One Piece on that one) :>
    Yup, I have ToGF, but unfortunately, that is the first tales game that actually sucks.

Anyways, I guess we could try to play sometime if you want. My PSN is "Mana-Alchemist" if you want to add me.

Okay, shall do! Don't see why those themes cost so many points, they're just themes. You can get a full game (Klonoa) for less. I'm starting to look forwards to the second Pirates game now. x)

Okay, shall do! Don't see why those themes cost so many points, they're just themes. You can get a full game (Klonoa) for less. I'm starting to look forwards to the second Pirates game now. x)
    Is it really the full Klonoa game though? It's marked with "25%" so I think you just get it slightly cheaper.

But yeah, OPPW2 is something to really look forward too. I don't know if i should be happy or sad though that there's not going to be a "Main log" mode in the game. It was kinda fun the first time, but after that, I sadly don't see much replayability in it. :/ But at least I can say that I'm really looking forward to Law being playable. :P

Yeah, I downloaded it already, it's the full thing! It was 2000 points before, they're having a sale on that and the Tales DLC.

Hmm...but there must be a story mode of some kind, right? I'm confused. xD Heehee, that will be cool. There's supposed to be a versus mode, right? That'll be fun. Urgh, getting hyped.

Yeah, I downloaded it already, it's the full thing! It was 2000 points before, they're having a sale on that and the Tales DLC.

Hmm...but there must be a story mode of some kind, right? I'm confused. xD Heehee, that will be cool. There's supposed to be a versus mode, right? That'll be fun. Urgh, getting hyped.
    Damn, then I wanna get that klonoa game too. XD

But yeah, there will be a main story mode, but I'm guessing it'll be more like a regular "Musou" mode instead (kinda like how the rest of the characters "story" modes worked in the first game). At least thats what I hope, 'cause I really don't like QTE in games. I dunno about that versus mode though, it'll probably only be local or something, and my friends don't really like the DW games (or fighting games), so I wouldn't get to play it. Hopefully it's online though.

At least it's just a month until the Japanese release so we'll get to know what characters is in it.

Thread Information