Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Series

Default Dragon Ball Series

My favorite anime. I used to love watching Dragon Ball with my cousins and uncle when i was younger, when school ended the first thing we did was heading home and recording all the episodes so we could watch them later on.

My favorite characters were Vegeta, Gohan, Gotenks, Kid Buu, Cell, Baby and our super hero#1 Hercule.

I didn't like the original Dragon Ball saga too much, a huge part of the story was changed on Z Saga, many characters who appeared on the original were temporary and never to be seen again.

Goku and Krillin we're rivals on pratically everything and in Z saga Goku was miles aways of his power level and Goku became a dominant hero and when Vegeta showed up the story focused more on those two as eternal rivals.

GT was nice with many new characters and powerful transformations/fusions, but still Z had the best and hilarious opponents and the greatest matches all happened on that saga, The movies we're also great.

I do wonder if sometime this Anime will resume where it left...

I like it somewhat, though I've actually never read the whole manga or seen the whole anime. But atleast i know the whole story from the games. And i got to say that i really liked Akira Toriyamas style in Dragon Ball earlier, but unfortunatly i've started to hate his style after playing Blue Dragon, so now i have a hard time liking Dragon Ball as much as i did before.

Blue Dragon wasnt that bad, was it?

DBZ as I mainly watched, was fun enough to watch. Just got annoying with the fans in high school screaming a lot.

A Jolly, albeit Grey Country called England

Have you guys watched the trailer of the Hollywood adaption of Dragon Ball Z? I feel so sorry for you guys having to endure the...erm, artistic differences between animation and live-action...
    The answer to the secret of life? Try Googling 42.
    I shall not rest and stop bugging KOEI UK, until they WILL translate Saihai no Yukue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-saka View Post
    Have you guys watched the trailer of the Hollywood adaption of Dragon Ball Z? I feel so sorry for you guys having to endure the...erm, artistic differences between animation and live-action...
    I saw a few video clips and the trailer then it made me feel sick. Like I've said many times before some anime must stay as anime, no matter how good the actors/actresses are, the film will just be insufficient. And for a movie like DBZ, there are many of the attacks which movie effects can't produce.

DBZ anime in general... I have not met a person in my life who has NOT seen this series, it's popular all around the world at the time.

ugh, agreed. I have a friend who's pretty big on the Dragonball series (her brother is an even bigger fan) and when she saw the trailer for the first time, part of her died. I remember her ranting about how America ruins everything and Goku's not even played by an asian actor or something like that, but yeah she was really angry.

Personally, I've only seen most of Z, a tiny bit of GT, and a couple of movies. The only thing I really didn't like about it was how much it dragged - I've never seen an anime that dragged on worse than DBZ (I remember one episode of Goku and Frieza(sp?) and they were mostly just huffing throughout the episode. I don't know whether because the English dub censored stuff or if it was just bad but either way I wanted that half hour back lol). But besides that, it was pretty epic, really. Though Majin Buu gave my littlest sister nightmares and we were banned from watching it for a while o.o I was able to watch the rest of the saga the second time it aired.

I watched all the series of that one and even seen the Dragon Ball GT, I remembered when it was on TV for the first time, I was around 3 and I watched it with my dad every week end.

P.S. : recently I saw the advert for the DBZ movie, it looks awful, for the fan I am, I'm alredy so disappointed
    Last edited by Gischie; 22-02-09 at 09:19 AM.
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

I also watched Dragon Ball when I was young but the KAMEHAMEHA is unforgettable ^^ Though I didn't understand really all the story because some episodes were mixed with others episodes sometimes XD
    Blog Officiel de TECMO KOEI France

http://u.jimdo.com/www32/o/s79eea1ce...humb/image.jpg

Sorry for my bad English, please, forgive my mistakes and
    /or feel free to correct it, thank you ~

Quote Originally Posted by Onislash View Post
    Blue Dragon wasnt that bad, was it?
    IMO it's one of the worst games ever, so I'd say it was that bad.

Anyways i gotta say that if you look at the coming dragon ball movie as "dragon ball" it looks really really bad, but if you think of it as a movie that has no connection to it at all and see it as just a random movie i think it could actually be okay. I'm surprised though, that the PSP game they're making actually seems to fuse the realistic style with the DBZ Budokai games pretty well.

Here's the trailer for the PSP game if someone hasn't seen it:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/306257.html

Don't like the new DBZ, both game and movie, Animes shouldn't never tried to be remade as movies with real characters, specially making it a total spin-off of the original game, Goku with pole is ok but Bulma with guns? and the PSP game is too look similar to Mortal Kombat, even the announcer has a similar deep voice. I'll pass on both game and movie. I prefer the original DBZ anime.

Thread Information