Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warriors Orochi 2 Help

Question

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for beating Orochi X on normal, I'm using Sun Quan and he's lvl 91. Here's the thing, I was doing Wu Chapter 8 the Battle of Chi Bi and I breezed through the hole thing and when I went near Orochi X to help out some of my allies he did this wierd black and red AoE attack and killed me instantly
    Disperse, loyal battle monkeys! Do my bidding and bust a cap!
    - Overlord Zetta: Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Arten Morningstarr View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips for beating Orochi X on normal, I'm using Sun Quan and he's lvl 91. Here's the thing, I was doing Wu Chapter 8 the Battle of Chi Bi and I breezed through the hole thing and when I went near Orochi X to help out some of my allies he did this wierd black and red AoE attack and killed me instantly
    Just what difficulty have you been doing this on...because I did it on normal and managed to get through it quite easily with Motochika, Ling Tong, and I think Yoshitsune.

And at Lv91...you should be able to beat him easily, unless you're doing it on hard or chaos, but a good theory to go by is to juggle him as much as you can, do not give him a chance to execute his charge attacks, as they are just horrid to defend against. When it comes to those kinds of levels, who cares if you have to spam your way to victory, if it works, keep on doing it, like for Ling Tong, his C1 is really helpful in 1v1 situations.

Just keep on trying, and try to avoid most of his attacks, as theyre quite powerful, and hit him when you can find an opening, and eventually you should take him down in the end (^.^)

Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    Just what difficulty have you been doing this on...because I did it on normal and managed to get through it quite easily with Motochika, Ling Tong, and I think Yoshitsune.

And at Lv91...you should be able to beat him easily, unless you're doing it on hard or chaos, but a good theory to go by is to juggle him as much as you can, do not give him a chance to execute his charge attacks, as they are just horrid to defend against. When it comes to those kinds of levels, who cares if you have to spam your way to victory, if it works, keep on doing it, like for Ling Tong, his C1 is really helpful in 1v1 situations.

Just keep on trying, and try to avoid most of his attacks, as theyre quite powerful, and hit him when you can find an opening, and eventually you should take him down in the end (^.^)
    Thanks for all the advice ^^ I managed to do it in the end with Sun Wukong but I swear the difficulty was on Normal, I think it may have been Orochi X's musou attack that killed me.

Well, back to the task of trying to get all the Dream Stages for me ^^

Probably his R1 special attack. If you're playing against him and here that special "ping" sound, RUN

It could've been his 4th charge attack as well, but either one will kill you. Also, don't let yourself be cornered or trapped against something. His 3rd charge attack (wtflaserbeamfromhell) will also kill you on the spot O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Honda View Post
    Probably his R1 special attack. If you're playing against him and here that special "ping" sound, RUN

It could've been his 4th charge attack as well, but either one will kill you. Also, don't let yourself be cornered or trapped against something. His 3rd charge attack (wtflaserbeamfromhell) will also kill you on the spot O.o
    Use Quan's C4 attack which will uppercut Orochi X in the air so you can juggle him with his S-string attack or equip Almighty on him with the best weapon element setup to kill him quickier if you add agility to the weapon. :P
    http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/Quanji/Fanbars/JLZ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jiahe View Post
    Use Quan's C4 attack which will uppercut Orochi X in the air so you can juggle him with his S-string attack or equip Almighty on him with the best weapon element setup to kill him quickier if you add agility to the weapon. :P
    I don't think I have the right treasures to make Almighty and... what does Almighty actually do? I've seen it mentioned afew times here and there...

I don't think I have the right treasures to make Almighty and... what does Almighty actually do? I've seen it mentioned afew times here and there...
    Almighty makes all of your attacks elemental effects when your Musou Gauge is full. So for an example if you put Bolt, Flash, Slay, Air, Range, Multi, Agility, Might on Quan's 4th weapon at maxed level the following effects will happen when fighting.

Bolt - Chain damage to group target, also target will crumble down with extra damage.

Flash - Break up the guard/blocking and 1.3 times more damage at level 10.

Slay - 25% chance (at level 10?) that peon will die in one hit, extra damage for officer. It will take off certain percentage of damage from current health when used against officer.

Air - Extra 1.6 times more damage (at level 10) against lifted target.

Range - Increases the charge attack range but does not work with R1 special skills.

Multi - Extra hit with illusion. Damage factor is level of skill times 0.1.

Agility - Increase the swing speed, but if it is too fast some attacks will not work properly unless you tone down the agility to 5 or 6.

Might - Increase the attack power, up to 1.4 times more damage at level 10 skill.

This pretty much makes your characters unstoppable in the game hence why it's called "Almighty". I use the suggested setup given for each character which works for me. Some characters like Sun Ce, Xiao Qiao, Sakon Shima etc with Agility should not be at 10 maxed or you'll have a hard time executing combos.

For more information on where I got this source, go here:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/938105/50446

Hope that helps. :]
    http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22/Quanji/Fanbars/JLZ.png

I does help, thanks alot but after I collect the treasures and make the Almighty skill do I have to collect them all again? Or is the game nice and let you keep them?

I does help, thanks alot but after I collect the treasures and make the Almighty skill do I have to collect them all again? Or is the game nice and let you keep them?
    Once you've acquired the treasures, you keep them forever. However, you'll have to keep making weapons that have the required Almighty ingredients (or weapon attributes) such as Flame 2, Bolt 2, Flash 2, etc.

Once you make a weapon with the right ingredients for Almighty, that weapon is lost once you fuse it with your main weapon. You still keep the treasures, but the other ingredients are lost once the skill is added to your weapon.

Hope that makes sense. Its the most difficult part to understand with the weapon skill system in this game. At least, its the hardest to explain without screenshots or demonstrating it in person =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Honda View Post
    Once you've acquired the treasures, you keep them forever. However, you'll have to keep making weapons that have the required Almighty ingredients (or weapon attributes) such as Flame 2, Bolt 2, Flash 2, etc.

Once you make a weapon with the right ingredients for Almighty, that weapon is lost once you fuse it with your main weapon. You still keep the treasures, but the other ingredients are lost once the skill is added to your weapon.

Hope that makes sense. Its the most difficult part to understand with the weapon skill system in this game. At least, its the hardest to explain without screenshots or demonstrating it in person =/
    So basically, I destroy a weapon with the skills needed to make one Almighty ability, then I can put that ability into 1 weapon provided it meets certain requirements?

Thread Information