Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dian Wei

Default Dian Wei

I don't know if it's alright to start a character thread because you feel pure hatred for the warrior in question, but... man, I hate Dian Wei.
    What I don't know either is if he was any good back in the earlier games when he still used and axe, but in DW6... man, I hate him.

He's slow, most of his attacks have a poor reach, he's butt-ugly, his voice actor is AWFUL and... OH YEAH! Did I already mention that he's slow and most of his attacks have a poor reach!?
    I didn't like Zhang Fei 'cause he's slow. But at least his attacks have a nice reach. He could clear a room with one swipe of his serpent blade, but Dian Wei just doesn't know how to make use of that chain he's got hanging from his ball... except if you press and hold the power attack-button. But in a tigh situation you're gonna just get your ass kicked if you try that 'cause it takes a while to charge.

The only good thing I can say about him is that he's got a decent Musou Attack.
    Last edited by Outi; 14-02-09 at 09:31 PM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

I did like Dian Wei in the earlier ones with his move set. His old moveset was pretty good against everything with some great crowd clearing moves and a few that took care of officers easily as well. His attitude has never really been one that I've liked but it does suit him and his VA's have been okay but nothing spectacular.

Now DW6 Dian Wei ugh that ball and chain has to be the worst moveset I've ever encountered in a warriors game. When I saw it I thought it could be quite nice but when I got to use it I wasn't very impressed with it all heck after I completed his Musou I never went back to Dian Wei again after that. I'm hoping he gets his axe back later on or if they keep the ball and chain they improve it as at the moment I'm not fond of it at all.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

Dian Wei was one of those characters that was just fun to use every now and then...that was back before DW6, he was quite fine then, his moveset was quite effective, and his appearance and everything else was quite alright also...but then DW6 came along <.<

Sure he looked quite interesting, and his weapon looked like it could do some damage, but when I actually got to playing him, I found his moveset horrible, and quite useless to be honest...and that was sort of the case with a few of the new movesets...not to mention names though

I just got so sick of Dian Wei's slow movements and useless attacks that I ended up playing through his entire Musou Mode on a HORSE.
    Things went a lot smoother after that...

LOL, it gets a lot more smoother once you just stop using him altogether

No kidding.
    I still need to get him to level 50, though. 'Cause I have to get all characters to level 50. And I really don't wanna play with him again. But I have to...
    Do you have any idea how much this pains me? XD

I wouldnt know because I just didnt bother with him

Actually, I really didn't mind him in DW6, I found him more bareable compared to the older titles (he's always been one of the last I chose.) Though I didn't like his appearance, I found his weapon much funner to get around the field with. But apart from that, yeah, never really been a fan like I've said. And I actually think his voice is pretty decent to be honest.

I wonder if there are any Dian Wei fans in the world... like AT ALL?

LOL, your probably right in that sense, though I've seen a few with his name or part of. I've been on so many forums and haven't seen anybody that talks and praises him so often to make me think he or she is a diehard fan. Though I've seen some use his portrait when his DW6 image was released as their avatar or signature on KOEI Warriors.

Thread Information