Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Official Pirate warriors thread

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Aw man, that would be really cool, good idea! You're totally right, half the time you don't even see the person you're playing with. xD

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Hahahaha wow, damn Franky will have his "Franky Nipple Lights" attack. xD

    Here's a new trailer showing some gameplay with many characters (Franky Nipple Lights is around 1:42):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmwp2...layer_embedded

    But seriously, I am so damn hyped for this game right now! It just looks like it'll be so ******* good.
    And Nami looks really much more fun to play with, which is so damn great since she's got the awesome timeskip outfit now.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Guess they'll probably buff Nami and Robin since they were so much weaker than the rest (Nami especially). I like the nipple lights too xD

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Guess they'll probably buff Nami and Robin since they were so much weaker than the rest (Nami especially). I like the nipple lights too xD
    Dunno if they'll buff Nami, but i read something about Robin being the most overpowered character in the game, so she'll probably be nerfed. Though even if they buff/nerf some characters, I'm guessing a lot of characters might play different from the first game, or at least it looks that way. And I have to say that Chopper definitely needs to be different since he was utter crap in the first game. :/

    But yeah, "Franky Nipple Lights" is awesome.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Robin's level 2 is ridiculous (and funny), but White Beard is easily the most over powered. He doesn't even have to go near to enemies to beat the hell out of them. Chopper is pants until you get his level two. CHOPPER SMASHHHHH. Really wish they had made devil Chopper bigger though. Guess it caused too many problems, he'd fill entire territories with just his hooves.

    Did you know the first one is download only for the US? Apparently the second one is too, sucks to be them.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Robin's level 2 is ridiculous (and funny), but White Beard is easily the most over powered. He doesn't even have to go near to enemies to beat the hell out of them. Chopper is pants until you get his level two. CHOPPER SMASHHHHH. Really wish they had made devil Chopper bigger though. Guess it caused too many problems, he'd fill entire territories with just his hooves.
    Even if one ability is good like Choppers lvl 2, it doesn't mean he's any good at all.
    But yeah, the sizes really seem off in the game. It's like they only have "two" sizes, regular and giant. So most "boss" characters that are just tall (like Aokiji, CP9) are just as big as the characters that are closer to "giants" (like Kuma and Choppers "monster" form). And sadly it seems to be the same in the next game from the trailers, like how Franky Shogun (Franky's huge robot) just is slightly bigger than himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Did you know the first one is download only for the US? Apparently the second one is too, sucks to be them.
    Yup, heard lots about it back when it was coming out since americans where whining like crazy about not getting the physical copy when europe got it. So yeah, sucks to be them in this case, but still just look at all the games that never even reach europe, and there's also a lot of games that europe only gets as a download when the US gets physical copies, so I can't say that it's "unfair" as many claim.

    What's unfair though is that out of all the countries in europe, a country like France gets the "Limited Editions" of the game. :/
    But at the same time, France is pretty much the reason the game even gets released in europe (since they're the largest market for "manga/anime" games), so I can't complain to much about that.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    Here's a new trailer showing some gameplay with many characters (Franky Nipple Lights is around 1:42):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmwp2...layer_embedded

    But seriously, I am so damn hyped for this game right now! It just looks like it'll be so ******* good.
    Was the first game good? I've somehow never heard of these games before, but that trailer makes the new one look awesome! I'll certainly be keeping track of it now

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I'd argue that since you can get their level 2 specials off so often (with the right coin skills), that it does make them good characters. The whole game is so easy anyway that a few of the others seem way over powered.

    Hm, you think so? Gonna have to look at the trailer again, Franky seemed a good size in my memory, but maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

    They kinda have good reason to whine, but you make a good point.
    Really sucks about the limited edition. Was that the one with the Thousand Sunny? looked really cool.


    The first one is good for a One Piece game. It's oddly addictive, but strictly speaking it isn't a good game. It's extremely repetitive and fairly lazy. Definitely for fans of One Piece only. The things it probably deserves the most praise for are how colourful it is, how good the graphics are, and how decent the netcode is. You can play with people across the globe with no visible lag. It's also really easy to jump in and get an online game going. I'd say to skip the first and just jump in at the second. It looks overall better, and has more playable characters. I think the levels from the first are in the second anyways. Besides, the first one skipped Thriller Bark (it's in the second)and we can't have that.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrismZeo View Post
    Was the first game good? I've somehow never heard of these games before, but that trailer makes the new one look awesome! I'll certainly be keeping track of it now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    The first one is good for a One Piece game. It's oddly addictive, but strictly speaking it isn't a good game. It's extremely repetitive and fairly lazy. Definitely for fans of One Piece only. The things it probably deserves the most praise for are how colourful it is, how good the graphics are, and how decent the netcode is. You can play with people across the globe with no visible lag. It's also really easy to jump in and get an online game going. I'd say to skip the first and just jump in at the second. It looks overall better, and has more playable characters. I think the levels from the first are in the second anyways. Besides, the first one skipped Thriller Bark (it's in the second)and we can't have that.
    As a fan of One Piece and Dynasty Warriors style games, yes the first game was good, but at the same time, kinda bad in a lot ways. Also seeing how fast they announced the sequel after the first game, a lot of people has called the first game "beta test" because it was missing so many "important" story arcs like Skypiea and Thrillerbark, and seemed kinda rushed as a whole. So simply, it's good but at the same time bad. :P

    But if you're interested, I'd say skip the first one and go for the second one, as it looks to be much better. More story, and it looks like it'll have at least double the amount of playable characters from the first. Unless you're a huge One Piece fan, then you'll probably love the first game too.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Alright thanks for the advise, looks like I'll be trying to get the 2nd game then since I won't know too much about One Piece until the region 2 dvds start coming out in May

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. One Piece: Pirate Warriors
    By Emerald Emblem in forum KOEI General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-04-12, 04:07 PM
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors [Carátula Definitiva y imágenes Ennies Lobby]
    By Yoker66666 in forum Spain - Embajada Española
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-02-12, 01:21 AM
  3. Dynasty Warriors 7 Video Thread
    By LittleDragonZ in forum Dynasty Warriors® Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-11-10, 12:30 PM
  4. Samurai Warriors 3 - Progress Thread
    By Onislash in forum Samurai Warriors® Series
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-07-10, 04:13 PM
  5. Koei should make a pirate age RPG
    By Toco in forum KOEI General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-09, 09:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •