Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox360 magazine UK DW Gundam 2 review.....

wow I've just lost all respect for OPM all in 2 reviews :P

When your a fan of a game series or company that gets crap reviews like this no matter what they do, it really does start to drop your trust for them...I lost my trust and respect for those kinds of reviewers a long time ago, for several reason which I cant be bothered to say right now

If DWG2 is going to be better than the first, I think that I should get that also, seeing how awsome the first was

Note to self: Never trust any "Official" game magazine. Ever. :P

yes, between this 4/10 and the 36/40 on Famitsu (japanese magazine), it is THE complete opposition !!
    Xbox360 and ps3 GT: Sugizo58

Mes groupes :
    OngakuZensoku: Metal/Rock Prog/ Jrock www.myspace.com/ongakuzensoku
    Kando: Nu jazz (jazz, world, metal)
    http://www.myspace.com/kando89
    Grum lee and the bears: parodie pourrie exprès et en VF
    www.myspace.com/grumleeandthebears

Par for the course really, but hey if they quickly finish that DW review they can play more HALO/Killzone as a reward, don't actually play the game just give it a middle score and recommend fans buy it and your work is done. If they gave overy hyped games 3 paragraphs like that fans would crucify them for it.

I think it annoys them alot that they keep giving bad reviews in UK and then each Musou games sells more than the last in the series ^^ (so awesome from you guys for that!).

Well we have have to do something to prove the reviewers wrong and show Koei that they have a strong product out there

Quote Originally Posted by Thadius View Post
    Well we have have to do something to prove the reviewers wrong and show Koei that they have a strong product out there
    Yes...we do, but the thing is, its not all entirely up to us, Koei needs to make the games that people would get behind, because to be honest, sometimes I sort of agree with some parts of the reviews.

I would hope that those kinds of reviews would spur Koei on the make better, more innovative games, but it just doesnt seem to be having that effect -_-

Its true that the reviews are on average pretty scathing when it comes to any Warriors based game, but its also partially the reviewers fault that Koei doesn't really pay attention I think. Looking at most major console releases, even those without large hype build-ups, magazines and websites give most Koei games either no coverage or review space, and when they do its pretty sparse to say the least.

If magazine gave every game at least 1 page for a review then you could respect the opinion of the reviewer, at least it would look like he/she has actually played the game and understood the admittedly minor differences in some titles from previous games. Tiny reviews like the one I highlighted simply lead to fans being insulted by the site/magazine, and Koei really have no reason to respect their opinion. Whenever I read up on Musou games being released in Japan, the gaming media there seem to take an interest and make the review long enough to warrant the score the game recieves good or bad so Koei have a reason to care. Eurogamer and koeiwarriors are the only 2 sites I have seen that gave gundam musou 2 a decent length review.

Maybe it is a case of reviewers being bored of the gameplay, but that doesn't mean they have to give the future games any less attention than past titles, otherwise no one will care what they say Koei included.

We do. We've tried our best, I spent around 20 hours to power up just for them. We visited all of them and I was the one who demonstrated the game and showed them how good it is. I chose Judau's stage with in Psyco Gundam stage, when they saw it they said it's so amazing. Then it came out with this review in the end. We do care for this, we really do, it's just up to them to like or don't like the game. Like 360 they don't like the game but Eurogamer they think this game is great

You can know cause one knows Gundam and loves Gundam and Warriors, one already don't like Warriors and don't even have knowledge on Gundams

I would hope that those kinds of reviews would spur Koei on the make better, more innovative games, but it just doesnt seem to be having that effect -_-
    Well you know our developers are all mainly in Japan and they got all high scores on Famitsu so they think there's no problem for that. But for Western, we're suffering and we're still trying hard to Warriorize them I mean, look what games we came out, it's all Warriors LOL!

Thread Information