Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 or PS3?

Default XBOX 360 or PS3?

Are there some graphic differences between the two versions? I've just read some bad news regarding SFIV...

Aside from the basic colour differences with one being brighter and the other darker, I don't think there are any major differences with either version. What's the bad news on SFIV?

PS3 version has less graphic details & anti-aliasing.

Thats a shame, but since its a fighting game it doesn't need to be too flashy. The best fighting game out there is Ultimate Ninja storm anyway but SFIV is going to be good simply for the nostalgia.

My personal opinion is that the PS3 version looks a tiny bit sharper and smoother but the Gundams look more toy-like because of this. The XboX 360 version is a little more blurred but overall the action seems more real.

There's hardly any difference really though.

personally, i think it is the same game at 99% (minor grphics differents due to differents videocards systems). But player like me who loves "Xbox360 success points" will buy the 360 version instead of ps3 version, even if it includes trophies.

What are success points?

Success points are like trophies on ps3. each retail game on XBOX360 and has 1000points (but maybe it will be more than that if we have DLC contents if it it gives Success Points in adds). To have 1000points means you have done the game at 100% (example: on DW1, the success achievement "kill 50.000ennemis" gives you 50pts /1000pts). Points are added to your game profile. So people can see your points and even how many points you have on games you own.

Since trophies became mandatory on all PS3 games to compete with MS achievements and really the trophies act in a simliar way really, having all PS3 trophies can be considered a 100% completion rate since you have done all that is asked of the developer.

I am getting the game on PS3 firstly because I only have a PS3, but even if I had an Xbox I would go for playstation since that is where DW started and how I first played it back with DW2, so for me its more of a comfort and familiarity thing, not because one is better than the other, they are essentially the same.

I reckon the PS3 is better as the graphics and overall limits of the PS3 is simply amazing

Thread Information