Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gan Ning

Default Gan Ning

Gan is my favorite character of the Wu forces and probably of the entire games roster, he's nice and quick like he was in 4+ although he doesn't have his fast running musou he's still one of my favorites, we're both similar in personality, its also a nice little touch up to allow us to hear his bells ring when moving.

I remember seeing him for the first time on DW3 I was fighting him in a pool of red life bars when all of a sudden a blinding light came on and he came flying into from nowhere thats when I knew I had to get him (because he used his musou), I didn't have the internet back then but I knew that you had to kill 1000 troops to get LuBu so thats how I thought you had to get every character by getting alot of kills, so I went on the levels where I faced Gan and tried to clock 1000 or so kills but then I got the internets and realised I had to complete it to get him hahaha.
    I've loved him ever since.
    Last edited by BEHEMOTH; 14-02-09 at 01:13 AM.

Lol, cool story.

I liked him more in DW3 where his musou attack was a total killer and easily controlled. It just never got tiring killing so many after using that attack for the thousandth time! I also liked his croaky voice.

DW4 his design and moves were good, especially his one-handed C3 when it was first introduced. It looked very skillful. Though that was when his musou speeded up...

In 5 his design was great, great voice and great moves. A character whom I really didn't mind using.

In 6 his design was not good in my opinion, voice was horrible in my opinion, though his moves were extremely fun, especially when level 50. I still feel that he should get his sword back and for Koei to give someone else that moveset of his, it just doesn't suit Gan Ning in DW6.

Gan Ning is okay. I don't use him as much but when I have to, I unleash some of his charge attack in 5 especially his C5 and C6 alot because I am not too fond of his musou. I have a hard time controlling it when I need to knock out officers. As far as he goes in 6, his musou is better but his overall appearance and voice just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post

I liked him more in DW3 where his musou attack was a total killer and easily controlled. It just never got tiring killing so many after using that attack for the thousandth time! I also liked his croaky voice.
    Indeed his musou then was lethal heck it could take Lu Bu and Commanders down relatively quickly even when you were a low level.

I have to say I love the original Gan Ning and he's my favourite Wu character. In DW3 he was a killing machine as mentioned with his musou and it was very easy to get a huge amount of KO's with him. He's been toned down a bit in DW4 and 5 but I still enjoy using him and his attitude and voice actors have been good throughout those 3. Just wish Koei would make up there mind if he was going to have a shirt or not DW2 has it, DW3 loses it, DW4 has it again, DW5 loses it again.

Now DW6 Gan Ning. Attitude I still like but his costume, moveset and voice actor ugh no I was not pleased to see what they had done to Gan Ning and I'm hoping in future DW's he goes back to what he used to be like.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

I remember DW3 musou, His musou attack was totally broken even on hard difficulty it could easilly kill officers with one or two blows, but in WO/WO2 its probably the coolest and fastest way to travel especially with Infinite Musou for 10 seconds. Choose any speed type character use the musou and change to Gan Ning and continue the musou, he looks like a bullet.

Gan Ning was always one of my favorite Wu characters, his DW4-DW5 VA was really nice as it fitted with his pirate attitude/personality really well. His moveset is great and easy to use. My favorite Gan Ning overall has to be the one in DW4, appearence-wise DW6 and Musou DW3.

Well, for DW6 I must say that it wasn't of my complete liking the changes he had. I think the redesign he got for DW6 along with his new moveset are very good, except, that I don't feel like is Gan Ning at all. It's just like LittleDragonZ says, his moves could have been for a new character, rather than him, because nothing suits him better than his pirate sword.

His appearance changed too much. It's a good character design, but there's almost no remaining elements on him to establish a visual connection with his previous one.

Personally, my favorite Gan Ning was that of DW4. I'm curious if KOEI will give him a more similar look to his older versions for future series releases or if they will continue with this new style line.
    Last edited by Gadner Bhan; 05-03-09 at 04:26 AM.

ALL TIME FAVOURITEEE XD

I never rated him too highly up to DW5. I wasn't a big fan of his moveset, nor his Musou attack which is completely out of control.

Come DW6 though, and he has become one of my favourites, his moveset is both fast and deadly - and finally he has a Musou that is controllable and extremely effective. His carefree nature seems to be at a all time high in DW6 as well, I love it!

What I found odd here in DW6, was his ending quote to a stage. It was just... unexpected. You would've thought they could've gave Gan Ning a more personal line, but I guess it just came with the script and lip synching.

Gan Nings is a rather funny person, I am never sure if he is serious or not when he speaks to people. Certainly always entertaining at least.

His moveset started of as a clone in DW2 and has not changed too much up to DW5 besides the crazy musou. Not really a good musou however(unless a wall is near by). In DW6 he is solid if lacking reach.

Thread Information