Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun Ce

Default Sun Ce

It's my time to shine!

Let's talk about the Little Conqueror of Dynasty Warriors, Sun Ce. I love him. He is one of my favorite characters of Wu. I enjoy his fighting style and upbeat personality since Yuri Lowenthal does his voice that is a plus for me because he is such an amazing voice actor. I find his tonfas enjoyable to use in battle and easy to juggle especially his C5. I was somewhat disappointed that he didn't have the tonfas in 6 but I had gotten good use out of his spear in 6 and still enjoyed him ever step of the way.

Yeah, I've liked him ever since 3, it took me a while to notice him in the game as well (since he weren't unlocked.) I suddenly saw this guy with tonfas of which I thought were his robotic arms or something. Never had the Internet then.

Enjoyable to use, listen to and of course watch wreck havoc.

Sun Ce seems pretty awesome.
    I haven't unlocked him yet, though. So I don't know how he plays... But I've noticed that pretty much anyone who's equipped with a spear (or any other type of polearm) is usually a pretty awesome character.

And since I haven't played the earlier DW games I don't know how he fought with the tonfas, but I can imagine it was great. Tonfas are pretty unusual weapons for a video game character so that alone makes them fun... 'cause you don't often get a chance to use a tonfa-character.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Well his reach was not impressive and some moves were awkward. His moves were nothing spectacular, but he had tonfas so that should count for something. Lively like his personality.

So changing the tonfas for a spear might not have been a bad move? At least as far as movesets go... A spear is obviously never as cool as a pair of tonfas, but a short reach can be frustrating.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

I've heard many say they love him with a spear, so, could be. But I've personally liked him showing himself in a unique way with the two tonfas. However, both are lively weapons and reflect his persona.

Sun Ce is favourite of the Sun family.

His move set I find alright though I never bother with his C6 I don't find it very effective and usually just use his C5 instead or just carry out the normal attacks he has instead. Attitude wise he's pretty good though with his voice actors I wasn't fond of the ones in DW4 and 5 but the rest have been decent.

In DW6 I did like his new look and his attitude hadn't changed. Wasn't to bothered that he had changed to a spear and while a clone I did like the spear move set for him and kind of thought it suited him so fine with it.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

Before they gave him the spear, he was a favourite. I loved the tonfas, it was great. He looked a lot better before too, at least for them graphics. I don't mind his current looks though, they're pretty good none the less.

I liked using Sun Ce with his tonfas in DW4 (one of the only ones I have). His moveset is so awesome. In DW6 he has a spear (which disappointed me) but he was still good. I think he should have a musou mode.

The tonfas were amazingly fun to use and were definately unusual but great. I was disappointed the changed his weapon in DW6 and DW6 Empires for two reasons.

1. The tonfas were great weapons themselves and shouldn't have been changed.
    2. Sun Ce has the exact same moves and fighting style as other characters in DW6.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 16-07-09 at 10:37 PM.

Thread Information