Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Xbox360 magazine UK DW Gundam 2 review.....

In my mind, it is a question of gaming culture...
    1. Golden age for beat em up was in Europe during 90's with Final Fight, Street of Rage, all Arcades beat em up (Knights of the round, Captain Commando, Aline Vs predator and other really good games)and this age is dead now, except for retro fans like me.
    The 3Dimension has environment has changed a lot of things for older players like me, and first games not very good.
    2. In Europe, we like Science Fiction and other things, and i don't think a lot of people like to play asian "historical" beat em up. I think too much players have in their head Dynasty Warrior 2 and its game play and maybe the ps2 fog graphics, the feeling to play at a empty game... This was my first feeling when i have played the first time at DW. I have really began to love this style game with DW4 empires.
    3. European players always want a game absolutely awesome in graphics, even if background sucks (yes, what a shame, lot of no brain players now) and i think the "Playsation age" has given too much importance to graphics instead of scnario and game play. Unfortunately, Warriors Series are not at the top for that. Dw6 has improved that, but Koei must do efforts to conqueer people on this field.
    4. Online mode (not just ranking and solo versus 1v1 without troops...i want online clan battles) must be integrated as soon as possible !!
    Xbox360 and ps3 GT: Sugizo58

Mes groupes :
    OngakuZensoku: Metal/Rock Prog/ Jrock www.myspace.com/ongakuzensoku
    Kando: Nu jazz (jazz, world, metal)
    http://www.myspace.com/kando89
    Grum lee and the bears: parodie pourrie exprès et en VF
    www.myspace.com/grumleeandthebears

Yeah Musou has never been on the forefront of graphics and with the PS2 DW5 was the best the series ever got and that wasn't the best the console could do. I think European and US gamers are more focused graphics these days, but really can you blame them? previews of games these days have a big focus on style and visual flair rather than depth since developers know people will turn their nose up at a game without the latest graphics engine, like Sugizo said.

A good example of sacrificing graphics for deep gameplay is any of the Combat Mission games or more recently theatre of war. Both series had bad visuals but really deep tactical gameplay that made it worth the replay. Romance of the three kingdoms is another good console/PC example with sprites being used but giving tonnes of gameplay options. If the content of GM2 is a sign of things to come with warriors games then hopefully we will see more gameplay options springing up along with the slight visual upgrade each game gets as the tech improves

Quote Originally Posted by Thadius View Post
    The last PSM3 mag I got had a 1 page ad for Gundam Musou 2, which surprised me since near the back that was the issue that panned the game by saying "fail", but mags will space to anyone for extra revenue so not a shock really. Once in Liverpool a shop at night had a projection image of DW3 on the wall which looked pretty good.
    There was.........I don't remember that.........

Obviously going back quite a while now since DW3 was released. Going toward the Forbidden Planet there used to be a computer games shop called Chipshop2000 and they had it projected there, around 10 odd at night. Don't know how long they had it there since I don't go into Liverpool city on regular basis so.

Oh chipshop.......shame it's not their anymore......

I always felt unwelcome in the place, but they did have alot of games so yeah its a shame a little independant store like that went.

Thread Information