View Poll Results: Which demographic manga do you read?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shounen (e.g. To LoveRu, Soul Eater and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

9 81.82%
  • Shoujo (e.g. Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club and Vampire Knight)

5 45.45%
  • Seinen (e.g. Blade of the Immortal, World Embryo and Gimmick!)

5 45.45%
  • Josei (e.g. Nodame Cantabile, Gokusen and Honey and Clover)

1 9.09%
  • Kodomosuke (e.g. Hamtaro, Astro Boy and anything by Sanrio)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Demographic-Type Manga Do You Read?

A Jolly, albeit Grey Country called England

Default What Demographic-Type Manga Do You Read?

Urgh, sorry for being technical, but if you don't know the meaning for the word demographic, here's the definition:

noun
    1. a statistic characterizing human populations (or segments of human populations broken down by age or sex or income etc.)
    In other words, the manga demographical splits into several categories:

Shounen (e.g. Naruto), Shoujo (e.g. Fruits Basket), Seinen (e.g. Vagabond), Josei (e.g. Nodame Cantabile) and Kodomomuke (e.g. Astro Boy).

There's a good article that explains about each one, but I'm interested in what demographic manga do you read mostly, as opposed to what genre you like. And please put good reasons on why you chose them.

To me, sometimes I read shounen manga, but ONLY if they got a good storyline and that the action fight scenes are put there for a good reason and not get in the story's way into development, instead of prolonging it and not let it advance; I don't read shoujo manga very much (unless it's anything by Yuu Watase), as a lot of them, despite branching into different genres, all involves some girl meeting a boy and the ending's as predictable as watching a romantic comedy movie and pretty much the same goes to josei, exception goes to Nodame Cantabile, due to its sheer extreme hilarity from the characters and Gokusen (1st series of that live action drama) for its characters and its familiar traits to GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka). And I avoid reading Kodomosuke, as I hate animal characters speaking to humans, unless it's there for a good reason.

But for most of the times, I read a lot of seinen manga, as I like the fact that it can vary from comedy to drama, depending on its mood, dark, but also some light storylines with characters who are more than just typecasts and thankfully, the action fight scenes and storyline development ratio balances better than some shounen ones (I'm looking at you DBZ and Naruto).

And now, it's your turn, as my hands are tired... >_<
    The answer to the secret of life? Try Googling 42.
    I shall not rest and stop bugging KOEI UK, until they WILL translate Saihai no Yukue.

Mostly i read either Shounen or Seinen, though I've started to read less Shounen series and read more Seinen ones. I've also read a little of Shoujo but that's not something i usually do. I've never ran across any Josei or Kodomosuke series so i don't know how those series are though.

Shônen, Shôjo, Seinein... I read all kind of mangas if their are good. (Well, not a lot of shôjos, but they are funny to read, even if the love stories are boring^^" ). I also read some Josei, but just a few of them. And for kodomosuke, I'm not sure to understand what it is. Like TwilightRijax, I progressively lost interest in shônens ans reaad more seinens now.
    As for animes, I like all kinds : Mushishi, Lucky Star, Gantz, Fullmetal Alchemist, Lain...

well I've barely read any manga in my life but for now it's mostly shoujo, which is odd for me.

if Shounen includes naruto as you say.... then let it be it!

Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen. I read a lot of series published in Italy

I'm not sure, probably shounen and whatever group Tenchi & Excel saga fall under...

A Jolly, albeit Grey Country called England

Quote Originally Posted by PrismZeo View Post
    I'm not sure, probably shounen and whatever group Tenchi & Excel saga fall under...
    I think Tenchi would most likely be on shounen.

As for Excel Saga, it's in seinen.
    The answer to the secret of life? Try Googling 42.
    I shall not rest and stop bugging KOEI UK, until they WILL translate Saihai no Yukue.

Default What Demographic Type Manga Do You Read

Anyone else read The World God Only Knows? It's a great love-comedy manga...

not really much of a spoiler but in case your sensitive click to show/hide

Shoujo and Shounen for me. Although I'm currently reading Pandora Hearts, I'm not so sure which category it will fall into

Thread Information