Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters In Dynasty Warriors 7?

i think that if zhu rong came bk, her weapon should b something like an axe cause it'll look kl and that there will b an axe weapon again

News characters only:

Wu: Cheng Pu, Zhu Ran.
    Wei: Cai Wenji, Yue Jin.
    Shu: Liu Shan, Zhang Bao.
    Others: Lu Ling Qi.
    http://moe.mabul.org/up/moe/2010/01/25/img-085144jioti.jpg
    PlayStation®Network : Hamsticy
    Sorry for my bad English (English isn't my first language),
    please, forgive my mistakes, thank you ~

i would like to see someone that has a wepon that hasent been seen befor like a double bladed scyth

For people to bring back I definately think that they should bring back Jiang Wei, he was good but for the rest I am not sure.

One thing I have noticed over the time is that the more characters the are the more chance of repetition, especially with the new Renbu system, there are only so many ways you can wield the same weapon type. the original DW games were completely unreal for spear attacks (you would never be able to link the attacks they did together) but with the mo-capped Renbu, they are limited to real fighting styles.

I think if they were to bring in all of the characters then there would be a lot of cloning and also a lot of sword wielders (Swords are the most versatile of weapons for styles and technique, not to mention design)

Personally I would like them to start focussing on some main characters, getting those characters perfect and the battles more chaotic. If they just add new characters each time it will get to the stage when it is all gravy but no meat. We are getting to the stage in the games lifecycle where we need better story and cut-scenes, better voice acting and effects, more enemies (no just genero-men but guys with slightly different outfits etc) and better graphics engine.

We have had many years of DW games advancing each time by a small amount with reviews coming in saying how it is only worth "40% as it is just last game with slightly improved graphics" for Strike force on the PSP they gave it 60-70% because it had something new in it.

Make this game slightly more RPG focused (levelling up and skils make a difference) allow us to choose which weapon to use, have changing armour designs when we equip it and basically turn this into an Action RPG and I think the reviews, and the play base witll expand even more. Strike forces use of items for forging (like monster hunter) was a good idea and should make it onto the console versions. You could also have different musou attacks you could learn like spells, which you could choose which one to use when your musou bar filled. Possiblities are endless really, but a re-boot could be a good thing for the series...as long as the ydo not do too much to the core fighting mechanic and the history, as lets face it...that is why I have played 15 of the games

Dynasty Warriors 2 (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 3 (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 3: XL (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 4: XL (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 5: XL (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (PS2)
    Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3)
    Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3)
    Dynasty Warriors (PSP)
    Dynasty Warriors Episode 2 (PSP)
    Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PSP)
    Warriors Orochi (PSP)
    Last edited by Stubu; 19-08-09 at 10:12 AM.

I would be glad if they had all the musou characters from before with a few new, and everyone having there own story and movelist, dont do that stupid generic crap where 4 musou officers have the same moves, thats not cool

stubu making it more rpg would ruin the game's style, its a button masher and not many games out there are, Rpg games get dull and having to spend a near limitless number of hours just to be able to perform all the moves for renbu or to have every armor would be dull, dw 6 empires did a good job with the game and if they would have thrown in some side games it'd be awesome, the moves are the only thing I would like to see changed, that and maybe make 1 on 1 duels triggerable with the regular soldiers making a circle and u gotta beat the other character by pressing the correct button to block and attack and dodge

HIMIKO!!!!!!!, also, Zhu Ran, Yuan Shu, and, all the main characters from DW3/4/5

I'd like to see the return of Fu Xi and Nu Wa! Power and speed respectively! Xing Cai would be welcome too! Still can't fathom out why they left Jiang Wei out?!? Not too many though, as DW6 movesets were repeated enough as it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustine View Post
    I'd like to see the return of Fu Xi and Nu Wa! Power and speed respectively! Xing Cai would be welcome too! Still can't fathom out why they left Jiang Wei out?!? Not too many though, as DW6 movesets were repeated enough as it was!
    i think the reason they left Jiang Wei out is the same reason they leave Liu Chan and Sima Zhao out theyre sucsessors to sucsessors (is that even the right word?) although Jiang Weis story was a little it more important i think hed have the same moveset as Zhao Yun also so they casted him away....into the darkness...

Quote Originally Posted by CJZ View Post
    i think the reason they left Jiang Wei out is the same reason they leave Liu Chan and Sima Zhao out theyre sucsessors to sucsessors (is that even the right word?) although Jiang Weis story was a little it more important i think hed have the same moveset as Zhao Yun also so they casted him away....into the darkness...
    True, on both parts! Though, being Zhuge Liang's protege, stolen from Wei, I'd of thought he'd still be there! Still, as you said, he'd just be another clone in the game, and there are already enough!

Shu: Jiang Wei, Liu Chan
    Wu: Cheng Pu, Jiang Qin and/or Zhu Ran (I've thought this since DW3)
    Wei: Yu Jin or Yue Jin (Also thought this since DW3), Guo Jia
    Other: Zuo Ci
    Even if they're not playable characters some unique models and voice actors would be nice, along with envolment with other characters story modes.
    Last edited by Captain Ashton; 14-09-09 at 10:04 PM.

Thread Information