Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Characters In Dynasty Warriors 7?

I think that there are lots of things they should change in when making dynasty warriors 7, but the characters arent one of them, if they just keep adding character, the game its self wont get better.

Here is what i think they should do:

-Give all the players a seperate mosuo mode
    -Make it so you can player against each on multiplayer(online and not online)
    -Improve the graphics
    -Give you officers like in dynasty warriors 3
    -Have multiply types of weapons for each character
    -Be able to switch between a long ranged and short ranged weapon in the middle of a battle
    -Get rid of clone characters

I know this is a lot to do but i would like to see it happen between the next few games

Dynasty Warriors 7 should be more roled out:

You should unlock characters.

SHU

Start with Guan Yu (Unlock Guan Ping if you defeat Xiahou Dun at Guan Yu's Escape)
    Start with Zhang Fei (Unlock Xing Cai if you defeat Li Yan at Chengdu)

etc.

i've been thinking it over, and as well as the new Shu/Wu/Wei characters, i would like to see more rival warlords/officers from other. mainly:
    Zhang Lu (who can double up as a Wei officer)
    Yuan Shu/Ji Ling
    Liu Zhang
    Gongsun Zan (gives Zhao Yun more story)
    Tao Qian/Kong Rong/Han Fu (any other anti-Dong Zhuo lord)
    and most of all.. MA TENG. he needs to be playable or at least a unique NPC

can't remember if i posted or not

Wu Cheng Pu, Ding Feng, Zhu Ran, Jiang Qin
    Wei Yue Jin, Yu Jin, Cao Hong, Li Dian, Jia Xu,
    Shu Ma Dai, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Zhang Yi
    others Wu Tugu, Gao Shun, Yuan Shang/ Tan, Ma Teng, Yuan Shu, Liu Zhang, Liu Biao
    Last edited by YukimuraSanada; 17-07-10 at 09:59 AM. Reason: adding more choices

I'd like to see a 'create a motion' mode where you can choose different movements per attack and where they are positioned, for example:
    Base weapon:2 handed sword (Xiahou Dun's Dao dw5)
    Stance: weapon held to left side
    Swing1: swings blade from left to the lower right
    Swing2: swings blade from lower right to upper middle
    Swing3: brings down blade and spins
    etc. etc.
    I think that would be epic I've seen something like it in a samurai game before where you have different moves that you can put into a moveset. I'd love to see edit characters with motions that other generals don't have, especially if Koei desides to bring out multiplayer freemode or Empire mode

i think they should add mei sanniang and himiko from kessen 2

Default new characters

this is my first replay in this site so be more note with me with everythings
    so let begain
    1- seeing a new family as shu,wei,wu family include with the other character

Quote Originally Posted by 64crayons View Post
    shu:zhuge jin, liu chan
    wu:zhu ran, cheng pu, sun he
    wei: cao rui, bian xi, li dian
    you know Zhuge Jin was Wu right?

i think there sholdn't be any new characters but perhaps some of the lower ranks should be boosted up. for instance Cao Hong was a long standing warrior in Cao Cao's army, i think he deserves to be unique. i also think they should bring back people. Jiang Wei was commander of Shu forces when Zhuge Liang died so he should be in the game.
    apart from that wh ever the makers decide to put in is great by me

also what no one seems to get is that the characters are from the history, youcan't just add in randoms like Himiko because they weren't there and thats why random characters won't suddenly appear
    i dont lie, i bend the truth

the only unchangeable thing is that things change.

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/stupidity/0.gif

For me this is simple, there are many things that need to be improved in DW7 including the development of some of the officers in each force. I've played the game since DW2 and personally I was dissapointed by DW6 and DW6 Empires.

Firstly and most importantly the weapons from DW6 need to be re-thought. Seriously, what was with Sun Ce's weapon? Or Xiahou Dun without his Scimitar? Nearly all the weapons that got changed were terrible and ruined some of my favourite characters. Xiahou Dun and Sun Ce are just two examples of characters that in my opinion were ruined in DW6 by poor weapons. I think they need to go back to the older weapons such as Sun Ce's Tonfa's and Zhou Yu's Elder Sword. Also Ma Chao desperately needs his spear back, although personally I found nothing wrong with his weapon in DW6 I believe that since he went on and on about his spear in earlier versions he should be given it back (especially since it is a very good weapon when on a horse and the sword isn't - this relates to the point of his noted prowess on a horse)

Secondly, a few characters were deleted from the DW6 version of the game, characters such as Jiang Wei and Zhu Rong (without her Nanman was also ruined due to a huge loss in their story). Also characters such as Da Qiao and Xing Cai need to be brought back, especially in the case Da Qiao since Xiao Qiao was kept. This made no sense since they are sisters and their stories are entwined.

Thirdly, the development of some of the main officers in the series so far such as Cheng Pu and Zhu Ran in Wu, Yue and Yu Jin in Wei and Liu Chan + Jian Yong in Shu would add more depth to the game and also create some interesting new stories that could be played in order to keep the character roster fresh. From what I have read so far on this thread these characters are in high demand.

Nextly, I believe that only allowing certain characters to have a playable musou mode on DW6 was a poor decision. ALL characters should have a playable musou in order to keep players interested. However, I believe like in DW4 characters on each force should be unlocked upon completion of certain other generals Musou mode E.g. upon completion of Guan Yu's musou mode characters such as Huang Zhong and Guan Ping should be unlocked due to Guan Yu and Huang Zhong's meetings in the invasion of Liu Biao.

Also, I believe some of the characters need redesigning from DW6. Although it gave DW6 a more fresh look some of the characters looked ridiculously stupid. Cao Ren ended up looking like the Juggernaut from X-Men, Liu Bei ended up looking like any normal private and as such did not have a distinctive look and Wei Yan just looks like a ****.

Finally the development of the rival forces such as Yuan Shao, Dong Zhuo, Ma Teng and Gongzun Zan should be continued. Basically what I mean is that characters from their force should have their own playable storyline's such as Hua Xiong from Dong Zhuo's force (because of his infamous stand at Si Shui Gate) Wen Chou and Yan Liang in Yuan Shao's force are major officers in his force that should be developed especially because of the Battle of Guan Du. Ma Teng and Ma Dai should be developed not only to enhance the story of Ma Chao but also to develop the story of the force itself. Gongzun Zan as a character should also be developed since he is a major part of the Han force against the Yellow Turban Rebellion and also since the development of his character would allow for more background to Zhao Yun's story.

i want to see Jiang Wei back. Also Fu Xi and Nu Wa!!

Thread Information